MAST Surgery/Procedure

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Platinum member
Default MAST Surgery/Procedure

Has anyone had any experience with this or had it done for spinal stenosis? I believe Dr. Spurrier is the one that does it. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 11-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Veteran member

Have you gone to one of his seminars? If not he's doing on on 11/12...it's in that Villages Voices (supplement) in the Sun paper today 11/2. I went to one last Fall and also had a consultation with him as well. I was encouraged that he isn't "into" doing surgery unless necessary and will do other treatments first. I would go back to him when/if my issues get worse.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Platinum member

Thanks for the reply. I had called today about the seminar on the 12th and was told that it has been rescheduled for Jan. 28th and will be at the Waterfront at that time. They will being taking reservations mid-December (couldn't tell me exactly what mid-December means, tho.). Right now hubby's doing the trial SCS system (spinal cord stimulation) and we're not sure that's going to be the answer. Right now, it's just a matter of exploring the options and MAST looked promising.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 11-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Veteran member

At his seminar you can ask general questions but 'if' you have an MRI already you can schedule a consultation with him in his office. I did this last year about this time. He took his time and answered all of our questions. At that time he wasn't taking insurance, but does so now AND he wasn't affiliated with TV hospital BUT he is now. I was impressed with him and quess when the time for me to have surgery I'd have this MAST procedure if I could.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.