Options for forward thinking, new age or holistic pain treatment - Not Pot please

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2021, 06:28 PM
Platinum member
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRP2TV View Post
Because I have been trying them for 8 years and I’m worse than ever.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.
Good luck. Hope you find the relief you're looking for and pass it on.
Old 07-24-2021, 07:05 PM

I have been getting a great deal of relief for the the past 5 years by using an inversion table. Initially, It takes a little getting use to but it works for me. The relieve is nearly immediate and last for hours. I generally invert to 60 degrees.
Old 07-25-2021, 04:58 AM
Sage

I heard of PEMF from a seminar put on by a doctor from TVHealth a couple of years ago. I was a bit skeptical but a trial period (w/out purchasing a unit) was given so I thought I'd give it a go. THEN via one of my FB support sites I heard of this as well AND a unit (different company and not a MLM business) that could be purchased through the company for far less than the unit I'd first been introduced to. It's also small and you can take it anywhere. I actually invested in two. I have degenerative disc disease, RA, fibromyalgia to name a few pain inducing conditions. I believe my PEMF unit(s) do help. They're quite different than TENS (which I also had purchased some years before) in that you can't really feel anything. Back in the day I tried the YL oils---when you have pain you will try anything. All they are, are nice smelling and for me they didn't work.
Old 07-25-2021, 07:17 AM
Default Holistic Pain Relief

Try experimenting with a combination of Tumeric Root and Circumin Root - Buy at the grocery store- shave small slivers and eat with breakfast. Did wonders for my L4 & L5 disks. Treatment for inflamation has been around for MANY YEARS,
Old 07-25-2021, 08:01 AM
Smile The Curable App and Podcast - must have tools for chronic pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanStCatherine View Post
Youtube has tons of videos. I found one on regular physical therapy (Bob & Brad) exercises I found helpful for my shoulder. Watching that lead to a recommendation of a video on advanced soft tissue release which lead me to visit a local Myofascial Release therapist. I found some relief with one visit. I was also recommended a video for neck pain using the feldenkrais method. One feldenkrais exercise for 20 seconds each shoulder took my neck pain away - I was very surprised. TENS machines can be easily purchased, are reasonably priced, and can interrupt pain signals - helped me through an issue recently. There are ancient Chinese practices which I have witnessed working for some people like Meridian tapping and there is also Japanese Reiki. Keep watching and trying different things. Best wishes and be well!
I have tried everything on this list and more from TENS to weekly soft tissue release sessions to pills to $1000 Injections and surgeries. Nothing helped much. Mostly placebo effects… From this list I like Bob and Brad videos the most, but I also found some better options out there like GuerillaZen videos (but not the supplements) and the Curable app for pain. Lots of techniques for desensitization… there’s also a great podcast from the same group ‘Like body like mind’. I’ve been practically pain free for a year now.

Hope you feel better soon!

Last edited by ndf888; 07-25-2021 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-25-2021, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,181 Times in 835 Posts

I would encourage you to try cattle semen. This is available from many sources including local unregulated farms and even can be obtained yourself if you are a risk taker. I'd instead suggest using a recognized dealer Some people have tried other large mammals such as camels and spaniels. Yak is very commonly used in China, or so I have heard. Grizzly bear is a superior product to cattle but is very expensive and you need to be careful as it is so often mislabeled and diluted with Miracle Whip and other contaminants.

While there are no well done placebo controlled double blind studies supporting this product we all know that cowtilidge is important in joints. If calf pain is a issue, clearly this product is well aligned to help your discomfort. There are many you tube videos on how to properly use cattle semen. I'd recommend being sure you align your hips and shoulders exactly north/south when applying the product so that the magnetic field of the earth can properly activate it's healing properties.

While I do wish the OP find some relief somewhere, including non-allopathic approaches, I would point out that anecdotes and online testimonials are as useful as this post. Science advances when theories are tested, properly tested. Pseudo-science is not alternative or forward thinking. It may be complementary. It may provide benefit via some untested mechanism or via the powerful placebo effect. And it is 100% reasonable for patients who have not gotten benefit from well established approaches to try unproven ones. Just don't take their advise as any more based on science than my snarky first couple paragraphs complete with links. You really should watch the you tube video. People selling snake oil really do believe in it. They are not lying in their missionary zeal or purely profit motivated. They are lying to themselves.
Old 07-25-2021, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
I'm looking for recommendations for forward thinking, new age or holistic pain treatment options in The Villages. (not interested in pot)

Spinal compression issues and widespread nerve pain to be specific.

