Not getting vaccine?

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2021, 09:07 AM
Veteran member
Default Not getting vaccine?

Who is Not getting vaccine and why did u make that decision?
Old 02-13-2021, 09:33 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

I have never been so ready to get a shot in my entire life. (a shot in the arm that is)

We have had our first one. (Moderna) We each had sore arms for a day, but that was it.

I went with an epi-pen in my purse. Mr. Boomer has been known to have allergic reactions to certain antibiotics and once to bees, years ago. I knew they would have epi at the site, and we do not normally carry epi, and antibiotics and bee reactions have not been reported as potential issues, but I wanted to be ready anyway so I had him get one for the occasion. It was not needed. (I didn’t really think it would be, but I was in just-in-case mode.) When you fill out the form and report a history of allergic reactions, they have you wait half an hour instead of 15 minutes. He was fine — absolutely fine.

Does having just one shot so far mean that Bill Gates can track me only half the time?

Last edited by Boomer; 02-13-2021 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-13-2021, 09:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I have never been so ready to get a shot in my entire life. (a shot in the arm that is)

We have had our first one. (Moderna) We each had sore arms for a day, but that was it.

I went with an epi-pen in my purse. Mr. Boomer has been known to have allergic reactions to certain antibiotics and once to bees, years ago. I knew they would have epi at the site, and we do not normally carry epi, and antibiotics and bee reactions have not been reported as potential issues, but I wanted to be ready anyway so I had him get one for the occasion. It was not needed. (I didn’t really think it would be, but I was in just-in-case mode.) When you fill out the form and report a history of allergic reactions, they have you wait half an hour instead of 15 minutes. He was fine — absolutely fine.

Does having just one shot so far mean that Bill Gates can track me only half the time?
Yes. If you get both shots he will pull out the Jewish lasers. You have no chance of escape, then!

(p.s. I'm Jewish - it's funny, I promise)
Old 02-13-2021, 09:51 AM
Veteran member
Default Not getting shot?

This post is for those NOT getting the vaccine. Please do not respond u are getting it. I would like to speak to those who are NOT GETTING IT TK U
Old 02-13-2021, 09:52 AM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Yes. If you get both shots he will pull out the Jewish lasers. You have no chance of escape, then!

(p.s. I'm Jewish - it's funny, I promise)

Oy vey!
Old 02-13-2021, 10:17 AM
Soaring Parsley

In response to the OP’s Post #4 as I defend my Post #2:

Well, OP, even though we got the shot, I think my earlier post was helpful because there are those who might also have concerns about allergic reactions. Therefore, my post was intended to give them info that might help them with their decision. Going in with an epi in my purse (although, not needed, thank goodness) was a plan that others might want to use.

My post was legit, solid, primary source information that shared how I addressed concerns over allergic reactions and how the shot caused absolutely no problems.

You must be having your own specific concerns about getting the vaccine. Why not share them?

I remain,
Helpful, One-Shot-Down, One-To-Go Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 02-13-2021 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-13-2021, 10:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
In response to OP’s Post #4 as I defend my Post #2:

Well, OP, even though we got the shot, I think my earlier post was helpful because there are those who might also have concerns about allergic reactions. Therefore, my post was intended to give them info that might help them with their decision. Going in with an epi in my purse (although, not needed, thank goodness) was a plan that others might want to use.

My post was legit, solid, primary source information that shared how I addressed concerns over allergic reactions and how the shot caused absolutely no problems.

You must be having your own specific concerns about getting the vaccine. Why not share them?

I remain,
That was very polite! I might have responded differently
Old 02-13-2021, 02:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

~~~
Old 02-13-2021, 02:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
In response to the OP’s Post #4 as I defend my Post #2:

I remain,
That would make a great signature!!!
Old 02-13-2021, 04:56 PM

These are experimental vaccines, not fully vetted!
Old 02-13-2021, 05:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

The woman across the street is 88, and she has not gotten hers yet. She is concerned because she’s been ill, and had heard of some of the side effects.
Old 02-13-2021, 06:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karadad View Post
These are experimental vaccines, not fully vetted!
Why do you say that? Are you saying that the certifying officials signed off on these because the gov ordered them? You do know that this procedure has been in the testing stages for several years, right? The only difference is that it was targeted to this particular virus. Before this, it was targeted to SARs-2, I think. At any rate, if you read any of the papers on it, you will see that since there is absolutely NO virus material involved in it's creation, there is little to fear. If by "fully vetted" you mean they have not been in trial for COVID for a dozen years, you are correct. Of course there will be plenty that will not get the shot. Hey, if not for concerns for my spouse, I wouldn't. I do not fear catching the virus, other than the idea of my spouse catching it due to my disregard. I haven't had the flu and I do not get the flu shot, but my spouse does get the flu shot. I got my COVID inoculation, but I may not get it next year, if they suggest it.

It all depends on how safe you feel you are when out and about. Like a famous person once sagely said "are you feeling lucky, punk?" If you are concerned about what it might do to a frail person, then I would suggest seeking advice from a professional, not a social forum. It may very well be that one will have to weigh the options. Take a slim chance of a negative reaction from the shot, or take a chance at a DEADLY reaction from catching the demon virus.
Old 02-13-2021, 06:11 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,141 Times in 883 Posts

I'm not getting it. Various reasons: I'm still considerably young at 56, I've had averse reaction to flu shot, I'm not sure it will be effective for long or for variants.
Old 02-13-2021, 06:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
The woman across the street is 88, and she has not gotten hers yet. She is concerned because she’s been ill, and had heard of some of the side effects.
Has she consulted her physician?
Old 02-13-2021, 06:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnsoul View Post
This post is for those NOT getting the vaccine. Please do not respond u are getting it. I would like to speak to those who are NOT GETTING IT TK U

Well, I’m not getting it cause I can’t get it. Few slots with thousands applying. Maybe if CDC ever get off the A## and approves j and j Some of us may have change to get the shot. Until then, don’t hold you breath.

Last edited by Topspinmo; 02-13-2021 at 06:59 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
vaccine, make, decision

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.