Looking for a female dermatologist.

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Default Looking for a female dermatologist.

Would appreciate some recommendations. TIA

Last edited by Arubagirl2000; 08-22-2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Edited wording
Old 08-22-2012, 02:06 PM

I've been to Dr. Holloway at Ocala Dermatology and found her very competent and easy to talk to. They have an office in Summerfield.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemose View Post
I've been to Dr. Holloway at Ocala Dermatology and found her very competent and easy to talk to. They have an office in Summerfield.
Thought her examination was superficial. Left her years ago.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimalto View Post
Thought her examination was superficial. Left her years ago.
I have found dermologists that I have gone to in the TV area to be superficial. Who are you using for a dermatologist that is giving a thorough exam?
Old 08-24-2012, 06:47 AM
Platinum member

We go to Dr. Hussanan (sp), who is a male. However he does have a PA named Fonda that does the exams on my wife. Dr. H does the exams on me. They are located in the Dana Center behind CVS on 466. In a pinch, I can get in to see Fonda too. Dr. H usually is booked up farther than she is. There is another PA, also female, in his office, but I don't know anything about her.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 08-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Veteran member

We go to Colleen MacInnis, 352-350-5230. Is located in Leesburg and Mt. Dora. Doesn't have a Villages office, but I find her to be thorough and competent and well worth the drive. I have seen several in the Villages, but found it hard to get an appointment with the doctor. Was always scheduled with the PA. I feel that at least the first exam should be by the doctor and then follow ups can be by the PA. With Dr. MacInnis, you make your appointment with HER and are seen by HER. She does a full body exam every visit. We are most pleased with her.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac9 View Post
We go to Colleen MacInnis, 352-350-5230. Is located in Leesburg and Mt. Dora. Doesn't have a Villages office, but I find her to be thorough and competent and well worth the drive. I have seen several in the Villages, but found it hard to get an appointment with the doctor. Was always scheduled with the PA. I feel that at least the first exam should be by the doctor and then follow ups can be by the PA. With Dr. MacInnis, you make your appointment with HER and are seen by HER. She does a full body exam every visit. We are most pleased with her.
Thanks Mac, I'm seeing Dr. MacInnis in a few weeks. Can't wait.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 08-28-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
How did your appt go? Did you like her?
Old 08-30-2012, 12:39 PM

I made an appt with Colleen MacInnis for the end of Oct. She is filling up fast apparently.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
BEWARE!!! 3 skin exams in less than one year by dr. Coleen mcinnis.Last visit she didn t spend more than 2 min. With me. I changed Doctors. New doc did 3 biospies. 2 positive. After 2 surgeries, new doc called. Still more cancer. Now being referred for MOHS surgery. I am sure this would have not progressed so far if she knew what she was doing. Beware! Squamous cell Carcinoma for me even though I took all the precautions of seein a dermatology doctor for skin scans.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Default BEWARE! Dr. Colleen McInnis

Quote:
BEWARE!!! 3 skin exams in less than one year by dr. Coleen mcinnis.Last visit she didn t spend more than 2 min. With me. I changed Doctors. New doc did 3 biospies. 2 positive. After 2 surgeries, new doc called. Still more cancer. Now being referred for MOHS surgery. I am sure this would have not progressed so far if she knew what she was doing. Beware! Squamous cell Carcinoma for me even though I took all the precautions of seein a dermatology doctor for skin scans.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac9 View Post
great information
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.