Need a good chiropractor for hip problem

Closed Thread
Old 09-08-2023, 04:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,344 Times in 4,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Total hip is a ball and socket. Total knee is a hinge. Hip is an easier procedure with a high success rate. BTW, there are no pin components in a total hip.
Believe me, you would rather have a total hip than a total knee.
Shhhh... Facts can be confusing...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-08-2023, 07:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybersprings View Post
Have you ever seen that at a medical doctor's office?
I have. The doctor has information about him, information of procedures, his reviews, license, pamphlets, information on walls, medical journals... He is as transparent as can be.
Old 09-09-2023, 10:06 AM

There are NO Good or even Fair medical services avail in the Villages.
Old 09-09-2023, 11:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,034 Times in 4,182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftodd85 View Post
Hmmm.....

And your expertise in medicine to make that statement is???????

Yeah, I thought so.

That being said, I'll agree this isn't Boston or NYC
Old 09-09-2023, 11:29 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,332 Times in 389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftodd85 View Post
So true. The sawbones here are like every other md…on the payroll of the pharmaceutical compainies
Old 09-09-2023, 11:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
So true. The sawbones here are like every other md…on the payroll of the pharmaceutical compainies
Congratulations! That wins the most id***** post of the month award
Old 09-09-2023, 11:43 AM
Gold member

Or perhaps scamming medicare or medicid for unnecessary procedures
Old 09-09-2023, 12:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Or perhaps scamming medicare or medicid for unnecessary procedures
Looks like someone forgot their neuroleptics today
Old 09-09-2023, 12:15 PM
Gold member

The only MDs worth their weight are those that go to the best of medical schools and work at the most renowned hospitals. The rest can barely put a bandaid on but still want to get rich
Old 09-09-2023, 12:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
The only MDs worth their weight are those that go to the best of medical schools and work at the most renowned hospitals. The rest can barely put a bandaid on but still want to get rich
I’m not going to engage that crap. Get help.
Old 09-10-2023, 01:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
New to this forum and starting to learn that some posters love to dig their claws into another's profession and education. What is the purpose?

Last edited by Randall55; 09-10-2023 at 03:30 AM.
Old 09-10-2023, 02:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybersprings View Post
I have no issue whatsoever with you responding to my question to someone else. But you missed my point again. My point is not that Chiropractors cannot and do not make mistakes or even that some are absolute quacks (I went to one of those). My point is not that chiropractors are medical doctors. My point is that there are bad apples, or simply tragic mistakes made by good apples in all professions. Denigrating an entire profession because of one or several tragic cases while apparently excusing them in your own profession seems very hypocritical.

A warning of what to look out for or precautions to take would be great when someone is seeking a good chiropractor. Denigrating an entire profession I believe is unprofessional.

My wife has seen 3 separate medical doctors for this issue with her shoulder blade. Their response, its part of getting old. (yes but her other shoulder blade is the same age and does not have the same issue). She started seeing a chiropractor for it (not via referral) and has received great relief.
My best friend went to the doctor for very bad stomach and indigestion issues. Dr prescibed antacid. This went on for months and he kept seeing the Dr. It was obvious that he was losing weight. He finally (about 8 months later) went to a different doctor and was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer and was dead 3 months later. Should we advise people not to seek out medical attention from all those quack md's? Or should we recognize that this is not the norm? If someone goes to see a chiropractor for pneumonia symptoms, I have to wonder about that person. Did they also not know what a chiropractor is or does?
I see your point. But, I also understand a need to bring attention to the fact that chiropractors ARE NOT medical doctors. I believe some lives can be saved if people understood this. Some people do not have the education or experience to know the person they are visiting for medical reasons IS NOT a medical doctor. I believe they should have to post this fact in their office.

I almost lost a friend who was misinformed about chiropractors. Had she been aware, she would never have gone in the first place. Denigrate the profession? If that is what it takes for them to be honest with a patient. What is more important? A person's life or keeping quiet that the PHD a chiropractor does NOT make him a medical doctor. (just so we don't hurt their feelings) They have their usefulness, no doubt. But, people should be informed of what that usefulness is.

