Legalizing Pot Question

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2014, 05:15 AM
Veteran member

I already have short term memory loss. It can only help.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:30 AM

Wait... What was the question?
Old 01-20-2014, 05:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerocker View Post
It's comparable to beer.

I didn't compare anything. I simply stated that caffeine is a drug. It's a stimulant. How many people do you know who can't/won't do anything without their morning coffee? They're addicted to caffeine. There are people who lose their mind without a cigarette. They are addicted. I've yet to hear anything of people "addicted" to marijuana.
We humans need to have an outlet, make pot available and many will NOT move on to hard drugs like crack and vodka. It amazes me how some can articulate so well for the non factual and superstitious side of a debate. I choose beer because it is legal. I am however educated enough to know that it is more harmful than pot.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:53 AM
Sage
Default In this case it led to homicide by vessel

Last edited by senior citizen; 01-26-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:38 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Mass. man appeals conviction in boy’s boat death - Bennington Banner

5 beers plus 3 marijuana cigarettes = homicide by vessel conviction in death of 10 year old boy in kayak
The same result as being impaired by alcohol. From what I've seen from my time on the water, alcohol is a much larger problem with boat operators. On our roads, 30,000 people die each year and more than 10,000 of those deaths are alcohol related according to the NIH. DRIVING IMPAIRED IS WRONG AND DANGEROUS NO MATTER WHAT SUBSTANCE YOU USE!
Old 01-20-2014, 07:20 AM
Veteran member

Read - DrugFacts: Marijuana | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
Old 01-20-2014, 08:37 AM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 01-21-2014 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:47 AM
Gold member

How many time have you been cut-off by someone trying to make it in time for happy hour
Old 01-20-2014, 09:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Mass. man appeals conviction in boy’s boat death - Bennington Banner

5 beers plus 3 marijuana cigarettes = homicide by vessel conviction in death of 10 year old boy in kayak
8 marihuana cigarettes = sharing a box of cookies.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:32 AM
Sage

Hasn't marajawana been noted at the "gate-way" drug?? I personally have never even experimented with it nor had a desire...ever! I guess I miss the reason on exactly "why" folks think they "need" this!!

There was a 'cartoon' in yesterday's (Sunday) Sun that depicts my thoughts completely on the notion of legalizing it.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Hasn't marajawana been noted at the "gate-way" drug?? I personally have never even experimented with it nor had a desire...ever! I guess I miss the reason on exactly "why" folks think they "need" this!!

There was a 'cartoon' in yesterday's (Sunday) Sun that depicts my thoughts completely on the notion of legalizing it.
To the contrary, it has been proven to be less likely to cause hard drug experimentation than alcohol. Most against marihuana are those with no experience with it and are talking from what they heard from their neighbors father that is 76 years old and owns a string of liqueur stores. THC (the chemical that gives one the buss), is no more a dangerous drug than, caffeine and far less dangerous to society than alcohol, nicotine and Xanax.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:08 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
To the contrary, it has been proven to be less likely to cause hard drug experimentation than alcohol. Most against marihuana are those with no experience with it and are talking from what they heard from their neighbors father that is 76 years old and owns a string of liqueur stores. THC (the chemical that gives one the buss), is no more a dangerous drug than, caffeine and far less dangerous to society than alcohol, nicotine and Xanax.
I agree. Unfortunately there are a lot of people believe everything they are told and never bother to research it for themselves and continue to spread unproven information. I hope research into the medical benefits of marijuana only grows and is not stopped by closed minds. I for one want cancer stopped. I personally don't care if the herb does it.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucson View Post
Typical "anti" propaganda. All about kids using it. Kids use it now and it's illegal, so what will change if it becomes legal for adults? It will still be illegal for children. It was full of "studies show" with nothing cited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post

Noted by whom as a gateway drug? Those against it? Those with a financial interest against it? Cigarettes, caffeine, alcohol, those are the true "gateway drugs". Marijuana use comes after those have already been used. Drug use/abuse moves in series, from the easiest to acquire to the harder. You won't find a pot smoker who never had coffee/tea/soda. You'll rarely find one who never tried a cigarette. You'll also rarely find one who never tried alcohol. You can say "there's no comparison", but there is. They're all mind altering drugs. The difference is degree. If you can't compare marijuana to them, you can't compare marijuana to crack or heroin either. It's like beer or wine, that's the closest comparison. Without the loss of "control" you get from alcohol. You won't do something stupid, you won't fall down, you won't drive off the road, after consuming too much.

What "stories"do you hear about pot smokers? They're mellow and like to eat after smoking. Maybe too much makes them lazy. That's it. What stories do you hear about drinkers? Mean, nasty, violent, crazy, dangerous? Marijuana is beer/wine without the bad side effects.

Marijuana isn't like heroin, hard alcohol, or any of the other "hard drugs". It's effects are like having a bit of beer or wine. You don't stumble around, you don't go into a stupor, you don't become mean or violent. You have an enjoyable "buzz" that is good for socializing.

Unless you've tried it, you can't have an opinion. It's not so bad, that's why the people of more and more states are demanding access to it. Just like alcohol prohibition ended because the people wanted their "buzz", marijuana prohibition will end too. Unless the big corporations can put out enough negative propaganda about it.

Of course using it too much can be a problem, but too much of anything is a problem. Like everything else, willpower and moderation are the key. Most adults can enjoy it without negative repercussions. The same people who can enjoy alcohol without it becoming a problem.

Do you drink beer or wine? Do you enjoy it? Then you'd also like marijuana. You really should try something before you post negative comments about it. One puff won't make you addicted just as one drink won't make you an alcoholic.

Are you an alcoholic who can't control themselves? Then you should stay away from marijuana too.

Folks don't "need" it, just as folks don't "need" their beer and wine. Just as you don't "need" a steak or lobster. It's something folks want. Because, like a good meal, or a good beer or wine, it makes them feel better.

Don't believe the hype that marijuana is some extremely potent mind destroying drug. The pharmacists and distilleries have a monopoly on that. And they want to keep it that way.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:46 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
What was the question again?
Darned if I know......something about brain cells, man.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
"Hey man who took my munchies?
That question serves to remind me of another question: Wouldn't the snack food industry take the side of legalizing pot? And wouln't they be inclined to say that smoking pot is okay as long as you practice moderation?

Quote:
And the decline of America continues
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.