OptumRx

Old 03-01-2024, 11:09 AM

Recently called OptimRx to see if they could provide me with a specific generic brand. Although they could not guarantee which generic I would receive, the associate was friendly & very helpful. She informed me that Rx was free from Optum or from a local pharmacy, and recommended that I call around locally to see if one of the stores carried my brand. It was the preferred brand at CVS, and I received a 3 month supply from the store down the street. It would have been easier for the person on the phone to say no & then brush me off. Although Optimum did not fill my Rx, I was impressed by their customer service.
Old 03-01-2024, 11:14 AM
Gold member

Right now, OptumRx & its parent company United Health, are on day 9 of a cyberattack. This doesn't affect whether they are a good company or not, but at the current moment it might be hard to fill a prescription.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...n-drug-orders/
Old 03-01-2024, 11:51 AM

Works great for us. No problems.
Old 03-01-2024, 02:35 PM

Have had Optum for years. Very fast delivery.
Old 03-01-2024, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Anyone here have experience obtaining prescription medications through OptumRx?

Care to share?
Since last Thursday, United Healthcare of which Opyum RX falls under, has been breached by Blackcat ransomware.
They are working around it until they can resolve the problem.
Old 03-01-2024, 11:46 PM

I have used Optum RX for over 40 years. Auto refill option available is great! They will contact your Dr. if a new refill if prescription has no more refills.
Old 03-02-2024, 12:07 AM

Optum is great when it comes to ordering and delivery. As for pricing, OptumRX is roughly 5 times higher in cost per pill for 2 drugs I take. Scripts Pharmacy in Brownwood beats OptumRX every time. We found Scripts by dumb luck. It was our belief OptumRX was always the best deal, I learned they were not.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2024-03-02 at 12.03.08 AM.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	103155  
Old 03-02-2024, 09:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
We've used them for several years. The only issue I've ever had is that it seems a little like they do a bit of creep. That is, if you get a 90-day prescription (I've typically only done 90-day scrips with them), they start hitting you with texts and/or emails wanting to refill it after about 75 days. They say it's because there may always be delays in the supply chain (though I'm fortunate enough not to have had that happen) but after they've done this a few times in a row, it seems like you've barely opened the bottle with 90 days worth of pills in it and they're already trying to get you to fill the prescriptions again. Maybe I'm exagerating it in my mind. Other than that, I've never had a problem with a doctor not wanting to send the prescription to them or with them filling it.
Well I guess if I complained about anything that would be my complaint. But I guess that would be better than always running out! Good point!
Old 03-02-2024, 06:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
We've used them for several years. The only issue I've ever had is that it seems a little like they do a bit of creep. That is, if you get a 90-day prescription (I've typically only done 90-day scrips with them), they start hitting you with texts and/or emails wanting to refill it after about 75 days. They say it's because there may always be delays in the supply chain (though I'm fortunate enough not to have had that happen) but after they've done this a few times in a row, it seems like you've barely opened the bottle with 90 days worth of pills in it and they're already trying to get you to fill the prescriptions again. Maybe I'm exagerating it in my mind. Other than that, I've never had a problem with a doctor not wanting to send the prescription to them or with them filling it.
Same here.....starting to have inventory .

Berks County Pennsylvania

Tags
optumrx, experience, obtaining, prescription, medications

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.