Need dr. who prescribes Armour thyroid

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2015, 04:44 PM
Default Need dr. who prescribes Armour thyroid

Does anyone know of a Doctor who prescribes natural thyroid medication in the surrounding area. Not dr. Desai please. I prefer an endocrinologist but cannot find one. I don't want to go to someone who wants you to take a handful of suppliments.

Thanks
Old 10-21-2015, 04:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftynanna View Post
Does anyone know of a Doctor who prescribes natural thyroid medication in the surrounding area. Not dr. Desai please. I prefer an endocrinologist but cannot find one. I don't want to go to someone who wants you to take a handful of suppliments.

Thanks
Not to pry, but WHY? After all, an assortment of horse, cow and pig thyroid glands mushed up and purified with variable bioavailabilty and therapeutic effect that usually requires more than the average number of blood tests to adjust. Or 100% pure synthesized levothyroxine which is WYSIWYG and much easier to titrate dosages. It's kind of like someone preferring digitalis leaf to lanoxin. Just my opinion.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:30 PM

Endo is not my forte, but I work in a pretty large facility and not 1 of the providers will Rx that. Kinda raises a red flag to me. That's just my thoughts though
Old 10-22-2015, 05:30 AM

I PM you doctor, who is board certified MD and very good.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:27 AM
Sage
Default Why Natural Thyroid?

It has T1 and T2 as well as T3 and T4. It's the closer to our natural thyroid than synthetic. We feel better, hour hair and nails are healthier, brain fog goes away and we aren't as tired or cold.

On synthetic I felt better than nothing, but still felt like crap! Doctors said I was just getting old. I fought to get on natural thyroid over 20 years ago and feel so much better. My numbers no longer fluctuate.

My doctor takes it and my husband's doctor prescribes natural to his family.

I am an advocate for natural Thyroid and have only gotten positive feedback from everyone who has switched.

I go to Dr. Desai.

You can google it yourself. Here is a quick link.

Why Natural Thyroid is Better than Synthetic
Old 10-22-2015, 06:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftynanna View Post

Thanks
Dr. John Beruss DO Lady Lake
Old 10-22-2015, 06:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
It has T1 and T2 as well as T3 and T4. It's the closer to our natural thyroid than synthetic. We feel better, hour hair and nails are healthier, brain fog goes away and we aren't as tired or cold.

On synthetic I felt better than nothing, but still felt like crap! Doctors said I was just getting old. I fought to get on natural thyroid over 20 years ago and feel so much better. My numbers no longer fluctuate.

My doctor takes it and my husband's doctor prescribes natural to his family.

I am an advocate for natural Thyroid and have only gotten positive feedback from everyone who has switched.

I go to Dr. Desai.

You can google it yourself. Here is a quick link.

Why Natural Thyroid is Better than Synthetic
I'm glad it works for you and some others--keep taking it
Like I said in other posts, I never argue with true believers

The article you linked is essentially an op-ed by a true believer with a MD degree, with references to other letters/articles by other believers and some pseudoscience thrown in, which just underscores the danger of getting information on the web. At least , in this case, it is fairly harmless since hypothyroidism can be managed either way. Would love to see a debate between the author of this article and say the chief of endocrinology at Mass. General. Lamb to the slaughter.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I'm glad it works for you and some others--keep taking it
Like I said in other posts, I never argue with true believers

The article you linked is essentially an op-ed by a true believer with a MD degree, with references to other letters/articles by other believers and some pseudoscience thrown in, which just underscores the danger of getting information on the web. At least , in this case, it is fairly harmless since hypothyroidism can be managed either way. Would love to see a debate between the author of this article and say the chief of endocrinology at Mass. General. Lamb to the slaughter.

I so agree. I so agree. And I am only Dr. Mom. Traditional medicine for me.

Tags
thyroid, prescribes, find, handful, suppliments, endocrinologist, desai, doctor, natural, medication, armour, prefer, surrounding, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.