Migraine Sufferers

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2015, 06:31 AM

I have been on Topomax for years. Two pills in the am, and two in the pm. I still get my share of migraines, but I have a complicated medical history. I take fioricet for my migraines and I can control the pain with that. My migraines started when I was 17, and I always knew they were starting because I had an aura at the onset. After I had three different subdural hematomas, a stroke, and burrhole surgery to relieve the pressure and blood in my head, my headaches changed. The auras disappeared however the headaches were more frequent. Over the course of all these years I know I have tried so many different meds and Topomax is the only one that seemed to help a bit. I have been limited from trying certain drugs on the market such as Imitrex due to a heart condition. My triggers are stress and weather patterns. I sympathize with all my fellow migraine sufferers.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:46 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl08 View Post
No Cisco, my son did do a trial of Topamax but it made him "dopey" and he said food tasted awful when taking it. So he stopped taking the med.

Hope it works better for you.
That side effect would blend in with my personality

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 03-23-2015, 07:02 AM

I have migraines with visual changes 3-4 times a year. Last year I started having them several times a week. Obviously, I became very interested in finding a way to treat or prevent them. After months of almost weekly MD visits it was discovered that the migraines were ocular. I had recently transitioned to an e-reader and it correlated to the increase in migraines. I read at least 4 hours a day along with several other hours looking at my laptop and IPhone. My treating Physician instructed me to turn down the brightness on all devices. It worked beautifully! I stopped having the frequent migraines within a week.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.