Legacy Chiropractic Care Charges

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2023, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
OK, truce. Neither of us are going to change each other's mind. Perhaps if you had watched a 42 year old nursing supervisor die a painful protracted death over a 6 month period because she went to a chiropractor who treated her with "adjustments" 2x/week for 8 months without so much as an x-ray or a medical opinion you might feel differently. If she was brought into your ER with paralysis below the waist which took me all of 10 minutes to diagnose you'd feel differently. Perhaps if you saw the spinal tumor on her CT that was eroding her spinal cord and clearly inoperative at this point 8 months later you might feel differently. Perhaps, upon sending her to the University for emergency RT, knowing she probably was never going to survive, you might feel differently. Maybe not.

If you knew me, you would know I am far from arrogant. It's was only that "high praise for chiropractors" that set me off, emotionally, because of the above experience and a few others. I think I made a pretty succinct post about my real feelings regarding chiropractors. I also think we both reverted to childish posts from that point on. For my 1/2, I'll take the high road and apologize.

And I sincerely meant it when I stated I hope you bet relief from your pain

PS: I went to repost what I truly felt about chiropractors, I even had the post #, but it got removed, for no reason I can think of. The short version was that I referred patients to chiropractors because traditional medicine often fails to help those with chronic pain. My only prerequisite was that we made a medical diagnosis first and the person had at least a trial of traditional medication/physical therapy/modalities.

I can accept a truce and apologize for being snarky also.

No doubt providing care for that patient after a hack chiropractor was guilty of malpractice would trigger an emotional and very negative response. But as you stated, a case of one does not a study make nor a journal of medicine article to be written. And you know that there are many cases of medical malpractice that would make others have that same emotion. You had to have seen at least one case in your career that bothered you also.

But I will embrace the truce and I wish you the best also. I hope if nothing else out of my posts, you accept the point that I have great respect for many medical professionals and appreciate what they do for us as individuals and a society.
Old 08-15-2023, 10:02 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Have know a few chiropractors, on the golf course, but would never see them as a patient. But I know some who swear by them…to each his own. Some chiropractors won’t even bill out insurance, you are on your own to file paperwork. Fitting in seems to be standard procedure for their offices
Personally I am a HUGE fan of physical therapy which has worked really well for me on a few occasions.
Closed Thread

Tags
care, chiropractic, patient, legacy, insurance

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.