Neurosurgeon

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2020, 07:54 AM
Default Neurosurgeon

Had unbearable back pain that travelled down my left leg and couldn’t walk. When my pain Dr. saw my MRI he said epidurals probably wouldn’t help, so he recommended a neurosurgeon. Saw Dr. Christopher Baker in Orlando and though I was against anyone messing around with my spinal cord, he put my wife and I at ease by patiently going over my MRI layer by layer. We were shocked when he told us it would be outpatient micro-surgery. Well had it done yesterday at Noon and by 3:45pm we on the way home with minimal pain. Armed with all kinds of pain and muscle relaxers, so far I haven’t had to take any. So definitely recommend Advent Health and Dr. Baker if you’re needing a competent, caring neurosurgeon.
Old 11-05-2020, 12:09 PM
Platinum member

Good to hear your encouraging report. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.
Old 11-05-2020, 05:53 PM
KittyKat

Glad to hear all went well. What exact surgery was done? I guess that you won't need any P.T. since it was microsurgery.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:28 PM

L3/4 disc was trimmed since it was protruding down and back into spinal cord. Also cauterized some surrounding blood vessels.
Closed Thread

Tags
pain, neurosurgeon, mri, layer, baker

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.