BTW: A medical doctor denigrating a chiropractor is not hypocritical. You stated both are in the same profession. They are not! A chiropractor IS NOT a medical doctor. I am not in the medical field, but I am going to put myself out there and state -NOT EVEN CLOSE! They only have a few similarities. I have a friend who has a PHD in the field of education. Does that compare to a medical doctor?

Last edited by Randall55; 09-10-2023 at 04:29 AM.
Old 09-10-2023, 06:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
I see your point. But, I also understand a need to bring attention to the fact that chiropractors ARE NOT medical doctors. I believe some lives can be saved if people understood this. Some people do not have the education or experience to know the person they are visiting for medical reasons IS NOT a medical doctor. I believe they should have to post this fact in their office.

I almost lost a friend who was misinformed about chiropractors. Had she been aware, she would never have gone in the first place. Denigrate the profession? If that is what it takes for them to be honest with a patient. What is more important? A person's life or keeping quiet that the PHD a chiropractor does NOT make him a medical doctor. (just so we don't hurt their feelings) They have their usefulness, no doubt. But, people should be informed of what that usefulness is.

BTW: A medical doctor denigrating a chiropractor is not hypocritical. You stated both are in the same profession. They are not! A chiropractor IS NOT a medical doctor. I am not in the medical field, but I am going to put myself out there and state -NOT EVEN CLOSE! They only have a few similarities. I have a friend who has a PHD in the field of education. Does that compare to a medical doctor?
Finally someone with common sense, thank you.

Now, I have to go cash my check from the pharmaceutical company that owns me, collect my kickbacks from local pharmacies, and practice applying Band-Aids so I can get "rich".

Isn't it amazing how some posters need to confirm they are total idiots in writing?
Old 09-10-2023, 07:00 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Finally someone with common sense, thank you.

Now, I have to go cash my check from the pharmaceutical company that owns me, collect my kickbacks from local pharmacies, and practice applying Band-Aids so I can get "rich".

Isn't it amazing how some posters need to confirm they are total idiots in writing?
I am in the same boat. I am a retired contractor but I have a degree in political science. On one thread, my degree was equated to a college football player, made me smarter than James Madison, and gives me the power to judge all the laws of our land. And, my favorite, I am the real name of the King in the book, The Emperor's New Clothes.

I have a big day ahead, too! I have to participate in a scrimmage, reread the Constitution to make sure James Madison didn't make any mistakes, rule in ALL court proceedings throughout the land, and I have to do all of this naked! When I am finished, I hope you don't mind, I am going to ask my doctor of education friend to prescribe me some pain killers. (Pretty sure I am going to need it.)
Old 09-10-2023, 07:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
I am in the same boat. I am a retired contractor but I have a degree in political science. On one thread, my degree was equated to a college football player, made me smarter than James Madison, and gives me the power to judge all the laws of our land. And, my favorite, I am the real name of the King in the book, The Emperor's New Clothes.

I have a big day ahead, too! I have to participate in a scrimmage, reread the Constitution to make sure James Madison didn't make any mistakes, rule in ALL court proceedings throughout the land, and I have to do all of this naked! When I am finished, I hope you don't mind, I am going to ask my doctor of education friend to prescribe me some pain killers. (Pretty sure I am going to need it.)
But you forgot one thing: God forbid you have a cardiac arrest, but if so, pray there is a chiropractor present to resuscitate you and bring you "back from the dead", unless there is also a PhD in gender studies who knows how to place a pacing Swan-Ganz catheter. (It's like a Band-Aid, only different)

PS: Strangely enough, I returned from Europe last week and imported COVID. Actually, I was pretty sick for a while---T 103.7 and pulse ox dropped to 84%. Fortunately, I was able to find a chiropractor that knew that COVID is caused by spinal subluxation and had just the right "adjustment" to cure it.
Closed Thread

Tags
good, chiropractor, hip, pain, wife’s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.