Morning Migraines?

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Sage

Was told by my health-care provider shortly after we moved here that, this is allergy alley!! We don't have hard winters like up north so stuff doesn't die like there. PLUS all of the flora that's in a cycle of blooming etc. I take Singular which has really, really helped. PLUS---have gone off all wheat, sugar and processed foods---you'd be amazed at how great you might feel if you adjust what you eat.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

My sister had a UV light installed on her AC and it has made a world of difference, her allergies are much less troublesome. Wish I knew about it when I had cats since it also removes odors. We are in the process of having one installed. Also I use a Neti Pot to clean my sinus's and it's been very helpful; be sure to sterilize the water before using it. Dr. Oz recommended it.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:01 AM
Sage

I like playing doctor...
agree with Grace, migraine and sinus are different headaches, and you seem more concerned with stuffiness.
...migraine is one sided, not bilateral
...either can be triggered by food or drink
...allergy can come from sleeping w/down, cat hair, etc
...opening the sinus won't touch a migraine
...opening the vessel with caffeine/sumatriptan won't work for sinuses but the heat of coffee might make it superficially better
...over the counter nasal sprays cause rebound, compounding congestion
I recommend an allergy clinic/doc to see what you are allergic to, cuz I'm just playing doc..
Kitty
Old 06-03-2013, 08:47 AM

I love reading posts on this subject. My entire adult life I have bothered by headaches. Some minor and the worst is when I get my three day headache that starts in my right eye. A good day for me is when I wake up without a headache. I was hoping when I retired and moved to Florida they would cease, but no such luck. I know certain things give me headaches. Wine and mocha coffee could have me down for days so I now avoid these items, but I still get frequent headaches. I have learned taking too many OTC medications can make matters worse. I will try some of the helpful hints I have been reading. Thanks! If you do not get headaches consider yourself very fortunate.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Platinum member

I get severe migraines from MSG. You would be surprised at all the foods that use it...and sometimes hidden under different names. I woke up this morning with one. I had fried chicken from Sweet Bay (I know not good for me...but this is very seldom). The ingredients do not say MSG, but the coating mix has MSG and they don't list it. also, almost all soups, salad dressings, rice mixes (like rice-a-roni)......basically most processed food. I ask at restaurants, they say no MSG, but if you pursue it, it will be there. Ironically, the Chinese places that were notorious for using it, seldom do now.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member

[QUOTE=AutoBike;686258]UV lights are used to kill micro-organisms in water and air systems. They don't remove allergens unless you're allergic to micro-organisms.
A good electrostatic filter can remove most air-borne allergens.[/QUOTE

Mold, bacteria, viruses and fungi continually pass through the air, which can then grow and prosper on the inside of the heating and ventilation system and associated filters in your home. If your allergies act up when you enter a home or building, it may be the biological growth in the air conditioning. that causes this reaction.

Ultraviolet Light, helps to prevent allergies attacks.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Migraines, allergy headaches, or...?

One of the ways I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea was that I woke up with a headache. I was told by a doctor that the two reasons for morning headaches were High BP and Sleep Apnea. Since I have been treated I no longer have them. Wher are they located and what do they feel like?

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 06-04-2013, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubsgo View Post
Is anyone else waking up with morning migraines from sinus and allergies? Some mornings I wake up with whoppers...I take Sumatripthen and Excedrin to get rid of them. There has to be a nighttime allergy medication to take before bedtime to ward these off.

What do my other allergy sufferers take at night?
I've been getting them too since we moved here. I do have allergies but they were never this bad back in Boston...not sure why.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1g View Post
I've been getting them too since we moved here. I do have allergies but they were never this bad back in Boston...not sure why.
Your body is sending it's front line soldiers with the big guns to new allergens.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Veteran member

We also have a Chinese tallow tree in our backyard that sends pollen around like snow in a Chicago winter. That dumb thing doesn't help me AT ALL! I was up this morning at 3AM with the beginning of one. I caught it in time with some Excedrin but then the caffeine in the pills kept me awake. Win, lose I guess! YAWN!!!
Old 06-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubsgo View Post
We also have a Chinese tallow tree in our backyard that sends pollen around like snow in a Chicago winter. That dumb thing doesn't help me AT ALL! I was up this morning at 3AM with the beginning of one. I caught it in time with some Excedrin but then the caffeine in the pills kept me awake. Win, lose I guess! YAWN!!!
Hire someone to cut down the tree and haul it away. Problem solved.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Sage

I'm having a round of congestion...guafenesin helps. It's branded mucinex if you want to pay more. available in liquid or tabs.
kitty
Old 06-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoBike View Post
That would be my suggestion as well.
Yahoo! We agree!
Old 06-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Hire someone to cut down the tree and haul it away. Problem solved.
Not that simple...the root system on this 65 year old tree goes under the house and over into the neighbor's yard. Last estimate was $7500. I haven't got that!!
Old 06-05-2013, 01:45 PM

You all make me want to NOT move to FL with pollen and mold! Well, I guess it's better than the snow.

I've also had migraines for years. Takes forever to identify triggers. I know one is bright lights. I can't go to Home Depot into the light section and look up because it could trigger it, and if I get one of those darn cars with the bright bluish lights driving towards me, I have to look away. My doc has me on 1000mg of Depakote which spreads them out, but I still find myself at least once a week curled up like a beaten puppy hoping nobody makes a sound or lets in the light.

Took forever to find out my morning headaches were from sleep apnea too.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.