Looking for a Cardiologist

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Default Looking for a Cardiologist

Hello folks. My husband and I will be moving to the Villages November 2nd as we are closing our home November 7th.

We are very excited as we have been Villager 'wanna bee's' for many years.

Any recommendations for a Cardiologist? My husband just had a heart attack on September 1st, is doing great and will be back to tennis before he knows it.

We will also be looking for a primary physician as well so any ideas are welcome.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Veteran member

I see Dr Saluck at Citrus Cardiology. I like him very much - takes time with me and is thorough.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:12 PM

Thanks for the info. And.....yes...older dogs make wonderful pets. DOGS rule!
Old 09-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Platinum member

I recommend Dr. Georg J. Couturier, MD, who practices at The Heart of The Villages, 1149 Main St, in the Spanish Springs area. He is Chief of Medicine at The Villages Regional Hospital, where I first met him when I was an emergency admission in congestive heart failure. He spend a great deal of time with me making sure that I understood the nature of my illness and what I should do to treat it effectively.

He is European trained, speaks with a slight German accent and is about 6'5" tall. He is friendly and congenial. He utilizes a Physician's Assistant and Nurses to good effect.

Prior to my hospitalization I was under the care of a cardiologist in Tampa. The Heart of The Villages has a web site at Heart of the Villages - Comprehensive Adult Cardiology .

For a primary care physician I selected Dr. Angel Tafur. You will read some very negative things about him on the Internet regarding his manners. In fact he can be quite haughty and abrupt. He is a tall, slender Peruvian. But, he also has a reputation for being very thorough. For now I am continuing to see him and withholding final judgement. If we don't get along I'm sure I can find someone else. His office is in the medical complex on Buenos Aires Boulevard, one of the few areas in The Villages that is not golf cart accessible.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
I recommend Dr. Georg J. Couturier, MD, who practices at The Heart of The Villages, 1149 Main St, in the Spanish Springs area. He is Chief of Medicine at The Villages Regional Hospital, where I first met him when I was an emergency admission in congestive heart failure. He spend a great deal of time with me making sure that I understood the nature of my illness and what I should do to treat it effectively.

He is European trained, speaks with a slight German accent and is about 6'5" tall. He is friendly and congenial. He utilizes a Physician's Assistant and Nurses to good effect.

Prior to my hospitalization I was under the care of a cardiologist in Tampa. The Heart of The Villages has a web site at Heart of the Villages - Comprehensive Adult Cardiology .

For a primary care physician I selected Dr. Angel Tafur. You will read some very negative things about him on the Internet regarding his manners. In fact he can be quite haughty and abrupt. He is a tall, slender Peruvian. But, he also has a reputation for being very thorough. For now I am continuing to see him and withholding final judgement. If we don't get along I'm sure I can find someone else. His office is in the medical complex on Buenos Aires Boulevard, one of the few areas in The Villages that is not golf cart accessible.
I too see Dr. Georg J. Couturier and Dr. Tafur!! they are the best in my eyes!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 06:50 AM

Dr. Georg Couturier is great.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBellis View Post
I too see Dr. Georg J. Couturier and Dr. Tafur!! they are the best in my eyes!!!
Thanks for the vote of confidence
Old 09-23-2012, 09:13 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default I agree with gracie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
I recommend , who practices at The Heart of The Villages, 1149 Main St, in the Spanish Springs area. He is Chief of Medicine at The Villages Regional Hospital, where I first met him when I was an emergency admission in congestive heart failure. He spend a great deal of time with me making sure that I understood the nature of my illness and what I should do to treat it effectively.

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH GRACIE. I TOO GO TO Dr. . c, who is actually 6'7".
He is so very congenial, but more importantly, he is the choice of most of the people who work in critical care at the hospital. The only drawback is that he is sometime with an emergency on appointment day. But, if I were the emergency, I would not see that as a drawback--rather an asset.
He is truly a joy to have as a physician.
If you want to be impressed, type his name in Google and read his Curriculm Vita.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:26 AM

Ok....We will call Dr. Couturiers office tomorrow!!

Thanks for the heads up everyone
Old 09-25-2012, 04:16 PM

Thanks everyone! I am needing one too....he sounds great!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.