Mayo Clinic: Vaccine effectiveness against Delta dropping

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2021, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
What is considered a "vaccine injury?" Punctured skin, broken needles?
Your comment is not funny to the hundred of thousands of people who have been injured. People in wheel chairs, some shaking so bad they can't function, horrible rashes all over their bodies, not to mention the thousands who have died after getting the injection. The adverse reactions are listed on the CDC website und VEARS, however they have removed some to protect themselves. The covid virus has never been isolated. The NIH said this & they were doing so many cycles at first that it was picking up any tiny spec of cold, flu and so forth. The info is out there if you would look for yourself & not believe what people who have a vested interest financially are telling you. No proof masks work either. A virus tiny a cloth mask, or any mask is protecting you. If you can see this is about a new world order & getting us under control, our country is done.
Old 08-12-2021, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeriS View Post
Your comment is not funny to the hundred of thousands of people who have been injured. People in wheel chairs, some shaking so bad they can't function, horrible rashes all over their bodies, not to mention the thousands who have died after getting the injection. The adverse reactions are listed on the CDC website und VEARS, however they have removed some to protect themselves. The covid virus has never been isolated. The NIH said this & they were doing so many cycles at first that it was picking up any tiny spec of cold, flu and so forth. The info is out there if you would look for yourself & not believe what people who have a vested interest financially are telling you. No proof masks work either. A virus tiny a cloth mask, or any mask is protecting you. If you can see this is about a new world order & getting us under control, our country is done.
With my 2nd shot I had terrible arm pain immediately, then a sore, swollen, inflamed arm for over a week and a lump developed at the injection site. I reported it to VAERS.
Old 08-12-2021, 11:20 AM

AMEN, no matter your belief you can find a study or articles backing your point of view. Time to stop pushing your beliefs on people and let them decide for themselves.
Old 08-12-2021, 11:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

I guess that technically side effects COULD be construed as "injuries." Your reply "injured" my sensitivities.
Old 08-12-2021, 02:33 PM
Veteran member

I get a flu shot every year, because the virus mutates. I would expect the same with this virus since we didn't kill it, before it mutated.
Old 08-13-2021, 07:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
I get a flu shot every year, because the virus mutates. I would expect the same with this virus since we didn't kill it, before it mutated.

Glad you get your flu shot. I totally advocate for flu shots for other folks that have sensitive health issues. Never had the flu and don't get the shot, but I did get the shingles shot and pneumonia shot. Had to get all kinds of shots when traveling overseas, but keep them to a minimum now. I consider vaccinations to be wonder drugs and a miracle. Why don't I get the flu shot? Never felt the need for it since I have been around folks suffering from the flu and never caught it. Maybe that will change if I ever catch the flu AND survive.Glad to see folks trying to be safe. I am not an Anti-Vaxxer, just haven't decided to get some vaccinations. My family tends to live long lives, in the 90's on average.

At least COVID deaths are down and even though the infection rate has risen, deaths from COVID are still down. That's a good thing.
Old 08-13-2021, 07:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,546 Times in 2,143 Posts

Quote:
Glad you get your flu shot. I totally advocate for flu shots for other folks that have sensitive health issues. Never had the flu and don't get the shot, but I did get the shingles shot and pneumonia shot. Had to get all kinds of shots when traveling overseas, but keep them to a minimum now. I consider vaccinations to be wonder drugs and a miracle. Why don't I get the flu shot? Never felt the need for it since I have been around folks suffering from the flu and never caught it. Maybe that will change if I ever catch the flu AND survive.Glad to see folks trying to be safe. I am not an Anti-Vaxxer, just haven't decided to get some vaccinations. My family tends to live long lives, in the 90's on average.

At least COVID deaths are down and even though the infection rate has risen, deaths from COVID are still down. That's a good thing.
Covid deaths have increased steadily for throat past three weeks.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-13-2021, 07:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Covid deaths have increased steadily for throat past three weeks.

Increased as compared to what number?
Old 08-13-2021, 07:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Increased as compared to what number?
Steadily increased means day over day or week over week. Look at the daily averages for 7/25, 8/1, 8/8, and today. The JHU Covid tracker has a graph that is easy to read.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 08-15-2021 at 07:13 AM.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Steadily increased means day over day or week over week. Look at the daily averages for 7/25, 8/1, 8/8, and today. The JHU civic tracker has a graph that is easy to read.

Ok, one is an increase over whatever other number you start with. Fear mongering when the numbers are showing an overall great trend is not good for anyone. If you wish to suggest an increase then I will suggest that the numbers are minute compared to last Jan.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Ok, one is an increase over whatever other number you start with. Fear mongering when the numbers are showing an overall great trend is not good for anyone. If you wish to suggest an increase then I will suggest that the numbers are minute compared to last Jan.
Not fear mongering, just verifiable data. I am not suggesting an increase, I am pointing to the data that show an increase.

Deaths lag cases by about three weeks and since cases have been climbing these past three weeks so deaths will likely climb too. The current peak isn't as high as Jan but it may not be done climbing yet. Thankfully, it looks like the death rate is not quite as high as the last surge but that is little consolation for the hundreds daily that are losing family members.

The only ones who seem to need to fear are those that rolled the dice and chose to not be vaccinated. Fortunately, vaccinations are on the rise too.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-14-2021, 08:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Advised

We currently go to Mayo at least once a month for treatment and have been going to them for over 5 years. At our last visit one of the Doctors we see advised us to wear masks as things are getting worse. The Dr. was quite serious as opposed to a casual piece of advice. Within the last couple of weeks a rule has been passed at Mayo that all employees must be vaccinated. When there you must wear a mask. It is beyond selfish and uncaring to refuse to wear a mask to protect others and to refuse to get a vaccination given the level of concern by the medical world! This is not a game, it is the real world and it is too late when your in the hospital on all sorts of equipment to say you should have followed the advice.
Old 08-14-2021, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Not fear mongering, just verifiable data. I am not suggesting an increase, I am pointing to the data that show an increase.

Deaths lag cases by about three weeks and since cases have been climbing these past three weeks so deaths will likely climb too. The current peak isn't as high as Jan but it may not be done climbing yet. Thankfully, it looks like the death rate is not quite as high as the last surge but that is little consolation for the hundreds daily that are losing family members.

The only ones who seem to need to fear are those that rolled the dice and chose to not be vaccinated. Fortunately, vaccinations are on the rise too.
Infection-enhancing anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibodies recognize both the original Wuhan/D614G strain and Delta variants. A potential risk for mass vaccination ?

ADE..Look Out

This reaction is forever...you can't go back once jabbed....watch out!
Old 08-14-2021, 09:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by drducat View Post
Infection-enhancing anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibodies recognize both the original Wuhan/D614G strain and Delta variants. A potential risk for mass vaccination ?

ADE..Look Out

This reaction is forever...you can't go back once jabbed....watch out!
You have been posting things like this for a while now,
is there anything that shows this is real and not just wishful thinking? Over 160M vaccinations, over 36M cases, over a month of Delta circulation, and over 60,000 currently hospitalized - how large do the numbers need to be before this can be put to bed?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-14-2021, 09:52 AM

Quote:
You have been posting things like this for a while now,
is there anything that shows this is real and not just wishful thinking? Over 160M vaccinations, over 36M cases, over a month of Delta circulation, and over 60,000 currently hospitalized - how large do the numbers need to be before this can be put to bed?
How about preliminary...
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	fda.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	90447  
Closed Thread

Tags
study, vaccine, effectiveness, pfizer, effective

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.