Mayo Clinic: Vaccine effectiveness against Delta dropping

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2021, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagele View Post
I think you're correct. Take a look at this article recapping a podcast with Dr. Robert Malone. He's apparently the guy that came up with the science used by Moderna and Pifzer to make their vaccines.

Public health experts must check 'egos at the door,' adjust COVID policy, says mRNA pioneer | Just The News

He agrees the vaccines are less effective on the variants. Believes we should be focusing more on early onset treatment as there are very good anti-inflammatory drugs to treat this "hyperinflammatory disease". Also mentions instead of adjusting to the new findings, the CDC is suppressing dissent and discussion.
What a great article, thanks for posting the link. Dr. Malone goes beyond COVID to the heart of the matter regarding what's going on with the CDC/WHO and the scientific community.
Old 08-12-2021, 12:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,181 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
I think you're correct. Take a look at this article recapping a podcast with Dr. Robert Malone. He's apparently the guy that came up with the science used by Moderna and Pifzer to make their vaccines.

Public health experts must check 'egos at the door,' adjust COVID policy, says mRNA pioneer | Just The News

He agrees the vaccines are less effective on the variants. Believes we should be focusing more on early onset treatment as there are very good anti-inflammatory drugs to treat this "hyperinflammatory disease". Also mentions instead of adjusting to the new findings, the CDC is suppressing dissent and discussion.
Malone is not a reliable source. He is a self promoting blowhard. The only person who says he is responsible for mRNA work is himself. He pushes unproven and unsupported therapies. Please ignore his writing.
Old 08-12-2021, 12:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,181 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Excellent article and I hope EVERYONE reads it through to the end. The covid 19 vaccines are not a panacea and it is not because of the unvaccinated that covid is morphing. There needs to be a new treatment development for the inflammatory factors of this disease when contracted. The CDC needs to take a new treatment tact now if people are going to survive in the long run.
The CDC does not provide a "treatment tact". They collect data on disease and the effectiveness of approaches. It is not their job to invent new approaches or do drug research. Your statement that the new varieties of Covid are unrelated to unvaccinated people is simply not correct. The subject of how the unvaccinated are providing the petri dishes for Covid mutation is NOT addressed at all in the article you reference, even all the way to the end.

For real science on the issue of how the unvaccinated are putting all of us at risk now and going forward read
HERE or HERE or HERE or HERE

No one every said that the vaccines were going to be 100% effective. The data in the article shows they are extremely effective but not perfect

Quote:
the authors found that both vaccines "strongly protect" against severe disease; the difference appears to be more about whether people get infected at all in the first place. The CDC has said the risk of infection is 8x higher in the unvaccinated than the vaccinated, and the risk of hospitalization or death is 25x higher.

Last edited by blueash; 08-12-2021 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-12-2021, 04:52 AM

I’d like to see the same studies regarding the delta variant fir people that had Covid with natural antibodies. I’ve read that they are more positive in fighting variants but I’d love to see this same study doing a comparison.
Old 08-12-2021, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post
You're right but people don't want to hear that. They are so scared of this virus they don't want to even think about treatment, only how to avoid getting it. That's natural I suppose, but it's like saying I never want to catch a cold or get the flu. It's unrealistic. there are bound to be more variants - after all this is a coronavirus like the common cold and there are hundreds of strains of that. We have to accept it and adjust and find common sense solutions other than total avoidance which isn't going to work.
Exactly, and I believe all that fear has been stoked by media and government. Covid-19 will most likely be with us indefinitely. The concern about the vaccines should not be "will I get infected?" but rather "will I survive?" Surviving infection is the best way to protect ourselves because the immune system (unless you are immuno-compromised) will do the heavy lifting. It appears the most important phrase from the Mayo study is, "Our observational study highlights that while both mRNA COVID-19 vaccines strongly protect against infection and severe disease. . ."
Old 08-12-2021, 05:15 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan1717 View Post
I’d like to see the same studies regarding the delta variant fir people that had Covid with natural antibodies. I’ve read that they are more positive in fighting variants but I’d love to see this same study doing a comparison.
Pretty sure you won’t see that study because it doesn’t fit the narrative of getting everyone to get the vaccine
Old 08-12-2021, 05:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

I’m not disagreeing about the less effectiveness of the vaccine. They said from the start there would be a booster and they didn’t know how long it would last and that was before Delta variant. But that Dr Malone guy is NOT the guy who invented mRNA. He’s full of BS. He’s literally the only person who says HE invented it.
Old 08-12-2021, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Malone is not a reliable source. He is a self promoting blowhard. The only person who says he is responsible for mRNA work is himself. He pushes unproven and unsupported therapies. Please ignore his writing.
Let me guess. Facebook or Twitter told you his advice was misinformation. If you're advising others to totally dismiss this mans' advice, you'd better provide some reliable sources to prove he's been wrong in the past. Yes, there as those in the main stream media that take shots at him. Funny thing is, everything he says that they dispute turns out to be accurate.

Yes, it's disputed as to who came up with the science. Still doesn't take away from the fact he knows the science and his advice makes sense.

