Not getting vaccine?

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2021, 07:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,408 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
My wife and I will not get an experimental vaccine that has sickened thousands and killed dozens more including a young, healthy doctor in Florida 3 weeks after he had the shot. The CDC itself has stated that the vaccine will NOT keep you from getting Covid. So why anyone would take this shot to prevent a virus that has a 99.7% survival rate for people our age (70's) is a mystery to me. And I have had the virus.
Where do you get these numbers???

The survival rate for the 65-74 group is about 94% and for the 75-84 group it drops to 85%. The survival rate for the flu is something like 99.998%.

Avoid the shot for whatever reason you have but stop spreading bad information that could get someone else killed.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 02-14-2021, 07:30 AM

That’s your choice to get it has it’s other’s choice not to!! Why do you care??
Old 02-14-2021, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
I'm not getting it. Various reasons: I'm still considerably young at 56, I've had averse reaction to flu shot, I'm not sure it will be effective for long or for variants.
I’m right there with you, I have been a nurse for 30 years and I don’t take vaccines. I believe in keeping your own immune system strong and let it do it’s job and so far It’s not failed me. And yes I’ve been closely exposed to Covid a couple of times and no I haven’t gotten it. I’ve also had my antibodies tested twice and nothing. So you can all feel free to have mine.
Old 02-14-2021, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall22204 View Post
Not getting the vaccine is a personal choice. You do not have to explain your decision. Please don't try to talk others out of their decision to get the vaccine.
I haven’t heard on person harping on anyone as to not getting the shot, just giving their reasons why they don’t want one. But I sure have seen and heard plenty of lectures for those self appointed experts as to why I should get one, so I’m very confused as to your comment...
Old 02-14-2021, 08:02 AM

I am a healthy women in my 60's without any health issues... that I am aware of. I probably would survive COVID. However my concern is for the people in my life who may not be so healthy. I would be devastated if I passed COVID on to them. So I am getting the vaccine for them. I know that scientists are not certain if vaccinated people can still carry the virus in their nose......but I am not going to take the chance. This vaccine is for the people I care about.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnsoul View Post
Who is Not getting vaccine and why did u make that decision?
not old enough, not tested long enough, reactions to other vaccines, only 98.5% of death...
Old 02-14-2021, 08:08 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

You nailed it. This is far from being an experimental vaccine. This was heavily tested 10 years ago as a vaccine for both MERS and SARS. The outbreak died our so the vaccine was only given to about 100 000 people I think. Covid-19 is SARS as well, although a different variant. That's why it was tweaked and tested so fast. Also, there has not been a single case of anyone dying from the vaccine, even though a very small handful do get some allergic reactions.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:12 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karadad View Post
These are experimental vaccines, not fully vetted!
I think 10 year of testing and 100,000 people as the SARS vaccine is pretty conclusive.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida17 View Post
not old enough, not tested long enough, reactions to other vaccines, only 98.5% of death...
So, considering the fact that this mRNA technology has been tested over a decade, you feel that it's not been tested long enough, and it is not old enough? Interesting. How long a period of time would you set as the bar to be overcome?
Old 02-14-2021, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,788 Times in 1,249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
At this time NO.. worked for 5 months exposed 50-60 hours a week, no symptoms, never tested +, many hours without proper PPE....Before vaccine was offered, 2 epidemiologist, 3 docs, 2 pharmacists, already had me on the NO SHOT list.

All have dealt with me on a personal level on an anaphylactic issue. All said even with all the epi in house, none of them would inject me. They have worked with me over 20 years, and would always abide by their oath of “do no harm”.
Where do you work?
Old 02-14-2021, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobullymom View Post
I’m right there with you, I have been a nurse for 30 years and I don’t take vaccines. I believe in keeping your own immune system strong and let it do it’s job and so far It’s not failed me. And yes I’ve been closely exposed to Covid a couple of times and no I haven’t gotten it. I’ve also had my antibodies tested twice and nothing. So you can all feel free to have mine.
I’m a retired nurse and agree with the poster above. I’ve taken the flu vaccine for about 15 years but only because it was a requirement of my employer. God gave us an immune system to fight off infections and viruses and we are responsible for maintaining it. I have had Covid in October (meaning my immune system had been weakened) and I survived. I’ve had the flu before and the flu was worse for me. I was tested for Covid antibodies this past week and still have them. But, even if I didn’t have them, I would still choose to not take the vaccine. I’ll take my chances of survival again over taking a vaccine that I don’t currently trust. It was developed quickly when we can’t even develop a vaccine for the common cold, which is also a form of a coronavirus. I believe Covid is real and not a hoax, but less dangerous to most of us than the media is making it out to be. It is being used for control of people and generating unwarranted fear.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:20 AM

My husband refuses to get the vaccine, but he also won't get a flu shot or any other vaccine (ie, shingles, pneumonia etc). After being in the military and having to get shots weekly while in Korea, not by his choice, now that he can refuse them, he does. He doesn't feel you can trust that the government doesn't have a hand in these vaccines, doesn't trust their motives. Fortunately, he rarely gets sick, has never had the flu or pneumonia or shingles, etc. I believe in vaccines and their efficacy, so I'm getting it because when I DO get sick, it goes straight to my lungs every. time!!
Old 02-14-2021, 08:22 AM
Veteran member

I am 80 years old in excellent health (according to my Doc.). Vitals again according my Doc. are of a much younger man no health issues other than arthritis in one knee, eat well exercise regularly and am very active . I never have had the flu or never catch colds, only have occasionally gotten a sore throat. Do I need the vaccine I think others with issues should get it before me , so I may not get .
Old 02-14-2021, 08:22 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

Wrong. People have died from the vaccine.
It takes about 5 to 7 years for full trials before a vaccine is given to the public.
If 3 months of trials is enough, why not do that for all vaccines?
Money is the reason for so much covid.
Media is gleeful at scaring the hell out of you.
Control of people who will buckle under out of fright.
I am not getting the vaccine but do not care if anyone else does.
If you are frightened, lock yourself in the closet for the rest if your life. 100% effective. Better than the vaccine.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
I'm not getting it. Various reasons: I'm still considerably young at 56, I've had averse reaction to flu shot, I'm not sure it will be effective for long or for variants.
You could consult your doctor.....
Closed Thread

Tags
vaccine, make, decision

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.