Default Obvious End To The Mask Controversy

I think we beat this to death.

Last edited by CarolSells; 06-01-2020 at 11:50 AM. Reason: //
Old 05-30-2020, 07:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolSells View Post
So, after a gazillion posts pro and con to wearing a mask, I don’t believe that we have swayed anyone to our side, pro or con.

How about the compromise could be that people who are leery of mingling with non-maskers at rec centers , etc. could wear their masks AND face shields. They seem to be able to stop “stuff” going both in and out. Plus, the mask could be also worn to guard against anti-gravity droplets which might drift upwards under the face shield.

Your thoughts?
Okay, I'll bite. When even FOX News reports that wearing a mask is effective Wearing a surgical mask can reduce coronavirus transmission by up to 75 percent, study says | Fox News why should I have to wear a face shield because others won't wear a mask?

I might add this, although I haven't researched where it came from.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	mask.jpg
Views:	6754
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	84340  
Old 05-30-2020, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
My thoughts? If I was incapable of selling my own home I would consider Carol. She sounds reasonable.
Thank you.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:51 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
So, after a gazillion posts pro and con to wearing a mask, I don’t believe that we have swayed anyone to our side, pro or con.

How about the compromise could be that people who are leery of mingling with non-maskers at rec centers , etc. could wear their masks AND face shields. They seem to be able to stop “stuff” going both in and out. Plus, the mask could be also worn to guard against anti-gravity droplets which might drift upwards under the face shield.

Your thoughts?
My final thoughts on this. If a certain place mandates a mask, wear it. If a place doesnt mandate masks and you want to wear one. Your choice. If youre uncomfortable that others arent, then find another business to patronize. Simple and easy. But your choice may not be mine. Also, Yes, I forgot about the floor arrows in publix. Yes, I went the wrong way up the aisle where not one other person was in that aisle. No need to be so nasty as I EXIT the aisle and try to lecture me. Your pompous attitude isnt becoming
Old 05-31-2020, 04:59 AM

I find it curious we accept other impairments meant to keep us safe such as being screened for airline flights, being screened to enter government buildings, non-smoking laws, obeying traffic laws, etc...the list goes on...but somehow find wearing a mask impinges our liberties. The reason to wear a mask is to protect others as much as to protect yourself. How is that unreasonable?
Old 05-31-2020, 05:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Okay, I'll bite. When even FOX News reports that wearing a mask is effective Wearing a surgical mask can reduce coronavirus transmission by up to 75 percent, study says | Fox News why should I have to wear a face shield because others won't wear a mask?

I might add this, although I haven't researched where it came from.
I saw the same information but with a different graphic.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
I find it curious we accept other impairments meant to keep us safe such as being screened for airline flights, being screened to enter government buildings, non-smoking laws, obeying traffic laws, etc...the list goes on...but somehow find wearing a mask impinges our liberties.

The reason to wear a mask is to protect others as much as to protect yourself. How is that unreasonable?

You've very succinctly nailed it.

I'll never understand those who believe they're special and entitled...and only have to think of themselves.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
I find it curious we accept other impairments meant to keep us safe such as being screened for airline flights, being screened to enter government buildings, non-smoking laws, obeying traffic laws, etc...the list goes on...but somehow find wearing a mask impinges our liberties. The reason to wear a mask is to protect others as much as to protect yourself. How is that unreasonable?
My thoughts are the reason to wear a mask is to stop this damn virus from spreading. Let's stop it in its tracks and wearing masks can achieve that.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:25 AM

It all comes down is respect for self and others. It not going to hurt anyone to wear a mask when one cannot stay 6 feet apart. Cdc can not be that far wrong
Old 05-31-2020, 05:41 AM
Sage

There are establishments that will not allow you to enter without a mask. For example:

The Sprint store on 441 in Lady Lake keeps their door locked with a huge sandwich sign stating you must wear a mask to enter the store and an associate will be with you in a moment. When a rep in the store sees someone standing at the door, the rep goes out of the store through the back door and walks to the front of the store to talk to the prospective customer. One prospective customer had to go home to get her mask before she was allowed into the store. She came back 15 minutes later with a mask and was then allowed in the store.

So......always have a mask handy even if you are against mask wearing. OR.....don't give that establishment your business.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:51 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:

Your thoughts?
Can’t believe we’re still talking about this. Wearing a mask cannot be mandated. It is not a law. A world renowned epidemiologist indicated that because of the size of the virus it can go right through any mask. Even an N 95 mask. It’s a microbe! The only value of a mask is psychological. You don’t wear a mask during flu season do you? Since we now know this virus has virtually the same mortality rate as the flu why are we still talking about this? I cannot believe the paranoia about this virus has lasted this long. The media obviously did a great job of scaring people to death to the point where they can’t even think for themselves anymore.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:55 AM

How are you enjoying the Kool-aid?
Old 05-31-2020, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
Can’t believe we’re still talking about this. Wearing a mask cannot be mandated. It is not a law. A world renowned epidemiologist indicated that because of the size of the virus it can go right through any mask. Even an N 95 mask. It’s a microbe! The only value of a mask is psychological. You don’t wear a mask during flu season do you? Since we now know this virus has virtually the same mortality rate as the flu why are we still talking about this? I cannot believe the paranoia about this virus has lasted this long. The media obviously did a great job of scaring people to death to the point where they can’t even think for themselves anymore.
BRAVO!!! Well said.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:06 AM

Paranoia strikes deep. Into your mind it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid. You step out of line and the man comes and takes you away.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:08 AM
Smile Wrong way aisles in stores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
My final thoughts on this. If a certain place mandates a mask, wear it. If a place doesnt mandate masks and you want to wear one. Your choice. If youre uncomfortable that others arent, then find another business to patronize. Simple and easy. But your choice may not be mine. Also, Yes, I forgot about the floor arrows in publix. Yes, I went the wrong way up the aisle where not one other person was in that aisle. No need to be so nasty as I EXIT the aisle and try to lecture me. Your pompous attitude isnt becoming
If I find that I am going the wrong way in an aisle I just turn my car t around so I am going the right way.
Closed Thread

Tags
mask, face, pro, con, “stuff”

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.