Medical Cannabis

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2017, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,242 Times in 2,820 Posts

Marajuana has two components, THC and CBD. THC gets the user high and is dominate in recreational marajuana. CBD does not get the user high but has many wonderful medical properties including anti-inflamitory and joint pain relief. In my opinion CBD products are truly a real medical option that could replace many harmful medications such as opioids. That's why the pharmacy companies are the biggert financial supporters against medical marajuana.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
It never ceases to amaze me, how many people who think marijuana is the devil drug...are self-medicating drunks or hooked on pain pills.

While I hope I never need either medically, I certainly don't see why opioids are handed out like candy...but pot is not even allowed to be prescribed by a medical doctor.

And as a far as that goes, why shouldn't it be legal for other than medical purposes?

Give me someone buzzed and laid back on pot over an aggressive drunk who wants to fight everyone...any time.
I agree with all of this post. The doctors who have prescribed opioids for so many years are responsible for the heroin epidemic that is now ravaging the nation. What's wrong with trying something new that might help one's condition without the side effects. And marijuana is not addictive.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:15 AM
Gold member

I agree with all of this post. The doctors who have prescribed opioids for so many years are responsible for the heroin epidemic that is now ravaging the nation. What's wrong with trying something new that might help one's condition without the side effects. And marijuana is not addictive.

I have no problem with taking marijuana in a pill form, but I will never smoke anything again. I am from Michigan and medical marijuana has (in my opinion) destroyed Michigan. As I understand it, Florida isn't legalizing the smoking form. I approve of that.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
It never ceases to amaze me, how many people who think marijuana is the devil drug...are self-medicating drunks or hooked on pain pills.

While I hope I never need either medically, I certainly don't see why opioids are handed out like candy...but pot is not even allowed to be prescribed by a medical doctor.

And as a far as that goes, why shouldn't it be legal for other than medical purposes?

Give me someone buzzed and laid back on pot over an aggressive drunk who wants to fight everyone...any time.
I disagree with" It never ceases to amaze me, how many people who think marijuana is the devil drug...are self-medicating drunks or hooked on pain pills" I do agree with the part that says that opiods are handed out WAY too frequently.

Maybe Marijuana should be legal, as then it would kill part of the drug trade and the shootings and killings.. I read this morning that the two bright high school students shot just the day before graduation in Maryland were targeted for an unpaid Marijuana bill and not the fact one was Muslim. Arrests made in killings of 2 Md. students shot on eve of graduation

It seems that Marijuana is easily obtained because it is obvious that many villagers smoke it. You can tell who uses it by their stance on it.

So I guess this whole discussion isn't really about the medicinal use of pot. But then, maybe it is.

Last edited by graciegirl; 06-18-2017 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:40 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,661 Times in 1,776 Posts

If I were combatting nausea from chemotherapy, dying with complications pot might ease, or coping with extreme pain I might consider trying medical pot in one form or another. BTW, "real" or street marijuana is much harsher on the lungs in just about every way than smoke from tobacco cigarettes (coffin nails, cancer sticks, etc.).

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-18-2017, 11:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
If I were combatting nausea from chemotherapy, dying with complications pot might ease, or coping with extreme pain I might consider trying medical pot in one form or another. BTW, "real" or street marijuana is much harsher on the lungs in just about every way than smoke from tobacco cigarettes (coffin nails, cancer sticks, etc.).
BS, where is your proof
Old 06-18-2017, 11:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It seems that Marijuana is easily obtained because it is obvious that many villagers smoke it. You can tell who uses it by their stance on it.

So I guess this whole discussion isn't really about the medicinal use of pot. But then, maybe it is.
Addicts will come up with all sorts of false rationales to justify their use of a mood altering substance which is of course an addiction.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 06-18-2017 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:31 PM

Does this statement also refer to those who drink any amount of alcohol (or for that matter, coffee) every day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Addicts will come up with all sorts of false rationales to justify their use of a mood altering substance which is of course an addiction.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
Does this statement also refer to those who drink any amount of alcohol (or for that matter, coffee) every day?
Drug Abuse and Addiction | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)

Drugs and the Brain | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)

It could possibly apply to sugar, sex and even exercise endorphins as well as caffeine and nicotine. At this point in time the majority professional opinion about addiction is that it seems to be 40 - 60% hereditary, at least for drugs, although many factors come into play. No one really has a complete answer and of course opinions vary. To me the point of addiction is reached when one is knowingly harming himself or herself but cannot seem to stop.

Last edited by manaboutown; 06-18-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:39 PM
Veteran member

It's only taken 50 years
Old 06-18-2017, 03:47 PM
Sage

Rehab has become an unbelievably lucrative business. Addiction treatment: The new gold rush. ‘It’s almost chic’ – Orange County Register

Old 06-18-2017, 03:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I support the use of medical marijuana, and I'm definitely not a user.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I support the use of medical marijuana, and I'm definitely not a user.
Couldn't have put it better myself. I tried it when I was young and I got no kick from it at all. Only thing was I was a Grocery Destroyer.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:03 PM
Sage

I most likely would support it for palliative use under the aforementioned conditions I listed. Has it been shown to improve or cure an affliction such as PTSD yet?

Last edited by manaboutown; 06-18-2017 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:24 AM

All the person asked is how to get a prescription then everyone chimes in with crazy responses. Here is a listing of doctors, contact someone near you to get an appointment and educate yourself through a valid physician: http://www.floridahealth.gov/program...pleted-cme.pdf
Closed Thread

Tags
medical, cannabis, future, encourage, group

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.