Mayo Clinic Jacksonville

Closed Thread
Old 12-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Just read this thread. I'm so very happy for you and so very, very glad you received some good news. Yvonne had been keeping me up to date on your worries, but haven't talked to her in a couple of weeks. Thank you for bringing a much-needed smile to me!

(And thanks for the info on Maho -- not that I ever had any doubt they would do anything but a top-notch job.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Veteran member

First of all...what a relief to have had good news re: surgery outcome! Whew!!
Being from the midwest and specifically Minnesota I will attest that Mayo is a great place to go for health-care concerns. Many people I know...relatives and friends have gone there and some won't go anywhere else for their annual physicals, even. They are "world class"...you know this when leaders from other countrys come over to be treated. I think I'd definately consider going there if the need comes up. Thank you for such a great report!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

duffysmom.... That is such good news...benign. Have to agree with you on Mayo as being top notch as well.

My experiences with both Shands and Moffitt were not pleasant for me with recurring ovarian cancer. I have since found Ocala Oncology that am so very pleased with the constant maintenance I require, however if need be in any future hospitalization, my choice would be Mayo. To each his own. I started out with one of the best, Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston and one rarely can get better than that, however, I do believe that Mayo is on a par with MGH as the best choice here.

So happy for you...hugs, barb1191

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney

Last edited by barb1191; 12-06-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Thanks everyone for all the kind words. Kathie, we called Mayo ourselves without a referral and met with a physician. I was extremely impressed with the level of care.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Hmmm. A little ole' American competition may have been the catalyst to bring this affiliation about.

An ill wind doth blowith some good.
My dear Gracie..... You truly are the eternal optimist. hugs, barb

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 12-06-2010, 09:01 PM

So glad everything worked out for you.

15 months ago my husband went to Mayo because the Drs. around our area could not find out the source of his problem. We knew there was a major problem, so we took it upon our selves to go to Mayo. What a wonderful atmosphere and experience. Immediately following tests, We were told that there was Cancer in a kidney (which we assumed all along) and some in the bladder. Within three weeks the cancerous kidney was removed and bladder was taken care of. The care that he received iindescribable ....magnificant place. Everyone is so professional and really cares about each person that enters the doors at Mayo. He is cancer free now. Thanks to the Drs.at Mayo and the Lord. Traveling 5 hours twice a year for check-ups is well worth it....kind of a mini vacation.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:14 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb1191 View Post
duffysmom.... That is such good news...benign. Have to agree with you on Mayo as being top notch as well.

My experiences with both Shands and Moffitt were not pleasant for me with recurring ovarian cancer. I have since found Ocala Oncology that am so very pleased with the constant maintenance I require, however if need be in any future hospitalization, my choice would be Mayo. To each his own. I started out with one of the best, Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston and one rarely can get better than that, however, I do believe that Mayo is on a par with MGH as the best choice here.

So happy for you...hugs, barb1191
I have to agree with you about MGH. I had some experimental treatments there for my cancer. Out of 5 of us I was the one that was not a success. Great part tho they gave me good advice on the upcoming surgery and to have it done in RI to make it easier on my family. I have made the decision to travel back to RI for the cancer check ups as long as I can do it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.