Please just stay home a little while longer if you are...

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2020, 12:20 PM
Smile Please just stay home a little while longer if you are...

In a group who is susceptible or vulnerable to this situation. No one wants anyone else to die but some people would like to get on with our lives and we accept personal responsibility for our choice.

Please allow us to rejoin society and bring about a calm stability where there is no concern for health in this regard.

Please only rejoin when you feel comfortable.

God Bless You All,
Steve
Old 05-09-2020, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

My question, if all those that want to get on with their lives are willing to infect the others or get infected by the others that want to get on with their lives, is it because they believe they can easily survive, don't believe any of the stats or believe it only happens to those with underlying conditions or are vulnerable? Just curious?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-09-2020, 04:55 PM

I think we should wait for he government to tell us its ok to go back in the water....but I see members of congress flying here there and everywhere...
Old 05-09-2020, 05:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

One can make their own decision just like deciding to daily risk getting in the car or not get your flu shot.

Both have very major death rates society has decided it can "live" with.

For a moment, exclude the hot spots in the USA as they have a some explanation for reasons why they are hot spots.
The rest of the USA would then display a very different virus profile. Which I believe will play a major role in any future flare ups.

Because of the intense 24/7 reporting by the government and the media in this very instant communicating capable world, our awareness is more heightened and very different than at any other time in history.

In my opinion the fear factor seems more ever present in the virus communications.

Our household (the two of us) will remain cautious until such time there is an all clear or a vaccine. Then, as we do our flu/pneumonia/shingles shots we will be among those that opt for the vaccine. Then hopefully be able to go about our lives with no more concern than we did/do for driving a car or getting or not the flu.
Old 05-09-2020, 05:54 PM

Seriously, you believe everything you hear from Fauchi and Birks.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficoguy View Post
I think we should wait for he government to tell us its ok to go back in the water....but I see members of congress flying here there and everywhere...
Yeah, that really worked out well for Japan. Me, I think I’ll take what the government says... under advisement.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallyworld View Post
Seriously, you believe everything you hear from Fauchi and Birks.
Yes. As a matter of fact I trust Fauci and Birx completely and I do NOT believe the conspiracy theories about them. Fauci has served under six presidents and Birx also has a VERY impressive curriculum vitae. They both live comfortably, make a lot of money and enjoy the prestige that they deserve after a long stent of exemplary service in the medical field. There is nothing to warrant the foolishness being passed around on social media.

I trust their judgement far more than I do any politician in regard to my health.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	fauci and bush.jpg
Views:	2833
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	84042  
Old 05-09-2020, 07:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenG View Post
... some people would like to get on with our lives and we accept personal responsibility for our choice. Please allow us to rejoin society ...
Are your remarks directed at the government? Because neither I nor any other private citizen can prevent you from doing whatever is legal.

If you're saying you don't want to be scolded for what some see as a reckless choice that may also endanger them, then best stay offline.

TOTV members -- and I dare say, seniors in general -- are (1) very set in our ways and (2) not hesitant about dispensing opinions.
Old 05-09-2020, 10:26 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

If this were a situation where someone was only putting themselves at risk by going out without a mask or doing other risky behaviors, that would be one thing.

But the fact that they can infect others, particularly since it sounds like they are very contagious before they show any symptoms-that's an entirely different situation.

Bottom line the way I see it is, go do what you want if it's solely just putting yourself at risk, but you don't have the right to intentionally put me at risk with your irresponsible behavior.
Old 05-10-2020, 05:02 AM

The government is the last to listen to!
Old 05-10-2020, 05:35 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenG View Post
In a group who is susceptible or vulnerable to this situation. No one wants anyone else to die but some people would like to get on with our lives and we accept personal responsibility for our choice.

Please allow us to rejoin society and bring about a calm stability where there is no concern for health in this regard.

Please only rejoin when you feel comfortable.

God Bless You All,
Steve
Thank you for a realistic post. It is that 5% that have underlying conditions that need to be careful. The more they test we’re finding that many more people had this than thought had covid, which is a good thing. Mortality rate keeps going down. Like you said those people at risk just need to be careful. The rest of us want to get back to our normal lives.
Old 05-10-2020, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
My question, if all those that want to get on with their lives are willing to infect the others or get infected by the others that want to get on with their lives, is it because they believe they can easily survive, don't believe any of the stats or believe it only happens to those with underlying conditions or are vulnerable? Just curious?
My question is, if all those that are so worried about being infected are willing to cause 30 million people to be thrown out of work and destroy the economy, when does it end? Do people really think that after a business is closed for 2 months it can just re-open? After people have been propagandized for months about gloves and masks and "distancing", they're going to go right back to concerts, airplanes and restaurants? We are now in for years of depression level unemployment because Fauci et al wanted to run a giant experiment. Have you given a thought to the physical and emotional damage unemployment does to families? Please multiply by 30 million. Add a bankrupt country with $25 trillion in debt. Now call the person who wants to open the economy selfish. You do realize that there is no evidence (No studies, none) to support the theory that distancing and masks and gloves even work to reduce the level of deaths? This concept of quarantining healthy people has never been done, anywhere, ever. 8,000 people die every day in the U.S. from all causes. We can have lockdowns forever to prevent this or that illness. Have fun with the new normal.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:36 AM

Stephen - you are referencing a decision made by our leaders that will be immoral regardless of the direction. If opening the county results in more deaths (as you reference) then it is immoral. If closing the economy results in the degradation of the financial well being of 90% of society then that is an immoral decision. We need to have compassion for those leaders making such decisions because there is no "right" decision. Your certainty in the face of this has to be questioned.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:44 AM
Veteran member
Default Completely agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
If this were a situation where someone was only putting themselves at risk by going out without a mask or doing other risky behaviors, that would be one thing.

But the fact that they can infect others, particularly since it sounds like they are very contagious before they show any symptoms-that's an entirely different situation.

Bottom line the way I see it is, go do what you want if it's solely just putting yourself at risk, but you don't have the right to intentionally put me at risk with your irresponsible behavior.
You are completely right!

Everyone has the right to risk their own lives, but no one has the right to risk the lives of others 👿
Old 05-10-2020, 06:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficoguy View Post
I will never understand people who think the "government" knows more about anything than just citizens with common sense. Government bureaucrats are the last people I listen to.
Closed Thread

Tags
rejoin, choice, responsibility, personal, society

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.