Medical malpractice

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2023, 04:02 PM
Platinum member
Default Medical malpractice

Have you, or anyone you know, filed a medical malpractice suit?

I will appreciate any serious reply.

Thank you!
Old 04-25-2023, 06:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,180 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
Have you, or anyone you know, filed a medical malpractice suit?

I will appreciate any serious reply.

Thank you!
I spent two summers as a paid researcher for a medical malpractice plaintiff's lawyer. So what is you want to know? Start with this simple fact.

A bad outcome is NOT the definition of malpractice. Malpractice only may exist when the physician or other provider did not conform to the standard of care in the community. And that deviation from the standard of care must be a proximate cause of some injury.

If both these conditions exist an attorney should be consulted. Almost all cases are dropped by the attorney after they conduct an investigation into the circumstances either because there is no deviation from standard care or no injury.
Old 04-25-2023, 07:40 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,044 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
I spent two summers as a paid researcher for a medical malpractice plaintiff's lawyer. So what is you want to know? Start with this simple fact.

A bad outcome is NOT the definition of malpractice. Malpractice only may exist when the physician or other provider did not conform to the standard of care in the community. And that deviation from the standard of care must be a proximate cause of some injury.

If both these conditions exist an attorney should be consulted. Almost all cases are dropped by the attorney after they conduct an investigation into the circumstances either because there is no deviation from standard care or no injury.
What blueash said. Medical Malpractice is one of the most difficult cases to prove. I've had 2 semi-serious misdiagnosis & talked with 6-8 medical malpractice attorneys. If an attorney doesn't immediately beg you to sign a representation agreement when he hears your story, you're probably wasting your time.
Old 04-25-2023, 09:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

Look up medical malpractice in the dictionary and there should be a picture of the Villages Hospital ER.
Old 04-26-2023, 04:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post

Absolutely agree. In NY, hardly a conservative state when it comes to plaintiff's rights, 92% of malpractice cases that go to trial are won by the physician. And. as mentioned above, the vast majority never make it to trial.
Closed Thread

Tags
medical, malpractice, reply, serious, suit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.