Looking for a Thoracic Oncologist

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2023, 07:26 AM
Default Looking for a Thoracic Oncologist

We are moving to TV in two days, yesterday evening my wife received a call from one of her doctors and was told she has lung cancer. She will be coming back here to Michigan to have some test, but we will be looking for doctors in Florida. I'm looking for any recommendations on doctors treating this. I'm sure in Florida there are good doctors so any recommendations would be welcome. Thanks
Old 11-29-2023, 08:08 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,091 Times in 298 Posts

Nothing close to the Villages, but there's Moffit in Tampa and Mayo in Jacksonville. Neither take United Medicare Advantage (or any other Advantage plan), so pick your insurance wisely, and if you choose an Advantage plan, make sure it's a PPO.
Old 11-29-2023, 09:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
Nothing close to the Villages, but there's Moffit in Tampa and Mayo in Jacksonville. Neither take United Medicare Advantage (or any other Advantage plan), so pick your insurance wisely, and if you choose an Advantage plan, make sure it's a PPO.
Florida Blue Medicare Premier Advantage plan advertises that they cover treatment at Moffitt Cancer Center. I believe they are accepted at Villages Health.
Closed Thread

Tags
doctors, recommendations, florida, michigan, test

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.