Need a good chiropractor for hip problem

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2023, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
Am I supposed to be insulted? We can all agree to disagree. Or, one can read an entire thread before posting. Or, one can just race to the ignore button. The choice is everyone's to make.
I am not a psychiatrist, but I think I might be detecting some narcissism.
The post to which someone replies was not in response to a post they made. It was at the end of the thread. But yet someone assumed it MUST be them the person's comment was about. It is quite possible the world does not revolve around a single person...but not positive.
Old 09-11-2023, 08:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybersprings View Post
I am not a psychiatrist, but I think I might be detecting some narcissism.
The post to which someone replies was not in response to a post they made. It was at the end of the thread. But yet someone assumed it MUST be them the person's comment was about. It is quite possible the world does not revolve around a single person...but not positive.
My post included the words I, we, and everyone. If I did have narcissistic tendencies, I would have used I, I, and I. I am not a psychiatrist, either. I guess I will have to consult one. Thank you for your concern. I especially am thankful you recommended a psychiatrist, who is a medical doctor. I may have gone to a psychologist who is not.

Last edited by Randall55; 09-11-2023 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:45 AM

Quote:
I reread your post and you did separate the two professions. My mistake. However, I was not talking about screwups in my post. Of course, in any profession, mistakes happen.
And I was not addressing my point to your post. You even stated that you knew I was talking to someone else, but..

Golfing Eagles posted "First of all, the term "good chiropractor" is an oxymoron."
In previous posts, he had stated it was as a result of a horrible situation that he handled after a chiropractor bungled it.
So the thread of my argument since people are having problems with that is:

GE denigrates the entire chiropractic profession repeatedly across multiple threads and offers the horrible case as support.
I ask if there are any cases in his profession of medical malpractice. (we all know there are many horrible cases). And if there are (just like his chiropractor example) then should we denigrate the entire medical profession? and lest anyone think I believe we should, I stated no, bad apples and tragic cases with good apples.

For those needing a diagram of the logic:
if a horrible case in one profession condemns the entire profession, then that logic should follow for the other profession too. And I asserted to disagree with that is hypocritical.
But, I was trying to make it clear that I thought such a blanket condemnation based on a (or several) case(s) is wrong.

Please point out the fallacy in that (and not the fallacy in the statements I never made).

Quote:

Misrepresenting yourself as a medical doctor when you are not, is not a screw-up. It is a blatant lie[/U][/I][/B]. One that I find atrocious since a person's life is at risk. A person should have a complete understanding of what a chiropractor can and cannot do.
Agree. Please point out the case where a chiropractor misrepresented themselves as a medical doctor. It hasn't been mentioned in any post that I have seen yet. I know of no personal examples. Most chiropractors I have seen have went out of their way to say they were not part of the medical establishment. So, you are just stating that for what reason?

Quote:
It is not hypocritical to educate people of the difference between a medical doctor and a chiropractor. Because it saves lives, I would argue that is part of a medical doctor's job. I would much rather hear the truth and not have my body realigned or whatever, and told everything will be fine.
Again, what is your point? I agree educating people of the difference between a medical doctor and a chiropractor is not hypocritical. Did I or anyone else say it was? It's like you picked a word out of my clearly stated point, and applied it to some other statement to which I never applied it and now want to argue with me about my point (that I never made!!!)
Reread my argument made above. I think a medical doctor OBJECTIVELY explaining the differences between the two professions is great, and then adding and clearly marking as opinion his opinion of the profession is fine. Stating as fact that there are no good chiropractors is a disservice to the community and reflects quite poorly on him (in my opinion).

Quote:
]When just by looking at me one can obviously see medical attention is needed.
That I am assuming is referencing your friend's case. But from your own post...

Quote:
A good friend told me she was not feeling well and was going to see a chiropractor because she had muscle pain under her arm. I wished her well and ended our phone conversation.

A week later, I met up with her and noticed she was having trouble breathing. Literally, gasping for air. I asked her how long she had this, and she told me not to worry. She had another chiropractor appointment the next day. Then, I asked. Were you feeling this way when you first went to the chiropractor? She said yes. Infuriated, I drove her to the emergency room. She was quickly placed into a wheel chair and given oxygen She quickly learned she had pneumonia and was near death.
So, you never saw her. You have NO IDEA what she looked like. You talked to her on the phone. When you asked her if she was feeling this way when she first went to the chiropractor, she said yes. But you immediately took her to the emergency room and she was near death. If she was in the exact same condition one week later, how near death was she? Or, significantly more likely, she was near death when you took her to the ER, but a week earlier when she went to the chiropractor she was nowhere near as bad and her condition deteriorated over the week (since that kind of how illnes works.) And the chiropractor never saw her in the same condition that you did because you took her to the ER instead. Do you know the chiropractor would not have seen the same thing you saw and sent her to the ER?

Now to get to the part about your posts that I think are hypocritical.

From your post
Quote:
I disagree. I am kinda new to this forum. It seems like some people on these threads can't see the obvious when it is right in front of them. Instead, they want to continue with banter and can't imagine they are highly outgunned. Instead, they WONDER why someone would keep trying to correct them.
When someone points out that they have a Masters Degree in Political Science and that others debating with them are "outgunned" and should back down and take their points as correct, despite all the incorrect statements made and false logic, but then states clearly that they have no medical background and have never even been to a chiropractor but continually weighs in on the topic of chiropractic, despite being outgunned, that would be hypocritical. Just so I am clear, I think you have every right to weigh in on this topic, just like everyone else does. JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES ON TOPICS YOU THINK YOU ARE THE EXPERT IN.
Old 09-11-2023, 03:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member

How about a "real Physician" ie Orthopedic Surgeon?

Find out what is really the problem and let the Doc refer follow up treatment.
Old 09-11-2023, 08:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
How about a "real Physician" ie Orthopedic Surgeon?

Find out what is really the problem and let the Doc refer follow up treatment.
Good advice.Get a medical diagnosis.
Old 09-12-2023, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Good advice.Get a medical diagnosis.
Kind of unfair to direct this to you, you are just the most recent post, but...

I went all the way back to the original post. Do any of us know if this was the first occurence of the hip pain for the OP's wife? He never stated. She might have had Xrays, MRIs, and seen multiple doctors with no real diagnosis or relief. And (possibly)at their other home, a chiropractor has provided relief.

So, how about,

If this is a new hip pain situation or you haven't sought out the help of a medical doctor, you should probably do that first. If you have already done that and are still looking for the recommendation of a good chiropractor...
(a) I have had great results with......
(b) I can't help you with a recommendation
Closed Thread

Tags
good, chiropractor, hip, pain, wife’s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.