need to find internist/general practitioner

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2012, 12:55 PM
Default need to find internist/general practitioner

Finally moved into our house and need to find an internist/general doctor. Any recommendations for a Board Certified doctor? Close to Sumter Landing would be nice but not imperative- just a good doctor. Thanks
Old 09-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Platinum member

I have been seeing a great doctor. Her name is Dr Ayesha Butt. She is in lake Sumter on Fridays.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Default Dr Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
I have been seeing a great doctor. Her name is Dr Ayesha Butt. She is in lake Sumter on Fridays.
Thanks- according the the ad in today's paper for her practice, I read that Dr Butt is Board Qualified, not Certified. I "googled" that and learned that doctors can claim that they are board qualified and never become certified. I really don't know if that is an issue or not.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Send a message via ICQ to SoccerCoach

Try Family Doctors of Bellview. It is a Marcus Welby type practice. They will have a presence in the Colony Plaza area by the end of the year. Worth your time to investigate. Finding a Doctor you are comfortable with, who listens to you, and talks to you eye to eye is paramount. There are a lot of Drs. who just like to keep testing you with ;ittle healing. Check them out.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:22 PM

Dr. Florian Gegaj (pronounced Geeguy) at premier medical. He is board certified and an excellent doctor, the office number is 352-259-2159. You will hit #3 for the lake Sumter office, they also have an office in Spanish springs and a 7 day a week urgent care clinic. Tis is the same practice as Dr. butts I believe, but Gegaj is board certified.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,510 Times in 1,910 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerCoach View Post
Try Family Doctors of Bellview. It is a Marcus Welby type practice. They will have a presence in the Colony Plaza area by the end of the year. Worth your time to investigate. Finding a Doctor you are comfortable with, who listens to you, and talks to you eye to eye is paramount. There are a lot of Drs. who just like to keep testing you with ;ittle healing. Check them out.
I have no problem with tests. I don't need for them to be all mushy, I just need for them to be GOOD.

We have one, not completely impressed.

Dr. Rivers has an 18 month waiting list, last I checked. I have heard good things about his skill.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Veteran member
Default Doctor

Dr Felix Agbo and his Sinai Medical Practice is in Lake Sumter.He's very good.Send me a PM and I can tell you more.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Dr. Agbo

QUOTE=gatherer47;561983]Dr Felix Agbo and his Sinai Medical Practice is in Lake Sumter.He's very good.Send me a PM and I can tell you more.[/QUOTE]

[

Dr Agbo was recommended by my gynocologist and I found him to be very willing to listen. He sees his own patients in the hospital also. He believes in treating the whole patient not just the symptoms. So far... so good.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 12-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Gold member

I went to Premier Urgent Care last Wed. and because I had a preset appointment with Dr. Gegaj the following Wed. but had not met him yet I was charged $100.00 deductible instead of $40.00.

OK fine because I had sciatica (?) pain in my leg and the pain is horrible.

Asked the Dr. I saw for a cortisone shot and he said Dr. Gegaj does the injections and I would have to wait until next week until I see him.

He gave me pain pills and ordered 9 X rays even after I told him I had not fallen etc. and of course the X rays were fine.

Are you freakin kidding me?

What a racket.

I heard health care here was awful so I'm glad we spent 8 years in Winter Park/ Orlando knowing where to go there.

I should have gone to my old DR. in Orlando and applied the extra $$ to tolls and gas.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:22 PM

Dr Agbo is wonderful.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:25 PM

Had an appointment with Dr. Agbo on Friday...he was very nice...listened to us and may I say "listened" to us. A bit hard to understand, but very compassionate, and we felt he really wanted to get to know us....not wanting to rush into anything. So far, so good. We feel like we made the right choice.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Default Family Doctors of Bellview

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerCoach View Post
Has anyone been notified by the Above Doctors that it is time to select a Doctor that will be at Colony ?

Seems like there may be a delay.

Thanks

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 12-03-2012, 07:38 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default dr

we found Dr. Hornstein. She is on Rt 466 just before Rolling Acres Rd.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.