Need names of dentists

Old 02-29-2024, 09:00 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
IMO Dentist only want to do what they want. Which is don’t want pull teeth no matter how bad. They want to root canel recap run up bill for their next Vegas trip then blame it on you need deep cleaning another racket to run up bill. Dental insurance about as good as appliance insurance pages of tiny print that gets them out of paying virtually nothing except cleaning and when have to have some costly work done good luck getting them to come close to paying half. Good luck in your search, hope have better luck than me O by way I’ve been here 11 years find that most businesses in Florida rip off.
Totally agree with ALL your "vetting" plus, the "deep cleaning" is something that should be considered very very carefully, for most people the risk is not worth it. Those are not my words, they are the words of the daughter of my best friend who just got her D.D.S at a VERY well known and respected university ! BTW, she also had actual classes and textbooks (she showed them to us while visiting during this past Christmas) on how to "sell" additional procedures, this at what is considered one of our better dental schools ! Hummm....
Old 03-01-2024, 05:28 AM
Default Dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
This story is familiar---especially for new folks, but we're not new here.i like lake quality dental We've had a handful of dentists in the almost 15 yrs we've lived here. They leave or insurance changes (which most recently happened with us). Thought I'd found someone but I'm getting frustrated with them. It's Wildwood Dentists on Hwy 44....yes I've recently heard things that are negative re: them but they'd seemed fine with us. I had to have crowns and today they were to be inserted. I called yesterday to double-check on the app't because the last time something happened re: the lab. they use. Well I get there at appointed time, was told to take a seat and waited maybe 15 or 20 minutes when they called me up. I was told the lab was confused or some convoluted thing and things wouldn't be ready for another week. It's already been THREE!! We have FL Blue so looks like I'll be making phone calls around to find someone who’s more reliable. I don't want to drive all over the area (we live between 466 and 466A). Can anyone recommend reliable dentists in this area. When ever, in the past, we thought we'd find found someone and was with them awhile then their circumstances changed. I know this one is a large corporation (didn't know that in the beginning) so suspect it's about profits etc. I'd thought they'd use a local lab but apparently not. I'm mostly venting but word of mouth here seems to work pretty well, generally. TY!!
I like lake quality dental
Old 03-01-2024, 05:37 AM

We switched to "Prime Dentistry" located in the Santa Fe strip mall on 466. Dr. Agrawal also does wonderful implants using 3-D imaging. They do a great job cleaning teeth.
Old 03-01-2024, 05:58 AM

Marion Dental on 441 by Buenos Aires is an excellent practice and accepts insurance.
Old 03-01-2024, 06:20 AM

We're going to the new Hawkes Bay Dental in new area by Sprouts on Buena Vista and 466. They are in our network. United Health.
Old 03-01-2024, 06:21 AM

Quote:
This story is familiar---especially for new folks, but we're not new here. We've had a handful of dentists in the almost 15 yrs we've lived here. They leave or insurance changes (which most recently happened with us). Thought I'd found someone but I'm getting frustrated with them. It's Wildwood Dentists on Hwy 44....yes I've recently heard things that are negative re: them but they'd seemed fine with us. I had to have crowns and today they were to be inserted. I called yesterday to double-check on the app't because the last time something happened re: the lab. they use. Well I get there at appointed time, was told to take a seat and waited maybe 15 or 20 minutes when they called me up. I was told the lab was confused or some convoluted thing and things wouldn't be ready for another week. It's already been THREE!! We have FL Blue so looks like I'll be making phone calls around to find someone whose more reliable. I don't want to drive all over the area (we live between 466 and 466A). Can anyone recommend reliable dentists in this area. When ever, in the past, we thought we'd find found someone and was with them awhile then their circumstances changed. I know this one is a large corporation (didn't know that in the beginning) so suspect it's about profits etc. I'd thought they'd use a local lab but apparently not. I'm mostly venting but word of mouth here seems to work pretty well, generally. TY!!
I've had to use VIP Dentistry 3 times, including once to remove sutures from a procedure up north. I wasn't charged for this, and the other visits were great. I don't have dental insurance so I can't tell you what they take.

Dentist, The Villages, FL | VIP Dentistry
Old 03-01-2024, 06:23 AM
Default Changes in dental education over the past few decades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Totally agree with ALL your "vetting" plus, the "deep cleaning" is something that should be considered very very carefully, for most people the risk is not worth it. Those are not my words, they are the words of the daughter of my best friend who just got her D.D.S at a VERY well known and respected university ! BTW, she also had actual classes and textbooks (she showed them to us while visiting during this past Christmas) on how to "sell" additional procedures, this at what is considered one of our better dental schools ! Hummm....
Sadly, that all sounds too true. Be very careful about "perio" claims, especially if you are not a smoker. Actually, even then, if you should continue to smoke, dentistry isn't going to help much with your connective tissue's ability to remain attached to the roots of your teeth.

