Need names of dentists

Old 03-01-2024, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duppman View Post
I've had to use VIP Dentistry 3 times, including once to remove sutures from a procedure up north. I wasn't charged for this, and the other visits were great. I don't have dental insurance so I can't tell you what they take.

Dentist, The Villages, FL | VIP Dentistry
VIP Dentistry (Angela Emrick, DDS) was great when I needed to get in as a new patient for a chipped tooth right after the holidays in January. For a cleaning appt they’re 6 months out. We scheduled in January and our appts are in June. She does not accept any insurance though, so won’t work for OP. I really liked her and her staff, which is saying a lot because I’m dental phobic, lol. Her spacious office is in a center directly across the side street from Tequila Cantina on 466.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:29 AM

Prime Dentistry between 446 and 466A ask for Kristal. (Office Manager)
Old 03-01-2024, 10:35 AM
Default Great Dentist in Ocala

I have your insurance and couldn't find a decent dentist in The Villages, so I went to Jackson and Joyce in Ocala. I know that you don't want to go far away, but the half hour drive is worth it to me. They are excellent and highly recommended by friends.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I’ve got the POS plan….
I remember my army dentist was a POS as well.
Old 03-30-2024, 06:31 AM
Sage

Someone suggested getting the insurance list of providers. Did that!! I actually found two different lists but neither were helpful. Some practices I called weren't helpful and others---I found you had to pay your "required" 2X/yearly cleaning etc. out of pocket. Our ins. pays that and I don't want to mess with us doing it and getting reimbursed. Then there's the people on these threads who can't resist typing an answer or response that isn't even helpful. Still looking for someone for care. ALL I need is dental checks 2X/yearly and cleanings. Thank you for your responses.
Old 03-31-2024, 03:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Someone suggested getting the insurance list of providers. Did that!! I actually found two different lists but neither were helpful. Some practices I called weren't helpful and others---I found you had to pay your "required" 2X/yearly cleaning etc. out of pocket. Our ins. pays that and I don't want to mess with us doing it and getting reimbursed. Then there's the people on these threads who can't resist typing an answer or response that isn't even helpful. Still looking for someone for care. ALL I need is dental checks 2X/yearly and cleanings. Thank you for your responses.
I use Gary Cardoso in Leesburg. Phone: (352) 728-2639 I’ve only done cleanings there. They take my insurance. I just went to Costa Rica to get 3 implants ( he doesn’t do implants) and prefer that dentist over anyone I’ve had here.
Old 04-01-2024, 11:27 AM

I use Herb Bennett in Leesburg and find the office to be excellent. Graduate of Tufts dental school. HBDental.com
Old 04-05-2024, 10:27 AM
Default Dental Frustration

I had an appointment yesterday at my "new" dental practice. They did complete x-ray & gum work up and advised I needed deep cleaning.

I said no thank you, please just do normal maintenance cleaning (which I have had for the last 40 yrs with my former dentist). They would not. Something along the lines of "we can't do a healthy mouth cleaning when you have areas of bacteria".

I declined and politely left. Now I will look for another "new, new" dental practice, have work up from "new" practice released, and start over.

I was very irritated that my right to choice was taken away.
Old 04-05-2024, 11:53 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,320 Times in 596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPCGenius View Post
I had an appointment yesterday at my "new" dental practice. They did complete x-ray & gum work up and advised I needed deep cleaning.

I said no thank you, please just do normal maintenance cleaning (which I have had for the last 40 yrs with my former dentist). They would not. Something along the lines of "we can't do a healthy mouth cleaning when you have areas of bacteria".

I declined and politely left. Now I will look for another "new, new" dental practice, have work up from "new" practice released, and start over.

I was very irritated that my right to choice was taken away.
What was the dentist so we can avoid?
Old 04-05-2024, 12:02 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,320 Times in 596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It saves money if you need dental work. Because I have periodontal disease, I can't get "regular" cleanings, which cost around $150 twice a year, not including fluoride treatments or xrays. I have to get "periodontal maintenance" which runs around $200, 4 times a year, not including fluoride treatments or yearly xrays. With my dental plan, I pay $64 each time. The dental plan itself costs me $17/month. Basically I pay around 50% less than "retail price" for all dental work, after I factor in my premium as part of my yearly expense.
What is the dental plan?
Old 04-06-2024, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
What was the dentist so we can avoid?
Touch of Art Dental Studio - next to Sunny Pint on Rt 44

Tags
dentists, thought, lab, area, told

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.