Orthopedic Doctor for Shoulder Rotator Cuff

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2020, 07:34 AM
Default Orthopedic Doctor for Shoulder Rotator Cuff

We haven’t used medical inTV yet. My wife has a torn rotator cuff that has gotten worse and potentially needs surgery. If you have experienced this we would appreciate your sharing which doctor (or practice) you either recommend or don’t recommend. Thank you for taking the time to help.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:12 AM
Thumbs up

Thomas W. Wright, M.D. | Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation >> College of Medicine >> University of Florida

Florida University orthopedics
He is one of the best in the nation
Has done numerous surgeries on my hands and and arm.
Also did shoulder replacement on my wife (at Shands Teaching Hospital in Gainesville)
He is worth the drive to Gainesville and is usually booked solid for months
Old 11-16-2020, 10:45 PM
Gold member

I have no personal experience however I know several people who had surgery by Dr Cook who speak highly of him & recommend. Located in the Sharon Morse bldg. Good Luck
Old 11-16-2020, 10:56 PM

I had a total reverse shoulder replacement done by Dr. Wright. He does his surgery at The Shands in Gainesville and it is worth the drive. Once a month, he also sees patients at the office of Dr. James Duke in Ocala.
Old 11-17-2020, 12:13 AM
Sage

Mike Moser at the U of Florida/Shands in Gainesville, FL.

Michael Moser, M.D. | Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation >> College of Medicine >> University of Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveZ View Post
We haven’t used medical inTV yet. My wife has a torn rotator cuff that has gotten worse and potentially needs surgery. If you have experienced this we would appreciate your sharing which doctor (or practice) you either recommend or don’t recommend. Thank you for taking the time to help.
Old 11-17-2020, 05:48 AM

Phenomenal ! A kind, caring, profoundly skilled surgeon. Restored my shoulder fully. Operated on members of my family with stellar success. When there was another issue, he was quick to refer to another surgeon who he deemed more skilled in that procedure. Dr. Radnothy recommended with unbridled enthusiasm.

Radnothy Orthopaedics – Orthopedic Excellence in Lake ...radnothyortho.com
Aug 28, 2019 — Dr Jon H. Radnothy is one of Central Florida's most achieved orthopedic surgeons. After over 25 years of providing orthopedic care of the ...
‎Our Office · ‎Contact Us · ‎Our Services · ‎Our Staff
Old 11-17-2020, 08:26 AM

Thank you all very much! Very much appreciated.
Old 11-17-2020, 11:06 AM

I had a totally torn rotator cuff. Lived in Celebration and went to Dr. Matthew Johnson out of Celebration Sports Meds. I have had wonderful results and even now living in The Villages I would hesitate to go back to him from here. He did it out of a outpatient clinic in Dr. Phillips. Only in for half a day.
Closed Thread

Tags
recommend, rotator, cuff, doctor, sharing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.