Listen to the entire pod cast and then decide. He certainly knows the science. He too agrees the vaccines will be less and less effective as the virus mutates. He thinks Fauci and the CDC should be focusing not on just the vaccine but also on a course of early treatment if/when you contract the virus. He thinks Fauci is in the pocket of big pharma aided by the censorship tools of big tech companies. That's not too hard to believe, IMO.

Last edited by lkagele; 08-12-2021 at 06:25 AM.
Old 08-12-2021, 06:34 AM
Default ?only death rate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
I don't worry about the "infection rate." The DEATH rate is more important. Even if the vaccination is weaker and more folks that are vaccinated can become infected, the idea is whether or not they need to be hospitalized or if they may die.
The vaccinations may or may not have contributed to controlling the wild fire of Covid related deaths, so now let this virus run it's course so that the survivors can get on with their lives.
I agree that death rate is extremely important but because we don't know the long term effects of this virus yet, and understandable due to it's infancy, I'm focusing on 1) not getting infected, 2) reducing the effects if I do, and 3) not dying....yet.
Old 08-12-2021, 06:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
T

For real science on the issue of how the unvaccinated are putting all of us at risk now and going forward read
HERE or HERE or HERE or HERE
Just a FYI, these are not citable references, none of them are nothing more than second or third hand opinion. Standardly dot coms are not reliable sources of information.
Old 08-12-2021, 06:48 AM
Default Booster shot?

Breitbart news indicates over 1 million Americans have gotten a 3rd shot. Over 1 Million Americans Obtaining Unauthorized Vaccine Boosters

Has anyone gotten a 3rd shot? I'm thinking of getting another Moderna shot. Why?

Several people who had the Pfizer shots have had a break through episode - we were exposed but didn't experience a break through. (We tested negative 3 times just to be sure).
Old 08-12-2021, 07:08 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

Now that you have been thoroughly brainwashed and manipulated, line up for shots 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Old 08-12-2021, 07:14 AM

Leaked report reveals Moderna COVID vaccine caused 300,000 vaccine injuries in three-month span, hidden from VAERS;
Source: naturalnews.con 8/11/2021
Old 08-12-2021, 07:31 AM

So now you are some kind of expert in vaccines? The truth is that over 98% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated. So the strength of the vaccine possibly has diminished slightly, the over 98% are those who are to stupid or medically not getting the vaccine. They are spreading the virus not vaccinated people.
Old 08-12-2021, 07:32 AM
Veteran member
Default Delta

Quote:
Originally Posted by S=kBlogW View Post
Mayo Clinic study is in preprint, not peer reviewed yet

New data on coronavirus vaccine effectiveness may be "a wakeup call"

A new preprint study that raises concerns about the mRNA vaccines' effectiveness against Delta — particularly Pfizer's — has already grabbed the attention of top Biden administration officials.

What they're saying: The study found the Pfizer vaccine was only 42% effective against infection in July, when the Delta variant was dominant. "If that's not a wakeup call, I don't know what is," a senior Biden official told Axios.

Driving the news: The study, conducted by nference and the Mayo Clinic, compared the effectiveness of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines in the Mayo Clinic Health System over time from January to July.

Overall, it found that the Moderna vaccine was 86% effective against infection over the study period, and Pfizer's was 76%. Moderna's vaccine was 92% effective against hospitalization and Pfizer's was 85%.

But the vaccines' effectiveness against infection dropped sharply in July, when the Delta variant's prevalence in Minnesota had risen to over 70%
Moderna was 76% effective against infection, and Pfizer was only 42% effective.
The study found similar results in other states.

For example, in Florida, the risk of infection in July for people fully vaccinated with Moderna was about 60% lower than for people fully vaccinated with Pfizer.

Between the lines: The two shots both use mRNA, but there are significant differences between them.

For example, Moderna is given in a stronger dose than Pfizer, and there is a slightly different time interval between shots.

"There are a few differences between what are known to be similar vaccines .... None of these variables is an obvious smoking gun, although the dosing amount seems the most likely to be a factor," Moore said.

article:

New data on coronavirus vaccine effectiveness against Delta raises concern among Biden administration - Axios

actual study

Comparison of two highly-effective mRNA vaccines for COVID-19 during periods of Alpha and Delta variant prevalence | medRxiv
Here is another opinion from a relatives daughter who is a Micro Biologist that has been working on covid from the beginning. She says the Delta variant is fiction because covid 19 is a man made alteration of a virus so all rules of mutation do not apply. It can not mutate because of the alteration of the RNA in the original virus. Covid was designed to kill everyone who contracted it but has failed miserably. There is a lot more to this but not room for it all.. The vaccine was ready is such a short time because the prime companies had already developed and patented it in advance. It was financed in part by the US but mostly by a group of the richest men who are actively trying to change America. I'm sure you can figure out most of them. The main one who is huge in the computer industry has been very vocal in his thoughts on population control. FYI this is just 2nd hand info from someone involved in the research who is much smarter than me, but food for thought and possibly explains some of the flip flopping and mystery. I am going to do more reading with a new focus. For those who poo poo anything that goes against the grain and believe anything the government, media, or elitists tell you I guess you have lived a very sheltered life or are just very gullible. Thanks for reading let the attack begin. Remember I already stated this is 2nd hand and I have no data to back it up.

Tags
study, vaccine, effectiveness, pfizer, effective

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.