Looking for an excellent ophthalmologist

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Smile Looking for an excellent ophthalmologist

I have been in the villages for about 2 1/2 months, and I really need to find a good eye doctor. Since I am diabetic and have been for the last 40 years, I definitely need an experienced physician. I also have cataracts, and so I need a recommendation for an eye surgeon who does that type of surgery as well. I suspect that the doctors recommended with diabetic experience will probably do cataract surgery as well. I really appreciate all the help that I have received from this website and from all of you who participate.... Thank you so much for being there.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired and happy View Post
I have been in the villages for about 2 1/2 months, and I really need to find a good eye doctor. Since I am diabetic and have been for the last 40 years, I definitely need an experienced physician. I also have cataracts, and so I need a recommendation for an eye surgeon who does that type of surgery as well. I suspect that the doctors recommended with diabetic experience will probably do cataract surgery as well. I really appreciate all the help that I have received from this website and from all of you who participate.... Thank you so much for being there.
I use Dr. Elmallah at Ocala Eye at Laurel Manor. I'm diabetic with glaucoma. I really like him.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:35 AM

I highly recommend Mr. Morris at Ocala Eye at Laurel Manor. He removed cataracts from both eyes this summer.

"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."

Last edited by kathyzapp; 10-02-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
I use Dr. Elmallah at Ocala Eye at Laurel Manor. I'm diabetic with glaucoma. I really like him.
Me too! I highly recommend him! I'm diabetic and have had high pressure in my eyes so have been monitored for glaucoma...but it lowered so now I'm back to once a year eye-exams!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Sage

I can, from experience, recommend Dr. Zeini at Eyes of The Villages located at Southern Trace and La Plaza Grande.....352-750-0060. I had cataract surgery done to both eyes and am extremely happy. He has a hugh amount of experience and shows he is genuinely very concerned with what is best for you.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.