Also, consider asking your "providers" if they are familiar with this article: Just a moment... Have yet to find one who is, personally. Be careful out there.
Old 03-01-2024, 06:40 AM
Default Florida Combined Life (Florida Blue dental insurance)

We (2) pay $98/month, or $1,176 per year. The annual payout cap is $1,176. After that you pay 100%. I wish we came under that just once so I could tell you if they refund the surplus.

Makes you wonder why bother with dental insurance...

We use Palm Ridge Dental and they are excellent.
Old 03-01-2024, 07:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
This story is familiar---especially for new folks, but we're not new here. We've had a handful of dentists in the almost 15 yrs we've lived here. They leave or insurance changes (which most recently happened with us). Thought I'd found someone but I'm getting frustrated with them. It's Wildwood Dentists on Hwy 44....yes I've recently heard things that are negative re: them but they'd seemed fine with us. I had to have crowns and today they were to be inserted. I called yesterday to double-check on the app't because the last time something happened re: the lab. they use. Well I get there at appointed time, was told to take a seat and waited maybe 15 or 20 minutes when they called me up. I was told the lab was confused or some convoluted thing and things wouldn't be ready for another week. It's already been THREE!! We have FL Blue so looks like I'll be making phone calls around to find someone whose more reliable. I don't want to drive all over the area (we live between 466 and 466A). Can anyone recommend reliable dentists in this area. When ever, in the past, we thought we'd find found someone and was with them awhile then their circumstances changed. I know this one is a large corporation (didn't know that in the beginning) so suspect it's about profits etc. I'd thought they'd use a local lab but apparently not. I'm mostly venting but word of mouth here seems to work pretty well, generally. TY!!
To dream the impossible dream…..
Old 03-01-2024, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
Hardly a week goes by where one of friends/neighbors/team members doesn’t share their frustrations with the challenge of finding a good dentist here in The Villages. So many of us still patronize our old dentists from the states we moved. Poor service and aggressive up-selling seems to be more prevalent here for some reason. I’m not saying there aren’t competent and ethical dentists here, it’s just that you have to be tenacious in your quest to seek them out.
You’re lucky. We lived in NY, RI and CT for forty years and had many dentist over the years who were good but definitely told us we needed treatments we suspected we didn’t need! Last one in CT I caught because I had to go to the UK during the treatment time, and my dentist there said I in no way needed a RC. He fixed the issue with a simple filling.
In NY I was in a bunko group with 3 women dentist who had moved here from abroad. They used to openly talk about how to grow their practices and make money. It used to make me so frustrated to listen to them share tips although I liked them on a personal bases. Anyway, this is simply my personal opinion. Dentistry here in the US is a business that incurs many expenses.
Old 03-01-2024, 07:31 AM

I use Dental Care on Fennell (on 441) and have been very happy with them.
Old 03-01-2024, 07:37 AM

Quote:
I recommend getting a list of covered dentists from bc/bs and go from there to get information on their practices.
Old 03-01-2024, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It depends on whether your plan is a PPO or a POS or an HMO. Lifetime Dentistry on 441 near Aldi's only accepts PPO plans. Florida Blue, Delta, Cigna, etc.
We use David Price and find him to be very knowledgeable and good at what he does.
Old 03-01-2024, 08:05 AM

My husband and I also have Florida Blue (HMO) and had the same struggle of finding a good dentist under the plan. We have recently changed to Summerfield Dentists. They are located on Hwy 441, kind of across from Walmart. We have both had cleanings and x-days and were pleased with the hygienists. I also have had a crown and it was completed in about 3 weeks. The dentist I saw was Dr Jandali. He seemed to be very conscientious and attentive to making sure things went smoothly for me. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and seemed to enjoy their work. It seems to be a well-run, efficient practice. Maybe you can give them a try.
Old 03-01-2024, 08:39 AM
Default Lifetime Dentistry of Lady Lake - 352-350-6104

Quote:
We have been very happy with Lifetime Dentistry of Lady Lake, who can be reached at 352-350-6104. They are located at 13851 N US Hwy 441, Lady Lake, FL 32159.

Tags
dentists, thought, lab, area, told

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.