Looking for feedback: ZipHearing Looking for feedback: ZipHearing - Talk of The Villages Florida

Looking for feedback: ZipHearing

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 09-26-2026, 08:21 AM
Laker14 Laker14 is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,689
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2,959 Times in 1,083 Posts
Default Looking for feedback: ZipHearing

Looking for feedback from members who have used ZipHearing (an online source of top of the line, brand name hearing aids).

Here's the deal:

Sam's Club, Costco, and my UHC medicare plan all offer some level of hearing aids, but NONE of those offer the top of the line, newest technologies.

Thanks in advance for all of the advice I'm sure to get, "go to Sam's", "go to Costco" etc, I don't need those recommendations again.
I have been to a local, respected audiology office and they have convinced me that I would be happiest with the performance of a certain top tier hearing aid, and their bundled price is 6K.

The online source, ZipHearing, sells them at 4K, and provides some local audiology offices who will do the technical work of fitting and programing them, all at that 4K price.

$2,000 seems like enough money to make me want to learn more.

So, who out there has gone this route? I will be happy to have the conversation via PM if that is more comfortable for anyone rather than this public thread.

Thanks,
  #2  
Unread 09-26-2026, 09:02 AM
starflyte1 starflyte1 is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Villas de la Mesa
Posts: 1,909
Thanks: 379
Thanked 398 Times in 138 Posts
Default

I know that you don’t want to hear Sam’s Club, but have you been lately? I have their new brand, Bernafon, and they are fantastic! Work with tv, and phone. $1699. Have worn aids for 14 years and these even far out preform the $5500 pair I had!
__________________
Village of Hacienda East
  #3  
Unread Yesterday, 04:27 AM
Whatnext Whatnext is offline
Silver Member
Join Date: Mar 2025
Posts: 452
Thanks: 137
Thanked 523 Times in 230 Posts
Default

For that kind of money I would think you audiologist is recommending something like Oticon. Unless you have severe hearing loss, there are many more reasonably priced entry level aids with all the bells and whistles available.
I am profoundly deaf and need, and use, top of the range aids, but if you are just starting, and just losing your hearing, I think your advisor is looking at income, rather than your immediate needs.
Personally I have always taken complete packages for continuity of care, service and repair if needed.
Any problems when self supplying aids, you are on your own for service, and regular adjustments over following years.
JMHO.
  #4  
Unread Yesterday, 10:27 AM
OrangeBlossomBaby OrangeBlossomBaby is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 12,581
Thanks: 10,356
Thanked 13,615 Times in 4,744 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatnext View Post
For that kind of money I would think you audiologist is recommending something like Oticon. Unless you have severe hearing loss, there are many more reasonably priced entry level aids with all the bells and whistles available.
I am profoundly deaf and need, and use, top of the range aids, but if you are just starting, and just losing your hearing, I think your advisor is looking at income, rather than your immediate needs.
Personally I have always taken complete packages for continuity of care, service and repair if needed.
Any problems when self supplying aids, you are on your own for service, and regular adjustments over following years.
JMHO.
I have moderate loss in one ear, and almost - but not quite - moderate loss in the other ear. I have progressive nerve damage and difficulty with word differentiation. In other words, I can hear the TV, sometimes it's even turned up too loudly. But I can't understand what people are saying on it. I need close captions to follow along, even when I'm wearing my hearing aids adjusted specifically for TV viewing.

So my hearing aids are the Phonak i9 spheres. High end, stupidly expensive. I'll likely step back down to my older Unitrons (which are owned by Phonak) with updated firmware and configuration to my level of loss when it's time for a new pair.

I definitely use the bells and whistles, not all of them. They're great when I'm streaming Netflix from the computer directly into my ears (I don't have speakers on my computer at all). I can do the bluetooth stream, AND mute background noises so I don't hear the canned applause on the TV in the other room while hubby is watching a sitcom.
Reply

Tags
hearing, ziphearing, top, local, price


You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 PM.