Is Leesburg Hospital as BAD as the reviews say it is?

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2023, 03:33 PM
Default I go by Medicare ratings and our 2 local hospitals have bad ratings they deserve it.

I was a hospital administrator for 30 years and the Medicare ratings can be relied on. Anyone can have a good result or a bad experience, we must look at the big picture. The results of all the patients and then compare the to other hospitals, that is exactly what the Medicare ratings do.
Since UF took over what has changed? The signs on the front door. I went into the UF ER on 44 and spoke the their administrator and asked how many of the previous physician staff has had their privileges supended, and how many new UF doctors have been added. The answer to both was "none". How can this generate any positive change. I understand the same is true at the Villages Hospital. You must get rid of the dead wood to expect positive change. I also the same is true of their employees. They say they can't find staff to hire, well if you were looking for a job would you like to work at a 4th rate institution.
Dr. Frank Todd
Old 07-13-2023, 03:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank495 View Post
I was a hospital administrator for 30 years and the Medicare ratings can be relied on. Anyone can have a good result or a bad experience, we must look at the big picture. The results of all the patients and then compare the to other hospitals, that is exactly what the Medicare ratings do.
Since UF took over what has changed? The signs on the front door. I went into the UF ER on 44 and spoke the their administrator and asked how many of the previous physician staff has had their privileges supended, and how many new UF doctors have been added. The answer to both was "none". How can this generate any positive change. I understand the same is true at the Villages Hospital. You must get rid of the dead wood to expect positive change. I also the same is true of their employees. They say they can't find staff to hire, well if you were looking for a job would you like to work at a 4th rate institution.
Dr. Frank Todd
thank you kindly for your honest insight, it answers many questions
Old 07-13-2023, 05:03 PM

I have a friend who is well connected to The Villages hospital. He commented a few weeks ago that they have reviewed the patient data for the past several years and the quality of care at both Leesburg and TVs hospitals has improved significantly. What we are seeing online appears to be older data. The new UF CEO for both hospitals is committed to dramatically improving patient care. The naysayers will say we've heard that before, and they are correct. Time will tell if the current information is signaling the anticipated turnaround.
Old 07-13-2023, 09:34 PM

I was in The Village Hospital for a year the week of Memorial Day! I had some very nice nurses, but the competency of their medical staff is infamous. Leesburg at least has an excellent reputation for Cardiology. The Village Hospital won't be better until they get better doctors. Don't hold your breath.
Old 07-14-2023, 04:35 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,303 Times in 561 Posts

That’s not a Question for the Living, ask the former Dead patients who suffered!
Old 07-14-2023, 04:39 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,303 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
yes, it is as awful as it says. it comes from experience with them, please avoid @ all costs. if you must get sick, use Advent
Exactly , A short drive to AdventHealth will save your life! Remember some Doctors graduate at the bottom of their class , they don’t get offers from Top Notch Hospitals!
Old 07-14-2023, 03:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Only you can decide how your treatment was, if you have background, one knows that if the ED is full of people who are clogging up the department instead of going to urgent care. Then your truly emergent care will be slowed down, since every patient still has to be evaluated wasting precious time,
Closed Thread

Tags
hospital, reviews, leesburg, bad, absolutely

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.