Mr. Mitchell - Tri County Ortho for shoulder

Closed Thread
Old 08-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Veteran member
Default Mr. Mitchell - Tri County Ortho for shoulder

Recently, Dr. Mitchell at Tri County Orthopaedics told me I should have surgery for a torn rotator cuff, bone spur/calcification. I am pondering and was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with Dr. Mitchell doing similar surgery.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Sage

Dr Mitchell did right shoulder rotator cuff repair for me in March 2009 and same for Mr 07 in August 2008. We both had successful outcomes. I have heard and I believe that Dr Mitchell is the best shoulder surgeon around. It's outpatient surgery.

But, having had 2 total knee replacements, I can honestly say the shoulder surgery recovery was longer and more painful than either of the knees. Very uncomfortable for 4-6 weeks and tough physical therapy. I was able to start back at golf in about 2.5 months but more like 6 months for tennis.

Best of luck to you...it's not a fun proposition ahead.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Being a fairly active and competitive tennis player in my prime, I had shoulder surgery for what was believed to be a torn rotator cuff. When the surgeon went in (minimal invision with only 3 very small incisions) he found no tear but a major bone spur which would have resulted in a "Frozen shoulder" if not repaired when it was. You dont want frozen shoulder for then they must "crack" the shoulder calsification and then begin the smoothing process....not pretty. Agree with the previous post that recovery was not easy from shoulder surgery and PT will be an absolute must. I think I did it 3Xweek for 4 -6 weeks. It took me 3-4 months to get back to tennis and afterwards all has been fine with the shoulder..now did I tell you about.......!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.