Nurse Practionier

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2014, 12:50 PM
Veteran member
Default Nurse Practionier

Look for a female nurse practitioner, preferably one that will prescribe bio-identical HRT. Having a REALLY hard time dealing with any Dr's in TV. They just seem to be so busy that they really don't have any time to deal with you.
I'm tired of being brushed off AND I'm tired of arrogant Dr's who won't listen to women! It's OUR bodies....we KNOW what it going on!! PLEASe....anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
Old 09-23-2014, 02:35 PM
Veteran member

Michelle Springstead at Family Practice at Southern Trace.

Dr. Seuss
Old 09-23-2014, 02:35 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

DR. Agbo Has one and so does Dr Waubani.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 09-23-2014, 02:54 PM
Sage

Bump. Important.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:52 PM

I think most of the doctors at The Villages Health Center's have nurse pracitioners. However, a nurse practitioners has to have a physician approve medications ordered. She/he can't just order a new prescription on their own. So you may end up having to go through a physician to get that first prescription.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:23 PM
Veteran member

I rarely have a need for a Dr. but when I do, as Happinow stated would like to get in to see them in a reasonable time frame. The Dr I am using now has ad in the paper all the time advertising for new patients....yet in my opinion doesn't have time for her existing patients. Also, I was told on my very first visit to her we would work as a team. Nothing 'team' about this....she gets VERY defensive if I question anything. Again, I feel it is MY body and my life and I would like some say in my medical care.
Another thing that is SO frustrating to me, is you can't just go to a new Dr. and see if you like them. Most of them have this big long procedure you have to go through to see them the first time, not to mention the cost of everything they want you to do on an initial visit.
One of the reasons I was thinking about a NP was they seem to have more time to be able to sit down and discuss things with you.
Thanks for the referrals.....anyone have anymore?
Old 09-23-2014, 07:28 PM
Veteran member

Sorry...I think Happinow stated this on another thread I was reading, but the thread was basically saying the same thing...can't find a Dr. that they like.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.