Need a good chiropractor for hip problem

Closed Thread
Old 09-06-2023, 07:25 AM
Default Need a good chiropractor for hip problem

Can anyone recommend a good chiropractor that knows what he’s doing not just a back adjustment or 10 visits, for my wife’s hip pain? Thanks
Old 09-06-2023, 08:12 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobivison@comcast.net View Post
Can anyone recommend a good chiropractor that knows what he’s doing not just a back adjustment or 10 visits, for my wife’s hip pain? Thanks
HI, my wife has hip pain as well. She is almost 50. Xray showed some type of severe arthritis. Eventually we are told she will need a replacement. For now we go to get her an injection into the hip that relieves the pain for over a month. You may want to discuss this option with your doctor.
Old 09-06-2023, 08:48 AM

Legacy Chiro in laurel manor 3522590024 very good
Old 09-06-2023, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,378 Times in 2,519 Posts

I cannot see the point of having treatment before seeing doctor to find cause of problem
You can cause more damage having these bone crackers pulling you about.
Old 09-06-2023, 09:12 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Physical therapy worked wonders for me. Has she discussed this with her doctor?
Old 09-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

In Clermont and worth the trip. Unlike any other. Results are what matter. See YouTube link for the experience. Not a 2 minute crack and go. There is a big difference between those who treat the symptom and keep you coming back instead of fixing the issue.

Will explain your issues in detail as treatment proceeds. Here is a hip pain video .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2jwQXM9ZCE

Chiropractic ToTheMAX - YouTube

Last edited by Babubhat; 09-06-2023 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-06-2023, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I cannot see the point of having treatment before seeing doctor to find cause of problem
You can cause more damage having these bone crackers pulling you about.
First of all, the term "good chiropractor" is an oxymoron.

Second, hip pain? The appropriate professional to see is an orthopedist.
Old 09-06-2023, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
In Clermont and worth the trip. Unlike any other. Results are what matter. See YouTube link for the experience. Not a 2 minute crack and go.

Will explain your issues in detail as treatment proceeds. Here is a hip pain video .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2jwQXM9ZCE

Chiropractic ToTheMAX - YouTube
Explain your issues in detail???

First of all, your issue will almost always be a "subluxation of your vertebral bodies", since that is the only thing these guys know.

And your treatment will be a series of "adjustments"--also the only thing they know

"If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

Now, if you are really, really lucky, and by that I mean the best 5-10% of chiropractors, they will add in physical therapy modalities.
While I agree that results matter, best to go to a real doctor first and get a real diagnosis. Then you can play around with these fringe practitioners and if you do get better, for whatever reason, since it usually not the "adjustment", great.
Old 09-06-2023, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by two bills View Post
i cannot see the point of having treatment before seeing doctor to find cause of problem
you can cause more damage having these bone crackers pulling you about.
bingo!!
Old 09-06-2023, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,086 Times in 2,747 Posts

Been doing the chiropractor and massage thing for a while hoping it will help the constantly hurting area surrounding the hip. Finally went to the orthopedic office and the x-ray showed the whole joint bone on bone. Got an ultra sound guided cortisone injection for temporary relief which helped, but need a replacement eventually. Fortunately, I have a high tolerance for pain and am going to power through it a little longer until I am eligible for Medicare and get a good Part G Medigap plan. The good news is that the ortho Doc told me the hip replacement is a picnic in the park compared to the knee replacement I already had done. Dam, all the mogul skiing, water skiing, football, basketball, lacrosse, baseball, hiking the white mountains, etc… is coming back to haunt me now.
Old 09-06-2023, 10:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,520 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Chiropractors are not diagnosticians. You need someone to diagnose the source of the pain. If it's caused by osteoarthritis, then chiropractic won't do a darned thing to help, and could make it worse. If it's caused by a joint that slips from the socket, chiropractic can help, but can't fix. If it's caused by a pinched nerve in the lower spine (sciatica or similar), chiropractic can help and possibly fix, along with heat packs and regular exercise. If it's caused by a broken bone, chiropractic will absolutely make it worse.
Old 09-06-2023, 01:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,608 Times in 945 Posts

I had a hip problem a few years ago - it was muscular.
I went the professional stretching route vs chiropractor.
Look up Stretch Lab or Stretch Zone. Both in 466A
I liked Stretch Lab best. Alleviated all my pain, in about 4 to 6 sessions.
Old 09-06-2023, 01:56 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Explain your issues in detail???

First of all, your issue will almost always be a "subluxation of your vertebral bodies", since that is the only thing these guys know.

And your treatment will be a series of "adjustments"--also the only thing they know

"If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

Now, if you are really, really lucky, and by that I mean the best 5-10% of chiropractors, they will add in physical therapy modalities.
While I agree that results matter, best to go to a real doctor first and get a real diagnosis. Then you can play around with these fringe practitioners and if you do get better, for whatever reason, since it usually not the "adjustment", great.
Sorry DR Golfer…all medical professions today have their worth.
My guess…you dont like DOs either.
Todays chiripractors are no longer tge ones that declared 100 years ago they could cure all diseases by manipulation.

Chipopractors have helped many people. But i agree..go to. Doctor first to diagnose the priblem.

My guess…u were a surgeon…lol. No bedside manner.
Old 09-06-2023, 02:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Just for the those NOT in love with DC's, my husband had MANY md's with bad backs that were patients in NC. Best part of Chiropractic, you don't have to believe, and it still works, IF you have the right Chiropractor.
Old 09-06-2023, 04:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

I had sciatic pain which DR. David Kuhns (Wildwood) was able to take care of in around 6 treatments, and I have been pain free since, going on 2 years now. However, I agree with some of the comments above, have an orthopedic doctor look at the hip (MRI/Xrays, etc) to see what is going on. They can then recommend a suitable course of treatment.

Tags
good, chiropractor, hip, pain, wife’s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.