Need new Doctor

Old 07-28-2023, 11:28 AM
Default Need new Doctor

My Village health primary care doctor is moving.
All Village Health doctors say they are NOT taking new patients.
Please give any recommendations you can.
Thanks

Old 07-28-2023, 11:41 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,973 Times in 755 Posts

Time to get out of Villages Health. Your Dr probably has a non compete contract and can’t tell you were he may be going. Too many people not enough Dr in Villages Health. Orlando Health and Adventist Healthcare moving into area to fill the gap.

Old 07-28-2023, 11:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

IMHO, you have a big problem, many of the outside (of villages health) will not accept the ADVANTAGE plans the VHS requires you the have for their coverage. I would contact Medicare, explain the situation and see if they will let you go back to original Medicare without underwriting. If so, then you can go to practically any doctor outside of Villages Health. If you cannot do this, I would escalate your problem to VHS management, with the threat of legal action if necessary. I am sorry for your situation, as you are now experiencing some of the problems we had years ago when we left VHS.

Old 07-28-2023, 01:37 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,639 Times in 443 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
IMHO, you have a big problem, many of the outside (of villages health) will not accept the ADVANTAGE plans the VHS requires you the have for their coverage. I would contact Medicare, explain the situation and see if they will let you go back to original Medicare without underwriting. If so, then you can go to practically any doctor outside of Villages Health. If you cannot do this, I would escalate your problem to VHS management, with the threat of legal action if necessary. I am sorry for your situation, as you are now experiencing some of the problems we had years ago when we left VHS.
This is the scenario about “Medicare advantage” that concerns me. I’m still several years away from Medicare age (65), but will probably go with traditional Medicare once I turn 65.. If heard people say “Medicare advantage is good, until it isn’t”. I want the flexibility of traditional medicare I think.

Old 07-28-2023, 02:27 PM

At this time I am not on medicare. I have Federal BC/BS
I do think I will have to go outside the bubble. I will miss the Village health.
Please keep sending me names of doctors.
Thanks to all for your help

Old 07-29-2023, 05:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
This is the scenario about “Medicare advantage” that concerns me. I’m still several years away from Medicare age (65), but will probably go with traditional Medicare once I turn 65.. If heard people say “Medicare advantage is good, until it isn’t”. I want the flexibility of traditional medicare I think.
I heard from a friend who is very close to a hair dresser my sister in law frequents ---- !!! Priceless. Was not the request for a doctor's name ? Nothing noted about the type of insurance simply their Villages doc was moving.

Last edited by rustyp; 07-29-2023 at 09:24 PM.

Old 07-29-2023, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyjets View Post
Thanks
Dr. Ana Karovaska Vuchidolov was my doctor when she was with Premiere Medical. She's in a practice in Leesburg now. I didn't follow her when she left because it took me awhile before I found her again and had established myself with another group/doctor. She was the only reason I stayed with Premiere Medical as long as I did.

Old 07-30-2023, 04:28 AM

I go to Lakeview Healthcare System. They have around 6 different locations. I have had the same doctor for 13 years. I think they have good doctors. Also I have AARP United Healthcare for my Supplemental Insurance Plan F. I don't think I would have liked the Village type insurance.

Old 07-30-2023, 05:46 AM
Default New Doc

Interesting... my husband was grandfathered into VH with std Medicare and has had 2 docs leave the practice. He was always assigned a new doctor at the same location.

Old 07-30-2023, 06:23 AM

Even though the doctors say this, speak with an advisor. I asked to join a few months ago and was accepted because my husband was already a patient. I just got a different dr.

Old 07-30-2023, 06:40 AM

We love Dr. Steven Rivers. Very conscientious! (352) 205-4302
Buenos Aires and El Camino.

Old 07-30-2023, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Thanks
I would strongly recommend checking with the office of Dr. James Brown, Hwy 441, Bellview, FL. He is a DO primary care physician affiliated with Ocala Regional Hospital. His office can be reached at (352) 245-1111.

Old 07-30-2023, 06:52 AM

All of us who are reading this thread, should write to the so called Florida State Representative and insist that the non compete be illegal for anyone in the medical profession.

Old 07-30-2023, 07:42 AM

Another sad story about the Medicare Dis-Advantage Plans. It gets real when you have a hard time finding a good doctor you like, mainly because you are restricted to the small pool of doctors you can choose from. All I hear in a positive light from friends that are in The Villages Health plan is the "we get lots of free stuff and even a grocery allowance every month". Government handouts come with a price, even when it is so called free.

Old 07-30-2023, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Thanks
This has happened to me twice in the past four years. Both times I was offered other doctors in the same facility. Surprised this was not explained to you when you got the letter notifying you of your doctor’s departure.

Tags
doctor, village, health, recommendations, give

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.