Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Has she consulted her physician?
Yes.
Old 02-13-2021, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

At this time NO.. worked for 5 months exposed 50-60 hours a week, no symptoms, never tested +, many hours without proper PPE....Before vaccine was offered, 2 epidemiologist, 3 docs, 2 pharmacists, already had me on the NO SHOT list.

All have dealt with me on a personal level on an anaphylactic issue. All said even with all the epi in house, none of them would inject me. They have worked with me over 20 years, and would always abide by their oath of “do no harm”.
Old 02-13-2021, 07:27 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Nope. For reasons that will start an argument and get this thread shut down PDQ, I will keep my personal choice to myself.
Old 02-13-2021, 07:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
Nope. For reasons that will start an argument and get this thread shut down PDQ, I will keep my personal choice to myself.
Yep.. It's nobody's business but mine what the reason is if I do or don't get the shot.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 02-13-2021, 10:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Well, I’m not getting it cause I can’t get it. Few slots with thousands applying. Maybe if CDC ever get off the A## and approves j and j Some of us may have change to get the shot. Until then, don’t hold you breath.
Keep looking, we have had three opportunities in the last 3 weeks, Publix, SafeStart and CDR Health. Shot was with CDR. Now more opportunities available at WinnDixie, Walmart, Sam's.....may need to drive depending on the store but there are more outlets.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-13-2021, 10:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,456 Posts

When by southern oaks tents at noon today, looked like they was shut down due to the mud pit that was created, don’t tell me finely get and appointment and canceled due to field mud pit? That’s not going to dry up for awhile?
Old 02-14-2021, 05:41 AM

Choice is mine to say no..
Old 02-14-2021, 05:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Well, I’m not getting it cause I can’t get it. Few slots with thousands applying. Maybe if CDC ever get off the A## and approves j and j Some of us may have change to get the shot. Until then, don’t hold you breath.
The FDA is a pathetically bureaucratic and slow agency. They took an extra 10 days to approve Pfizer's vaccine out of pure bureaucracy at a time when we desperately needed to start vaccinations.

They have not approved AstraZenaca's vaccine even though the U.K. and all of continental Europe have. AZ made an error in their testing procedure that returned BETTER than expected results. AZ submitted all the data but the FDA wants them to rerun the whole testing process which takes months. The FDA is not our friend.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:58 AM

Not getting the vaccine is a personal choice. You do not have to explain your decision. Please don't try to talk others out of their decision to get the vaccine.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:23 AM

We will not be getting the vaccine. How could they come up with a “cure” for a virus they know very little about in less than a year? The flu and cancer have been around forever and they can’t cure them, but miraculously they have an answer to covid. Not buying it.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:39 AM

My wife and I will not get an experimental vaccine that has sickened thousands and killed dozens more including a young, healthy doctor in Florida 3 weeks after he had the shot. The CDC itself has stated that the vaccine will NOT keep you from getting Covid. So why anyone would take this shot to prevent a virus that has a 99.7% survival rate for people our age (70's) is a mystery to me. And I have had the virus.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachteldepew View Post
We will not be getting the vaccine. How could they come up with a “cure” for a virus they know very little about in less than a year? The flu and cancer have been around forever and they can’t cure them, but miraculously they have an answer to covid. Not buying it.
The choice is yours. However, if the reason is how fast they came up with the vaccine, you might want to do a bit more research to see if you are really working with valid information. The studies I have read on the vaccine indicate that they have been working on this "new" process for several years, particularly targeting Mers and SARS. When COVID became the issue, they tested the idea with COVID targeted. It is amazing how well the tests results have been. A typical flu vaccine is between 30-40% efficient. These tests are easily superior to the flu serums. I am not an expert and I do NOT receive the flu shot, ever. I have never had the flu and realize that it is just a matter of time before it hits me, IF I am susceptible to infection and not just immune. Like you, I have made my choice. I did get my COVID shot because I am NOT going to be responsible to my children for infecting their mother with a potentially deadly illness. Just my take on this. If I thought there was any danger of getting this vaccine, I would not even consider experimenting with a new product like this. However, I have had to be inoculated with a ton of vaccinations in order to travel overseas, which I would not normally even consider, so this is a no brainer.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
My wife and I will not get an experimental vaccine that has sickened thousands and killed dozens more including a young, healthy doctor in Florida 3 weeks after he had the shot. The CDC itself has stated that the vaccine will NOT keep you from getting Covid. So why anyone would take this shot to prevent a virus that has a 99.7% survival rate for people our age (70's) is a mystery to me. And I have had the virus.
Like I already said in the other post, it is your choice. Personally, I am not ready to explain to my children how I neglected to protect my spouse, just because I THOUGHT the vaccine might be too young to be any good.
In my opinion, from what you are saying, you are basing your possibly life threatening move on inaccurate information. There is no proof that this doctor that passed, died because of the vaccination. His case is very unusual. Maybe the CDC said that they cannot guarantee that you wont' get sick, but they do say that with the vaccination, you have a better chance of surviving the illness if infected. I have read other studies that indicate that this is one of the best vaccine builds in use today. I have also read an Israeli study that indicates that the vaccines may (it's still early) prevent you from passing/carrying the virus to other people.
It is your decision, but make sure you are working with ALL the available information. Like I said, I am not going to tell my children that I made the mistake of convincing my spouse NOT to get the vaccination and because of that, she is no longer around for them.
Old 02-14-2021, 07:07 AM

I was a medic in the Army. I worked for a time at the military medical school “USUHS”. We studied different things in the human performance lab. To maintain certifications for our Docs and other folks with certain certifications we had regularly scheduled speakers. The Dr in this video was one of the speakers I heard at a lecture back at the school. Her testimony here is concerning. Is conspiracy theoryesque? Yes. But I am healthy, 62 and see no reason to rush it.
Dr Lee Merrit Interview - YouTube
Old 02-14-2021, 07:13 AM

My opinion exactly. Why take a vaccine that's 94% effective against a virus that's has a 99% survival rate? Of all the people I know, including family, that have gotten the WuhanChineseCoronaVirus, none have died. Plus, how can the FLU numbers be down 98% this year? Meaning, how many deaths attributed to COVID are the result of the FLU? If the CDC/FEDs wasn't providing $$$ against COVID, there'd be less COVID??? THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
vaccine, make, decision

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.