New covid varriant!

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2023, 08:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiwiz View Post
Only response I can come up with is who cares?
It always puzzles me why some people feel the need to make such a comment. The people who do care will comment, the ones who don't care will scroll on by like they usually do. I guess condescension comes naturally to some people and feeds their tiny ego.
Old 12-21-2023, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
Huh? We know 2 people who died. They were on vents for a month then suffocated. I worked in a hospital and watched many die. I've cared for patients with every outbreak of the Flu and a few would die- but Covid killed millions. Do you even understand that you have NO real world experience to base your opinion on? It is an opinion only spun up in the web of your head by allowing in only information that suited your agenda. There is a real world out there, with people who are on the front lines. They are the ones who have the facts- not conspiracy theorist waving signs. What would it hurt to ask for facts from people who work hands on with this disease? Why is it so important to you to believe and tell a lie?
It’s not a lie that masks do NOTHING.
Old 12-21-2023, 08:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugface View Post
The purpose of the test is to not only discover whether you have Covid, but to also find out if you are still contagious. You can still be contagious after you are symptom free. This protects others from getting Covid. I know a number of people who have died from Covid as well as many who suffer debilitating long term effects that have seriously impacted their quality of life. Having survived both cancer and an autoimmune condition, I appreciate every day of good health!
Same here. We have a relative who had covid 3 years ago and still has long term effects that have seriously impaired their quality of life. Like someone else said, it's NOT the flu, it's NOT a cold. The sooner you find out you have it, you can get treatment, and you can avoid giving it to someone else. I think it's called basic human consideration, which this country seems to find in short supply these days.
Old 12-21-2023, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travilinggal View Post
You are embarrassing yourself.
No, he’s pretty much summed it up…
Old 12-21-2023, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoWhiskers View Post
Not seeing anything embarrassing about that post.
Me either. Some have a hard time the truth though…
Old 12-21-2023, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan1717 View Post
I have life long friends who have been heading a medical research in CA after a career heading a chicago hospital. They warned all their personal friends to walk out of a hospital at all cost if they tried to put you on a ventilator. They knew way ahead this was a deadly ending. My heart goes out to all that lost loved ones on ventilators. The medical leaders who knew were threatened with losing their funding and ruined careers if went public. I have never had a flu shot and will never get a vaccine. It’s been 20+ years since I’ve had the flu. Maybe I’m lucky and focus on my immune system? I had Covid once and quickly got on ivermectin before they made it impossible to get. All I can say is, for me, it worked like a charm and my symptoms were gone in 5 days. I feel strongly the world did more damage by shutting things down. Both economically, mentally, and all the people that died who were not allowed medical care for other things that were needed.
I was going to pass, but there is so much misinformation in that post that I feel compelled to set the record straight.

First of all, your "lifelong friends who have been heading medical research in CA after a career heading a Chicago hospital." cannot possibly believe what was posted about mechanical ventilation. Why invent it in the first place? And nobody's life was ever saved by ventilatory support? Everyone put on a respirator dies??? What a load of nonsense. Now, in all fairness, once a person is sick enough to require a ventilator, their prognosis has taken a nosedive anyway. End stage type 2 COPD (so called blue bloaters) often survive multiple intubations, type 1 (pink puffers) almost always succumb. Bottom line, survivability of a period of mechanical ventilation is highly dependent on the reason for intubation and the underlying condition of the patient. IT IS FAR FROM 100% FATAL.

Second, COVID symptoms that "were gone in 5 days" probably had nothing to do with the snake oil (I mean ivermectin) that was taken, they most likely would have resolved on their own like most cases of COVID.

Thirdly, go ahead and don't take any vaccines. But realize you are getting the same preventative medical care for infectious disease as the residents of Europe circa 1342.

Lastly, I have to agree that shutting down the world economies was detrimental and far from the solution. Let's hope our officials never lead us down that road again.
Old 12-21-2023, 08:16 AM

i got it yesterday totally fine
Old 12-21-2023, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

In case of interest - here's the currently circulating respiratory pathogens detected by a widely used infectious disease diagnostic system.

BIOFIRE(R) Syndromic Trends
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7276.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	101806  

Last edited by Altavia; 12-21-2023 at 08:22 AM.
Old 12-21-2023, 08:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugface View Post
The purpose of the test is to not only discover whether you have Covid, but to also find out if you are still contagious. You can still be contagious after you are symptom free. This protects others from getting Covid. I know a number of people who have died from Covid as well as many who suffer debilitating long term effects that have seriously impacted their quality of life. Having survived both cancer and an autoimmune condition, I appreciate every day of good health!
But current guidance says to stay home for 5 days from symptom onset. It doesn’t say keep testing.
Old 12-21-2023, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
But current guidance says to stay home for 5 days from symptom onset. It doesn’t say keep testing.
Unfortunately the purpose of that guidance was to keep the economy running and people working. It usually takes twice that length of time to not be contagious and the only way to know for sure is to test.
Old 12-21-2023, 08:40 AM

A co-worker was telling me the other day that several of her relatives caught the latest strain. This is after they all had been vaccinated with the latest covid vaccine.
Old 12-21-2023, 08:42 AM

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Covid tests miss as many times as they pop positive. So if you’re sick, assume you’re contagious with whatever (Covid, Influenza, the crud), skip the test, stay home or go to the doctor and get meds if warranted and leave the rest of us to live our lives in peace And get that mask off your face, especially outside. All those do is collect germs for you to breathe back in.
Old 12-21-2023, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Fr View Post
A co-worker was telling me the other day that several of her relatives caught the latest strain. This is after they all had been vaccinated with the latest covid vaccine.
And my barber's girlfriend's cousin's dog walker's plumber said the opposite
Old 12-21-2023, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
No stupid judgment, please. Just assume I look better with the mask on, and let it go at that. As for the vaccine, one of my hobbies is getting poked with needles. Acupuncture is fun! Gimme the shot.
Not all is straightforward in life. I got AFIB from a COVID vaccine, not the virus.
One time ablation was needed for resolution.
Old 12-21-2023, 08:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
I'm in Europe at this moment. Nobody is dying, no masks, nobody coughing and hacking, everything normal.

People get sick all the time. Every cough and cold is not Covid.

How can you be sure a cough is not Covid? Check the date. It's only December. The primaries are still months away!
Our friends flew back from Ireland in September. Picked up Covid on the way home. How do they know? Timeline. Tested. Not a cold or flu. Was Covid.

We returned via Miami airport 2 weeks ago. We came down with Covid 2-3 days later. How do we know we got it on the plane? The man seated next to us was obviously ill. We are now doing ok. But husband still has some taste & minor breathing issues. Glad we had our vaccines as we firmly believe that helps keep symptoms mild.

Has nothing to do with politics but the hard heads will claim that is so. Believe what you want but take precautions if you can, especially in our age group or if you have health issues. Just common sense.
Closed Thread

Tags
back, covid, trip, home, varriant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.