Need Dental Office that accepts Federal BC/BS FEP Dental Insurance

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2023, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
As I understand it, the dental, vision, life insurance, and long-term care plans offered by the Federal Government to their employees and retirees are not subsidized or endorsed by the Federal Government. The companies that offer these plans are just using the Federal Government as a sales platform to sell their insurance plans. Only the medical insurance plans are subsidized by the Government. I think it is important to know this when you buy one of these plans.
Yes, but it depends on the research and CHOICES made by the retiree.
The Government has the largest number of employees in the world, so the choice of providers is extensive, which keeps it competitive!

I like competitive, when it comes to quality health care coverage!

The ability to easily research providers on our federal employee/retiree sites is second to none during Open Enrollment, as well as year round.

I put in the time to research what's impertinent to us and when we call directly to the carrier, these companies know we are Federal employees/ retirees and the calls are handled with the epitome of professionalism.

The cost/prices of our premiums are reflective of the governments negotiations. Thank you Uncle Sam.

It is awesome in these days and times of confusing medical/dental/vision plans.

If a federal employee/retiree is unhappy with their coverage, premiums, co-pays, it only tells me that they haven't put in the time to research the hundreds of options and MOST IMPORTANTLY choose the company that resonnates with their needs.
The government also offers a comparative analysis btw. providers, side by side.

Can't beat the competitive mo. premiums, numerous options, quality of plans.

I'm pleased that I served my Country and that I am rewarded in retirement with good quality plan options. Again, my dedicated service and my tax dollars at work for me, I'm appreciative. Nothing is free, I earned it with blood, sweat and tears.
Old 07-25-2023, 09:17 AM
Default bc/bs dental

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
We Need a Dental Office that accepts Federal BC/BS FEP Dental Insurance.

Actually a 2 part question: Not only do we need one that takes our insurance but also one who you think provides quality care.

Thanks!
We have bc/bs dental. We go to Smile Dentistry at Mulberry. I can't say enough good things about them. Dr Malek and his entire staff are wonderful.
And, yes, they submit the insurance paperwork for you.
Old 07-25-2023, 09:19 AM

I use fepblue.org to locate an in network provider. There are quite a few locally. We also have GEHA Dental and normally the dental office can give you a good idea what the co-insurance will pay for a given service. I suggest you constantly remind them you have FEP Blue also. They will normally get paid more from the supplemental insurance and sometimes forget to file with both, often resulting in a bill that is a little higher than expected. Our normal provider has left the area so we too are going to need a new dentist some day.
Old 07-25-2023, 09:43 AM

Quote:
As I understand it, the dental, vision, life insurance, and long-term care plans offered by the Federal Government to their employees and retirees are not subsidized or endorsed by the Federal Government. The companies that offer these plans are just using the Federal Government as a sales platform to sell their insurance plans. Only the medical insurance plans are subsidized by the Government. I think it is important to know this when you buy one of these plans.
While true that the dental and vision plans are not "subsidized" by the federal government, OPM is very involved in the plans offered. From their website: "The Federal Employees Dental and Vision Benefits Enhancement Act requires OPM to establish arrangements under which dental and vision benefits will be made available to Federal employees, retirees, and their families. The law requires that the contracts under this program be available for seven years; however, premium rates and benefits packages are negotiated on an annual basis under the terms of the contracts."
Old 07-25-2023, 09:55 AM

I am a retired Fed. employee, I have BC/BS and a supplemental policy with MetLife. I have been here for 13 years and have done a lot of researching on dental programs. Most dentists in the area will accept both policies. However, the real kicker if finding one who is "In Network". The most dollar savings is to use an In Network dentist. I have found only one, which I used for a short time. I found that he was doing a little "cheating" on the reimbursements, so I moved on from him. Good Luck
Old 07-25-2023, 12:53 PM

We use Grand Traverse Dental. Have been very happy with them.
Old 07-26-2023, 06:04 AM

Quote:
I don't mean to be rude, but why would someone who has never been a Federal employee opine on something he admittingly knows little about?
Old 07-26-2023, 06:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStarAirlines View Post
I don't mean to be rude, but why would someone who has never been a Federal employee opine on something he admittingly knows little about?
I was a Federal employee for 35 years, and I know a lot about the Federal employee and retirement benefits.

For 15 of those years, I was an Inspector General responsible for investigating employee issues and complaints about their benefits.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 07-26-2023 at 06:48 AM.
Old 07-26-2023, 06:53 AM

Another vote for Marion Dental. We have been using Dr. Kevin Wallace, for over 10 years, and are very satisfied.

13700 North US Highway 441
Lady Lake FL 32159

352-259-0822
Old 07-26-2023, 06:55 AM
Default The easiest way to find a dentist

Quote:
We Need a Dental Office that accepts Federal BC/BS FEP Dental Insurance

Actually a 2 part question: Not only do we need one that takes our insurance but also one who you think provides quality care.

Thanks!
Contact your insurance company to find which dentists participate
Old 07-29-2023, 11:04 AM

Quote:
We Need a Dental Office that accepts Federal BC/BS FEP Dental Insurance.

Thanks!
I am the surviving spouse of a federal retiree and have Medicare and BCBS insurance. I use Dr. Heydari on 466A - Aesthetic Dental across from Colony Plaza.
Closed Thread

Tags
dental, insurance, fep, bc/bs, federal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.