Need a jaw doctor

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2023, 07:23 PM
Default Need a jaw doctor

I am pretty certain I have a "slipped disc" of cartilage in my jaw. My jaw pops loudly and constantly, and I am starting to hear bone grinding against bone in my jaw. I am a recently arrived snowbird, so I don't know a thing about doctors here. Can you recommend a doctor who treats (or does surgery on) such things?
Old 01-27-2023, 09:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

Many dentists check for TMJ(?), and while they would not do the surgery, they would have references, we use Baylee Dental. As for oral surgery, we have used Central Florida Oral & Facial Surgery and Dental Implants, if I remember the surgeons name, i will post it, but the experience there was great.
Old 01-27-2023, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoungs View Post
I am pretty certain I have a "slipped disc" of cartilage in my jaw. My jaw pops loudly and constantly, and I am starting to hear bone grinding against bone in my jaw. I am a recently arrived snowbird, so I don't know a thing about doctors here. Can you recommend a doctor who treats (or does surgery on)
such things?
I never even heard of this condition two months ago and I still don’t know anything about it other than it is painful. A good friend of mines wife has TMJ and has seen two or three doctors down here. Apparently it is a very specialized field. One of the doctors was from Atlanta, but comes to the Brownwood hospital once a month. I do know from the doctors she has seen that surgery is the last option. But if your jaw locks up emergency surgery will be necessary. I will ask her for the doctors names tomorrow and pm you. Meanwhile you can Google TMJ or temporomandibular joint dysfunction and learn about symptoms and treatments.

Village of Duval
Closed Thread

Tags
jaw, doctor, bone, thing, doctors

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.