Is Leesburg Hospital as BAD as the reviews say it is?

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2023, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,172 Times in 1,932 Posts
Default Is Leesburg Hospital as BAD as the reviews say it is?

My husband has a procedure scheduled at Leesburg Hospital in a week. He is just reading the reviews for the hospital. The reviews are absolutely dreadful. Is the hospital really as bad as the reviewers say it is? Anyone have experience with Leesburg Hospital?
Old 07-12-2023, 11:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I had two procedures there and they were both fine.

I think that people generally don't right reviews when things go as expected. It's when someone has a bad experience that they tend to go looking for how to post a review.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-12-2023, 11:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,159 Times in 2,252 Posts

My wife had a procedure there recently, and it went very well, she was pleased with her care.
Old 07-12-2023, 11:28 AM

Had full knee replacement as out patient surgery. Everyone was very nice and professional. One month later and I doing very well, no pain, mobile, and on to full recovery. No complaints on Leesburg. Over night stays may be an issue but no place to recover is better than your own surroundings.
Old 07-12-2023, 11:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Personally it's the Village Hospital I hear so many negative story's and wonder how many are really true.

My neighbors all go to Ocala for any type of procedure including long term chemo treatments.
And they all live a short distance away from The Village Hospital.

Last edited by Michael G.; 07-12-2023 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-12-2023, 11:46 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,195 Times in 761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
Personally it's the Village Hospital I hear so many negative story's and wonder how many are really true.

My neighbors all go to Ocala for any type of procedure including lang term chemo treatments.
I had a shoulder replaced at the Village Hospital in April, the care was outstanding.
Old 07-12-2023, 11:50 AM

The only objective way to rate hospitals is to look at the CMS ( Medicare) ratings. Looking at ratings from survivors gives only part of the answer.
I'm from Boston and you can't find more than one 2 star hospital within 25 miles of Boston. All of the rest are three or more stars. Look at the hospitals in your home town to see if you can find a 2 star hospital that you would be comfortable with. The Villages Hospital has jumped their rating from one star to two stars. I'm sure that was a lot of work and is a move in the right direction. Many people say "You can't look at the ratings because the Villages population is old". The ratings are from CMS (Medicare) I think that means old people.
Old 07-12-2023, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,248 Posts

Friends and family have had good care there.

You do need to oversite/manage care, mistakes happen everywhere.
Old 07-12-2023, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
My husband has a procedure scheduled at Leesburg Hospital in a week. He is just reading the reviews for the hospital. The reviews are absolutely dreadful. Is the hospital really as bad as the reviewers say it is? Anyone have experience with Leesburg Hospital?
My husband has had a procedure done there and all was well. He'll be having a procedure done next week at Leesburg Hospital.
Old 07-12-2023, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

More than one cardio procedure done at Leesburg plus wife's breast cancer surgery....could not ask for better care.

The Villages hospital....not on our list of where to be taken....for anything!

Old 07-12-2023, 02:47 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post

My neighbors all go to Ocala for any type of procedure including long term chemo treatments.
Recently, I had Inguinal Hernia Surgery at The Villages Hospital. I had excellent care. The hospital staff and my surgeon were great.
Old 07-12-2023, 04:25 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
More than one cardio procedure done at Leesburg plus wife's breast cancer surgery....could not ask for better care.

The Villages hospital....not on our list of where to be taken....for anything!

I agree. My wife went to the ER at Leesburg four years ago and received great response and was admitted for five days and received great care. I went to the ER several years ago at The Villages Hospital and was treated like I was a nuisance and waited eight hours to be seen.
Old 07-13-2023, 04:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I had two procedures there and they were both fine.

I think that people generally don't right reviews when things go as expected. It's when someone has a bad experience that they tend to go looking for how to post a review.
Agree. Angry dissatisfied folks are more vocal.
Old 07-13-2023, 05:09 AM
Veteran member

Reading these “reviews” is silly. These comments can be made about any hospital.
Old 07-13-2023, 05:14 AM

Spent nearly two weeks there last year. Eight hours in the waiting room and then another 24 hours in the ER before getting a room upstairs. The nurses we're fantastic, so caring and attentive...can't say enough good about them. All the technicians who did testing very good. I had several doctors, one was incredibly wonderful. He went above and beyond. Two others had terrible bedside manner and I lost all confidence in what they were telling me. That said, I was very, very sick and am fully recovered now so I can't complain...I can only be thankful.
Closed Thread

Tags
hospital, reviews, leesburg, bad, absolutely

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.