New thread asking for dental help

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2021, 02:33 PM
Sage
Default New thread asking for dental help

I posted earlier but NOW want folks who actually have The Villages Health Advantage plan. Who do you use as your dentist? I called the number on my card but didn't find that information helpful. In our 12 yrs here, I've had 3 different dentists. The first one left the area, the 2nd one no longer was in our network and the latest has gone down-hill in my opinion so I NEED to find a new practice. In the past, word of mouth has been beneficial. I did call two other practices only to find they don't carry TVHA plan. IF you can help, tell me who and why you like your dentist. Thank you in advance.
Old 06-02-2021, 03:26 PM
Veteran member

Have you gone to Pre Login listed in the back of the plan's card? From their you can, after doing a bit of drilling down, download a list of providers for your plan which includes dentists.

Unfortunately this list is sometimes out of date so you have to check with the dentist directly to be sure. And there may be some dentists who do support the plan but are not on the list.

I'm using The Villages UHC Advantage but the dentist I go to doesn't accept it. But that is the dentist I've found that does a good job keeping my teeth in good shape.

So, yes, I'm paying the dental bill myself. The UHC plan, at least the version I have, only covers routine preventive work like exam, cleaning, that sort of thing. If you anything beyond that, like a filling, that comes out of your pocket.
Old 06-03-2021, 07:31 AM

I have The Villages United Health Care. Currently I go to Trailwinds Dental Care on 466a - highly recommend. I've also gone to Sumter Landing Dental Care on Old Camp Rd at Sumter Landing and Wildwood Dental on 44. Of these 3 I believe Trailwinds is the best. They are also new so you can get an appointment quickly.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:36 AM
Sage

I did go to my ins. card and followed through with their providers BUT it's a limited amount of providers. I know there must be some others who are also in our plan and I've been trying (again) this morning to check online. I thought I'd read somewhere (but can't find it) that there is a dentist in a new office in Brownwood Square. If anyone can help me with that I'd appreciate it. Word of mouth seems to work well for most services here so thought it might with dentists too.

Someone in this thread mentioned Trailwinds Dental but aren't they a corporation? I've read we should stay away from those places. Just asking!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
find, plan, dentist, practice, past

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.