Mattress recommendation-back pain, shoulder pain

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2023, 05:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
FINALLY FOUND THE REAL DEAL.... Saatva Classic .
Absolutely works Great FOR ME.

Tried
.............Regular Coil Spring ........................... NOPE
...........................Temper Pedic........ Somewhat Better
.........................................Sleep Number DANG..... That was NICE

Then a Friend Suggested the>>>>>>> SAATVA CLASSIC......... WOWZER...
OPTED FOR THE 15 INCH DEPTH ... MEDIUM FIRM ...
No longer have Back or Shoulder Pain I Also am a Side Sleeper.

The REAL Temper Pedic and the REAL Sleep Number are happily used in
Guest Bedrooms.

BY THE WAY... The Saatva Classic has been Voted the Best Mattress for 2023
Voted by whom? Every time I read a review of mattresses, a different one shows up as the best. The top pick by Consumer Reports is "Avocado Green". Saatva Classic is not even in their top ten. When it comes to mattresses, everyone seems to have an opinion, but there is no consensus.
Old 07-09-2023, 05:53 AM
Smile For the shoulder pain

I sleep on my left side, left arm under the pillow. I developed pain in the upside shoulder, the right one. I realized, while I was sleeping, my right arm "drooped" down and rested on the mattress, putting the right shoulder in a strained position. I started tucking a thick pillow against my chest so the right arm could rest on it, preventing the shoulder from dropping down. It made all the difference. I also use a pillow between the knees. My hubby teases that I'm "building my fort"!
Old 07-09-2023, 06:01 AM

Sleep number
Old 07-09-2023, 06:17 AM

Sleep number mattress grows mold. However youtube pulled down all the videos of customers showing this. At one time you could see a lot of videos on the topic on YouTube.

Last edited by skippy05; 07-09-2023 at 06:24 AM.
Old 07-09-2023, 06:19 AM
Default Tempur Pedic

My wife had to have a steel rod put in her back when she was about 12 years old due to severe scoliosis. She hadn't been able to sleep on her left side for the next 50 years. We were furniture shopping for a new home purchase and walked by the Tempur Pedic display. When I saw the prices I kept walking, but my wife, out of curiosity, laid down on one of the mattresses. She rolled over to her left side and was amazed that she felt no pain. Of course that high price was worth it for her (finally) painless sleeping.

They make several models, there is a hybrid one that we also bought for our seasonal home, less expensive, but it's also working ok for her.
Old 07-09-2023, 06:38 AM

If you decide to look at Sleep Number beds, you might also want to check out Relax in Comfort in Sumter Landing. Less expensive and more versatile in the areas that count. And GREAT service after the sale.
Old 07-09-2023, 07:04 AM

Sleep Number is adjustable and great. Have had ours over 15 years. The newer ones are loaded with too much stuff. Ask about their S1, S2,, or S3. We'll be ordering one of those soon for our guest room. It's their simplest and least expensive line but comes closest to what we have and like - no sagging either. Good luck!
Old 07-09-2023, 07:25 AM
Default Mattress

. I need a new mattress. I'm a side sleeper with scoliosis and i have been waking up with shoulder pain. I cant have a mattress that breaks down in the middle. I haven't found any good reviews on any mattress. I'm even thinking of making my own mattress but not sure any of the latex padding found on the market is worth doing so. Any recommendations?[/QUOTE]

I bought an adjustable bed from The Original Mattress Factory at 934 Bichara Blvd about 2 years ago. I love it! I don't want to get out of bed in the morning, and love taking naps. Some people don't read or watch TV in bed, but for me it's my guilty pleasure. I even use the zero gravity setting to sleep, which some find awkward, but I like it. I have scoliosis too, and lots of back problems, but now find it easy to sleep on my back.
Old 07-09-2023, 07:28 AM
Default Best Mattress Ever

Find a Beautyrest Jennings Mattress. Not only is it a beautiful mattress, once you sleep on it, you will never want to sleep on any other. It’s a bit pricey but worth every penny.
A friend of mine just house sat for me and slept in that bed. The next day she called Mattress Firm to see if they carried it. They do!
Hope this helps you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi3000 View Post
Not sure where this post should go but here seems about as good as any.

I need a new mattress. I'm a side sleeper with scoliosis and i have been waking up with shoulder pain. I cant have a mattress that breaks down in the middle. I haven't found any good reviews on any mattress. I'm even thinking of making my own mattress but not sure any of the latex padding found on the market is worth doing so. Any recommendations?
Old 07-09-2023, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi3000 View Post
Not sure where this post should go but here seems about as good as any.

I need a new mattress. I'm a side sleeper with scoliosis and i have been waking up with shoulder pain. I cant have a mattress that breaks down in the middle. I haven't found any good reviews on any mattress. I'm even thinking of making my own mattress but not sure any of the latex padding found on the market is worth doing so. Any recommendations?
THE MATTRESS FACTORY on Bichara blvd near Spanish Springs.
Local company
Owned by employees
Best quality mattress you can buy
Competitve price
I bought 2 three years ago
Old 07-09-2023, 07:47 AM

I haven't been able to sleep on a mattress for 1 - 2 decades. Now I sleep in a recliner; that works for me.
Old 07-09-2023, 08:04 AM

I also have the Saatva classic. Am a side sleeper with scoliosis. My chiropractor in Chicago recommended it. Had it in our Chicago home for about 8 months before we moved to TV full time and boy did I miss it when we were here! It has been wonderful for me.
Old 07-09-2023, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
We went a couple of months ago to OriginalMattress F actory on highway 27 and got one of their medium (not too firm, not too soft) rated at a 56 on their scale as I recall. Heavy duty springs. A tad too firm so my wife got a topper (link below). I love it, she does too (and that's what mostly counts anyway). I have bad back issues and this has helped tremendously. Good luck, mattresses are a tough topic.

Amazon.com
We, too, bought our mattress at OMF and love it. And you can turn it and flip it and it’s so comfortable! And they are reasonably priced. Can’t go wrong there.
Old 07-09-2023, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,516 Times in 3,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Voted by whom? Every time I read a review of mattresses, a different one shows up as the best. The top pick by Consumer Reports is "Avocado Green". Saatva Classic is not even in their top ten. When it comes to mattresses, everyone seems to have an opinion, but there is no consensus.
His post is just a badly-formatted copy/paste of an advertisement he saw somewhere online.
Old 07-09-2023, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,516 Times in 3,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy05 View Post
Sleep number mattress grows mold. However youtube pulled down all the videos of customers showing this. At one time you could see a lot of videos on the topic on YouTube.
I don't know what they're doing to cause that to happen, but ours has no mold and we've had the bed for 6 years. Moved it from Connecticut to the Villages (it deflates and folds into its original box that's light enough for one person to pick up easily). We use no special treatment for it.

Out of millions of people who've used SleepNumber, there might be a few dozen people who set theirs up with wet hands, or tried to wipe it down with a moist towel before putting the bumpers on it, and so of course yes it will grow mildew.

If you follow the directions, there's no problem with mold or mildew.
Closed Thread

Tags
mattress, pain, found, good, shoulder

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.