Need a dermatologist

Closed Thread
Old 01-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Default Need a dermatologist

Can anyone tell me anything about these dermatologists -- Are they good? Have you used one of them?

Dr. Madeline Gainers -- 1503 Buenos Aires Blvd.

Dr. Mary Barber -- 1400 N US HWY 441

Dr. Daphne Chester -- 1400 N US HWY 441

Or does anyone know of a good dermatologist?

Old 01-02-2013, 04:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Dermatologists

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie View Post
Can anyone tell me anything about these dermatologists -- Are they good? Have you used one of them?

My wife and I both are attended by Dr Tran in Laurel Manor. We are away and I dont have contact info with me. In our view he is very good and we have only heard good reports from others. I'm sure you can find him in the Phone book
Old 01-02-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:

I use Dr Barber's office and they are very good. I see the RNPA and I like her, She takes her time and checks anything that you have a worry about. I have had 20 skin cancers removed over the years and I'm sure I will have more. Have a good friend that also goes there and said I will love Dr Barber if I have to have a cancer removed as that is all she does is the surgery.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Default Dr. David Casper -Highly Recommended

Dr. David Casper, Alliant Dermatology, on 466 just across from the Haciendas at Mission Hills. My husband is a retired MD and was very impressed with him. He does the exam and procedures himself, does not turn you over to PAs.
352-399-7295.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike42 View Post
Dr. David Casper, Alliant Dermatology, on 466 just across from the Haciendas at Mission Hills. My husband is a retired MD and was very impressed with him. He does the exam and procedures himself, does not turn you over to PAs.
352-399-7295.
I used him also, and he is great!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:27 PM

I would also recommend Dr. Casper. I went to him on 12/28. He is professional, you can get an appointment quickly since it is a new office and he takes time for the examinmation and to LISTEN. I'm sure he will be very busy very soon!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
My wife and I both are attended by Dr Tran in Laurel Manor. We are away and I dont have contact info with me. In our view he is very good and we have only heard good reports from others. I'm sure you can find him in the Phone book
Absolutely agree!!! His office is in the medical buildings across from Laurel Manor Rec Center, and his phone number is 352-751-6565.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Default Two Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixote View Post
Absolutely agree!!! His office is in the medical buildings across from Laurel Manor Rec Center, and his phone number is 352-751-6565.
An Idea ?

Does it make sense to have two dermatologists and go to each respective office each year, therefore giving you a check up each 6 months and get two different opinions ? This would not put all your eggs in one basket and limit your exams to one viewpoint ?

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 01-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARBAR View Post
I would also recommend Dr. Casper. I went to him on 12/28. He is professional, you can get an appointment quickly since it is a new office and he takes time for the examinmation and to LISTEN. I'm sure he will be very busy very soon!
I highly recommend Dr. Casper .........I had a spot that I wanted checked out ....He took one look and said that spot is OK !!! but this other one isn't, and sure enough it had to be removed ,,,, It was a piece of cake and I have a new doctor,,,,,

Fumar
Old 01-11-2013, 01:23 PM

I had a surprisingly good experience with Dr Casper on 466. Very personable. Professional office. Nice employees. And ON TIME! He seems to know what he is doing, and gave me an easy to understand description of what he found and what it meant.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike42 View Post
352-399-7295.
I went to Dr. Casper's office on the strength of your recommendation. I went to the office to see how long it would take to get an appointment. While I was talking with the secretary, Dr. Casper walked in to that area and saw me. I had a very visible skin problem on my face. He could see I
was in trouble and needed attention. He agreed to see me that afternoon and within an hour I had a prescription for some medicine that brought quick relief.
Dr. Casper has a wonderful "bedside" manner with patients. He is very
professional, calm, and reassuring.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:23 PM

Just had an appt with Dr. Casper. I agree with SteveG completely. I was surprised how young he looked -but he knows his stuff.

I would highly recommend Dr. Casper.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Default Dr. Casper-Dermatologist

I went to him last week and he was on time, very thorough and has great staff. He personally called me at home after performing a procedure to check on how I was doing. Highly recommend him.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Default Excellent Dermatologist

Quote:

Dr David Casper of Alliant Dermatology on East County Rd 466 was recommended by a woman (on TOTV) whose husband is an MD and he was a patient. It is true that when you make an appointment the DOCTOR HIMSELF sees you and makes the assessment and in my case, treated me on the spot! Thank goodness for this website. Dr Casper is not only professional and efficient, he is thorough in his explanations and I have the utmost confidence in him. Previously I had been to another dermatologist in TV and was seen by a PA who barely looked at my face and I was charged a whopping "First Office Visit" fee and told to make another appointment. Huh? So it was a very refreshing experience to walk into the offices of Alliant Dermatology where professionalism and ethics abound.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:23 PM

I agree! I had the same experience with "another Dermatologist" and then went to Dr Casper, what a difference! I think he is the best Derm in the area and have been recommending him since he got here. Any skin problems, go see him, you will not be disappointed!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.