Need new Doctor

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2023, 07:57 AM
Sage

I would suspect there's more to this story and the OP didn't advocate for themselves. Each clinic has a manager and maybe an advocate. OP should push further for answers instead of panicking. Raise a fuss there instead of on social media.
Old 07-30-2023, 08:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member

We have had a great experience with Dr. Agbo, Sinai Medical in Sumter Landing. He is extremely thorough, takes his time with each patient, is very caring, and his staff is exceptional. I used to go to Lakeview Health at Laurel Manor, and had a bad experience there. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as I now have Dr. Agbo.
Old 07-30-2023, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyjets View Post
My Village health primary care doctor is moving.
All Village Health doctors say they are NOT taking new patients.
Please give any recommendations you can.
Thanks
My name is Dr. Sam Alfano. I practiced Internal Medicine and Geriatrics for 35 years. My wife and I moved into Hammock at Fenney about 9 months ago. She was ready to retire, I was not. I took a job with VIPCARE. They do only Primary Care and almost exclusively Medicare Advantage. We recently opened a new Primary Care office here in the villages on Warm Springs Ave, near the entrance to Fenney. We are accepting new patients. Call and talk to me or my office manager Shannon. 352-775-1870. Or just stop by. We are golf cart accessible! We can fill you in on our practice and explain Medicare advantage. BTW, my wife and I have Medicare Advantage so I see it from the Doctors view and the Patients view.
Old 07-30-2023, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
This is the scenario about “Medicare advantage” that concerns me. I’m still several years away from Medicare age (65), but will probably go with traditional Medicare once I turn 65.. If heard people say “Medicare advantage is good, until it isn’t”. I want the flexibility of traditional medicare I think.
YUP very true stay with original 4 agents told me this also
Old 07-30-2023, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzepecki View Post
We love Dr. Steven Rivers. Very conscientious! (352) 205-4302
Buenos Aires and El Camino.
Ditto from my wife and I for Dr. Rivers-- 17 years for us and would NEVER switch!!
Old 07-30-2023, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Thanks
With The Villages demographics there should be openings coming
Old 07-31-2023, 05:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Thanks
I play golf with 2 doctors from The Villages Health every week, one of whom I practiced with for 30 years. I asked them yesterday if ALL the doctors were declining new patients and they said not even close. There are openings particularly at Brownwood, Lake Deaton and possibly Pinellas centers. Also, as an existing patient, they would ALWAYS find a new physician for you. Sounds like there has been some miscommunication, I would advise talking to the practice manager at the center where you are currently a patient and straighten this out.
Old 07-31-2023, 06:44 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I play golf with 2 doctors from The Villages Health every week, one of whom I practiced with for 30 years. I asked them yesterday if ALL the doctors were declining new patients and they said not even close. There are openings particularly at Brownwood, Lake Deaton and possibly Pinellas centers. Also, as an existing patient, they would ALWAYS find a new physician for you. Sounds like there has been some miscommunication, I would advise talking to the practice manager at the center where you are currently a patient and straighten this out.
In a later post the OP mentioned they had BC/BS. There are only a small handful of doctors in TV Healthcare who accept that and those are probably unable to accept new patients.
Old 07-31-2023, 07:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
In a later post the OP mentioned they had BC/BS. There are only a small handful of doctors in TV Healthcare who accept that and those are probably unable to accept new patients.
Actually, it depends on whether he/she has Medicare or is under 65. I'm 64 and have BC/BS, and if my doctor leaves they will find a place for me. I still think the OP needs to pursue this further. While they limit patient profiles to 1,000 per doc, they still have to accommodate patients when a physician leaves. If they just say "good-bye" without a plan for a new doctor to assume care and transfer records, that is felony patient abandonment and doesn't fly well in the courts. When a physician left our group, we were extremely meticulous about assigning a new doc or transferring records to a physician of their choice, since the consequences, at least in New York, were Draconian.
Old 07-31-2023, 07:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Actually, it depends on whether he/she has Medicare or is under 65. I'm 64 and have BC/BS, and if my doctor leaves they will find a place for me. I still think the OP needs to pursue this further. While they limit patient profiles to 1,000 per doc, they still have to accommodate patients when a physician leaves. If they just say "good-bye" without a plan for a new doctor to assume care and transfer records, that is felony patient abandonment and doesn't fly well in the courts. When a physician left our group, we were extremely meticulous about assigning a new doc or transferring records to a physician of their choice, since the consequences, at least in New York, were Draconian.
Good to know.
Old 07-31-2023, 07:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
Good to know.
But here's where it gets more complicated:

If upon hearing their doctor was leaving or at any subsequent time thereafter, such as being under the belief that "all doctors were not accepting new patients", the OP said they were going elsewhere, then the OP had severed the patient-physician relationship and nothing about patient abandonment applies.
Old 07-31-2023, 07:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
But here's where it gets more complicated:

If upon hearing their doctor was leaving or at any subsequent time thereafter, such as being under the belief that "all doctors were not accepting new patients", the OP said they were going elsewhere, then the OP had severed the patient-physician relationship and nothing about patient abandonment applies.
Also good to know.
Closed Thread

Tags
doctor, village, health, recommendations, give

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.