New covid varriant!

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2023, 06:27 AM

I like pie.
Old 12-21-2023, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travilinggal View Post
You are embarrassing yourself.
Not seeing anything embarrassing about that post.
Old 12-21-2023, 06:50 AM

Yes, people died of covid, but let's look at data. As a percentage of pop, Covid deaths were .03% of US population. Under age 40, as a percent of pop under 40, covid deaths were 0%. Yet, we locked kids out of schools for months/years? Healthy pro0le, who obviously had immunity, lost their jobs? Yes, every life is precious, but it's important to look at facts vs hysteria.

COVID-19 deaths by age U.S. 2023 | Statista
Old 12-21-2023, 06:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
I'm completely lost on the folks insisting to get tested. I would hope if you are sick you will stay away from people regardless if it's Covid, flu, hepatitis, rhinovirus, whatever. Why keep giving money to the pharma companies for tests. If your sick you are sick.

If you are so sick you need a hospital they will test you.
Here's the general rule of medical testing: If you're not going to do anything different based on the results of a test, don't order it in the first place. So, yes, if you are going to self quarantine followed by a period of wearing a mask in public based on the recommendations du jour, don't test.
Old 12-21-2023, 07:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

The only effect COVID has had upon the lives of my wife and myself was from the panicked overreaction of others. We both had it early on: for my part it wasn't fun but I've had much worse cases of the flu. For my wife it was even less: maybe a day or three of feeling puny but that was all. For both of us the major headache was the interruption in our golf.

We didn't buy into the chicken-little reactions of others, living precisely as we always had aside from the times that mask-wearing was mandatory, and those times when seating was hard to find at those half-filled restaurants.

Not buying into it this time either.
Old 12-21-2023, 07:11 AM
Default We both have Covid

My husband and I both have Covid right now. He's just about over it, I'm still struggling, I'm about 4 days behind him.

I read through all the comments and I hate how much covid has divided us. It's not the flu and it's not the common cold. Covid left me with diabetes 18 months ago. I am now dealing with it again and it most likely will attack my pancreas again, nothing anyone can do about it, it's just this new illness we have to deal with. I'm not saying this for sympathy but to point out that this isn't the flu or a cold.

We lost a dear friend to covid in 2022. I've never lost a friend to the flu or a cold. So please take it seriously enough that you respect other's health that you do quarantine from them if you're sick. If you had/have Covid and it was/is mild, be thankful.
Old 12-21-2023, 07:18 AM

Yea, then I guess I should get another shot so I can get another blood clot
Old 12-21-2023, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindyd View Post
Yes, people died of covid, but let's look at data. As a percentage of pop, Covid deaths were .03% of US population. Under age 40, as a percent of pop under 40, covid deaths were 0%. Yet, we locked kids out of schools for months/years? Healthy pro0le, who obviously had immunity, lost their jobs? Yes, every life is precious, but it's important to look at facts vs hysteria.

And what about the young ones that didn't fare well with the vaccine.
Old 12-21-2023, 07:29 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,141 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
Huh? We know 2 people who died. They were on vents for a month then suffocated. I worked in a hospital and watched many die. I've cared for patients with every outbreak of the Flu and a few would die- but Covid killed millions. Do you even understand that you have NO real world experience to base your opinion on? It is an opinion only spun up in the web of your head by allowing in only information that suited your agenda. There is a real world out there, with people who are on the front lines. They are the ones who have the facts- not conspiracy theorist waving signs. What would it hurt to ask for facts from people who work hands on with this disease? Why is it so important to you to believe and tell a lie?
Well said. If I could find the clapping smilies, you would have had at least 3 of them.
Old 12-21-2023, 07:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
This new Covid19 varriant is now upon us. If your suddenly come down with that cough, congestion and chills you probably have it. Get tested asap so you can help others avoid it. Walgreens has the inside test for $19.00. You get results in less then one hour.
My wife and I got Covid on the plane trip back from Europe. Hit us hard once we got back home. We are fortunate we didn't get it when we were on our trip over there. Much easier to deal with it back in our own home! Take care.
Only response I can come up with is who cares?
Old 12-21-2023, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny2403 View Post
Yea, then I guess I should get another shot so I can get another blood clot
Absolutely, I believe they are BOGO
Old 12-21-2023, 07:53 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Here's the general rule of medical testing: If you're not going to do anything different based on the results of a test, don't order it in the first place. So, yes, if you are going to self quarantine followed by a period of wearing a mask in public based on the recommendations du jour, don't test.
Thanks Doc! I will remember your advice. If nothing will change based on the test results, then don't bother testing.
Old 12-21-2023, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindyd View Post

Does that site happen to give the percentage of Villagers under 40 years old? How about the statistics on deaths for those over 60? Yes, it's important to look at facts.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 12-21-2023, 07:56 AM

I have life long friends who have been heading a medical research in CA after a career heading a chicago hospital. They warned all their personal friends to walk out of a hospital at all cost if they tried to put you on a ventilator. They knew way ahead this was a deadly ending. My heart goes out to all that lost loved ones on ventilators. The medical leaders who knew were threatened with losing their funding and ruined careers if went public. I have never had a flu shot and will never get a vaccine. It’s been 20+ years since I’ve had the flu. Maybe I’m lucky and focus on my immune system? I had Covid once and quickly got on ivermectin before they made it impossible to get. All I can say is, for me, it worked like a charm and my symptoms were gone in 5 days. I feel strongly the world did more damage by shutting things down. Both economically, mentally, and all the people that died who were not allowed medical care for other things that were needed.
Old 12-21-2023, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
I'm completely lost on the folks insisting to get tested. I would hope if you are sick you will stay away from people regardless if it's Covid, flu, hepatitis, rhinovirus, whatever. Why keep giving money to the pharma companies for tests. If your sick you are sick.

If you are so sick you need a hospital they will test you.
The purpose of the test is to not only discover whether you have Covid, but to also find out if you are still contagious. You can still be contagious after you are symptom free. This protects others from getting Covid. I know a number of people who have died from Covid as well as many who suffer debilitating long term effects that have seriously impacted their quality of life. Having survived both cancer and an autoimmune condition, I appreciate every day of good health!
Closed Thread

Tags
back, covid, trip, home, varriant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.