Medication, Medication, Medication

Closed Thread
Old 10-14-2015, 02:45 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,228 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemindofanurse View Post
I am very sorry if I am being taken wrong. My intent when starting this was to do a daily post as to something behind the scenes in a doctor office. I don't mean to lecture or upset anyone. I only post things that I have been asked more than once during a patient's visit. I do not think anyone is stupid. I personally am the type of person who would like to know why you need to know what I have if I'm not taking it. I understand that a lot of you already know this so the post is annoying to you. But like I said. I have had patients ask these questions in the past. So, if I have helped at least one person be less annoyed with the process of seeing their doctor because now they know the why behind it, I am happy

I really like what you said here about being happy if you have helped at least one person. I am sure you helped more than that. You just never know how far your trying to help someone can reach.

But (sigh) you probably feel like a classic example of that old saying, "No good deed goes unpunished." -- I have never liked that expression. But sometimes it plays out. Not always though. And I know that good nurses, by nature, are always doers of good deeds.

In writing, tone and voice are two of the hardest things to teach. Both can be so nuanced.....Actually, tone is the easier of the two, once the writer is aware. But voice is either there in a piece of writing or it is not.

I could hear the voice in your writing. I knew you wanted to communicate to be helpful. I also could hear your frustration with the system. And in your more recent post, I think you are finding the voice you need. Don't give up on your writing. Sometimes you might like to write just for yourself. And sometimes you might want to write for others. But don't give it up.

And now, I probably will take heat for acting like a teacher.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,088 Times in 4,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I really like what you said here about being happy if you have helped at least one person. I am sure you helped more than that. You just never know how far your trying to help someone can reach.

But (sigh) you probably feel like a classic example of that old saying, "No good deed goes unpunished." -- I have never liked that expression. But sometimes it plays out. Not always though. And I know that good nurses, by nature, are always doers of good deeds.

In writing, tone and voice are two of the hardest things to teach. Both can be so nuanced.....Actually, tone is the easier of the two, once the writer is aware. But voice is either there in a piece of writing or it is not.

I could hear the voice in your writing. I knew you wanted to communicate to be helpful. I also could hear your frustration with the system. And in your more recent post, I think you are finding the voice you need. Don't give up on your writing. Sometimes you might like to write just for yourself. And sometimes you might want to write for others. But don't give it up.

And now, I probably will take heat for acting like a teacher.
Very possible
Closed Thread

Tags
medication, taking, patient, home, stands, blah, pain, antibiotic, days, taking-, surgery, left, needed, bottle, medicine, medications, doctor, information, med, boxes, emergencies, bad, injury, discontinued-, specifics

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.