Much appreciated.
wow, i wish i could help you, but from experience, nerve issues & compression are not best treated by the options you may be looking for. you can try physical therapy & hands on treatments by GENTLE chiropractors, but imo, the relief only lasts as long as they're working on you. ive seen ads for individual compression treatments, but i'd be cautious on how these can actually aggravate your disks!! if i were you,..i'd see a regular,conventional surgeon & ask him/her how to 'manage' your pain conservatively. a really cool dr will give you honest info. BEST OF LUCK! let us know how you're getting along? thx
Old 07-25-2021, 08:32 AM
Default All natural products

Quote:
I'm looking for recommendations for forward thinking, new age or holistic pain treatment options in The Villages. (not interested in pot)

Much appreciated.
Have you looked at Isotonix products...no binders or fillers. Check out the site:

www.isotonx.com/sylviapierce

There is lots of info there...let me know if you wish to chat about these. 603 387 4808
Old 07-25-2021, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slpierce21@gmail.com View Post
Have you looked at Isotonix products...no binders or fillers. Check out the site:

www.isotonx.com/sylviapierce

There is lots of info there...let me know if you wish to chat about these. 603 387 4808
Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at www.isotonx.com.
Old 07-25-2021, 09:02 AM
Veteran member

Is diabetic neuropathy a factor in your nerve pain or is it all related to your spinal compression issue?

I agree that there are sometimes alternatives to Doctors recommendations. I have several family members that were given very poor advice because the industry is focused drugs and surgery. There is a massive amount of medical research that they never bother to explore. Not all though but they are very hard to find.
Old 07-25-2021, 09:04 AM

[QUOTE=blueash;1978205]I would encourage you to try cattle semen. This is available from many sources including local unregulated farms and even can be obtained yourself if you are a risk taker. I'd instead suggest using a recognized dealer Some people have tried other large mammals such as camels and spaniels. Yak is very commonly used in China, or so I have heard. Grizzly bear is a superior product to cattle but is very expensive and you need to be careful as it is so often mislabeled and diluted with Miracle Whip and other contaminants.

While there are no well done placebo controlled double blind studies supporting this product we all know that cowtilidge is important in joints. If calf pain is a issue, clearly this product is well aligned to help your discomfort. There are many you tube videos on how to properly use cattle semen. I'd recommend being sure you align your hips and shoulders exactly north/south when applying the product so that the magnetic field of the earth can properly activate it's healing properties.

While I do wish the OP find some relief somewhere, including non-allopathic approaches, I would point out that anecdotes and online testimonials are as useful as this post. Science advances when theories are tested, properly tested. Pseudo-science is not alternative or forward thinking. It may be complementary. It may provide benefit via some untested mechanism or via the powerful placebo effect. And it is 100% reasonable for patients who have not gotten benefit from well established approaches to try unproven ones. Just don't take their advise as any more based on science than my snarky first couple paragraphs complete with links. You really should watch the you tube video. People selling snake oil really do believe in it. They are not lying in their missionary zeal or purely profit motivated. They are lying to themselves.[/QU
Old 07-25-2021, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson072702 View Post
Look for someone that is certified in functional medician. I am working with one for several issues and it has been a God sent. Good luck
I very strongly agree! A functional doctor can help you explore both traditional and holistic options.
Old 07-25-2021, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,525 Times in 3,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanStCatherine View Post
I very strongly agree! A functional doctor can help you explore both traditional and holistic options.
A functional doctor as compared to a non-functional doctor?

Every doctor I've ever been to has functioned just fine.

Meanwhile: "Functional medicine" refers to the theoretical (and disproven) notion that gut health and adrenals are the "root cause" of just about any ailment. Sort of like when you go to a homeopathic practitioner and they do a blood test that tells you you're allergic to eggs, wheat, dairy, and green beans. What they don't tell you is that your test will show the same allergies as everyone else who takes the test. All it does is measure proteins. You're not really allergic to any of those things.

Quackery has become more sophisticated, as access to internet fraud has expanded.
Old 07-25-2021, 09:39 AM
Default try it

Quote:

Much appreciated.
Try back stretching exercising and walking. Ask any good doctor and they will tell you most back and nerve problems can be handled with movement and weight loss . If your not moving and over weight life gets very painful
Old 07-25-2021, 09:49 AM
Veteran member

PubMed

Great resource. If a remedy has been subjected to clinical trials, you can find out here. Not always conclusive but better than internet chatter.
Closed Thread

Tags
pain, options, forward, thinking, age

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.