Premier medical/Premier Legal

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2023, 11:00 AM
Default Premier medical/Premier Legal

After going there for about two years, I have decided to find another set of Dr's. My
endocrinologist, cardiologist, and my Primary care doctor are employed there.

They are managing their pennies at that place. Recently while trying to set up an appointment I was asked if I had been in any accidents. I am thinking they are trying to find people they can refer to their legal group.

I may have to drive all the way to Tampa or Gainesville for good Doctors.

The medical care here in the villages is not what I am use to in other places.
Old 09-14-2023, 04:14 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

Welcome to Florida Medical Care. We go to Doctors in Ocala and Orlando if we should need Emergency Room Services we use the stand alone offices (open 24hrs) 466a or 441 affiliated with Ocala Regional Medical I think they have now affiliated with HCA
Old 09-14-2023, 06:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipd411 View Post
After going there for about two years, I have decided to find another set of Dr's. My

They are managing their pennies at that place. Recently while trying to set up an appointment I was asked if I had been in any accidents. I am thinking they are trying to find people they can refer to their legal group.

One question like that and you want to change physicians?
Old 09-14-2023, 07:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,277 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:

Are you sure they are associated?

A quick google search shows multiple law firms with similar names to "Premier Legal"...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-15-2023, 07:37 AM

[QUOTE=JMintzer;2256911]Are you sure they are associated?

yes, they are. I just got a survey from them for a visit. This was the last question on the survey
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	law.jpg
Views:	2268
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	100200  
Old 09-15-2023, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Because if you have been in a auto accident, who covers your health care changes.
Old 09-15-2023, 10:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Are you sure they are associated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckboat234 View Post
yes, they are. I just got a survey from them for a visit. This was the last question on the survey
Well that is interesting. I've never seen that before...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-15-2023, 10:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Because if you have been in a auto accident, who covers your health care changes.
Yeah, that's an entirely different reason for asking that question.

If someone comes to see me after getting hurt at work or due to an injury at a store, we certainly want to know who is responsible for paying for the care.

But that is not a question typically asked of a random patient, presenting for regular care...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-16-2023, 07:09 AM

Quote:

Is this the Premier Medical Associates that had to pay a $750K fine for Medicare fraud back in May? I think this wasn’t the first time either, but I can’t confirm this.
Old 09-16-2023, 07:20 AM
Default Doctor Billing

Doctors are required to bill Medicare & insurance companies using a CMS 1500 form. Question 10 asks for accident information.

You can see the form at

https://www.cms.gov/medicare/cms-forms/cms-forms/downloads/cms1500.pdf
Old 09-16-2023, 08:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glewellen View Post
Doctors are required to bill Medicare & insurance companies using a CMS 1500 form. Question 10 asks for accident information.

You can see the form at

https://www.cms.gov/medicare/cms-for...ds/cms1500.pdf
Which has nothing to do with a yearly physical or check up, or someone coming in to have their BP checked...

Yes, you use that box when someone comes in complaining of an injury/accident...

The OP was also complaining about a question asking if they wanted a referral to their partnered legal services...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-16-2023, 09:46 AM

Quote:

I too have been subject to aggressive marketing from Premier Medical. I love my primary care doctor there, but the office staff leaves a lot to be desired. For example: (1) When I called last week to schedule an appointment with my primary care doc, the woman taking my call told me that I MUST see their dermatologist. I told her I already have a dermatologist and didn’t want a different one; to which she replied “no, you must see ours.” I said no again, but she wasn’t taking “no” for an answer. We went back and forth like that a half dozen times until she finally gave up. (2) I have also had emails show up in my email account unexpectedly telling me Premier staff scheduled an (unrequested) appointment for me at a certain date and time. These are appointments I never asked for. Where do they come off scheduling me for appointments I did not request? Sounds more like a subpoena than an appointment. I have to waste my time trying to cancel them. (3) Premier hired a house physician who was arrested for beating a woman. I don’t think he’s there anymore, but I’m not sure.
Old 09-16-2023, 01:06 PM

Quote:

The medical care is not what it used to be in Florida. One of my husband's doctors told us that there are simply more people who are older, and have more health issues than there are doctors to take care of them. It's sad but true. I could go on and on about the care, or lack of care but I think I'd be preaching to the choir.
Old 09-16-2023, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel Maryland View Post
I too have been subject to aggressive marketing from Premier Medical. I love my primary care doctor there, but the office staff leaves a lot to be desired. For example: (1) When I called last week to schedule an appointment with my primary care doc, the woman taking my call told me that I MUST see their dermatologist. I told her I already have a dermatologist and didn’t want a different one; to which she replied “no, you must see ours.” I said no again, but she wasn’t taking “no” for an answer. We went back and forth like that a half dozen times until she finally gave up. (2) I have also had emails show up in my email account unexpectedly telling me Premier staff scheduled an (unrequested) appointment for me at a certain date and time. These are appointments I never asked for. Where do they come off scheduling me for appointments I did not request? Sounds more like a subpoena than an appointment. I have to waste my time trying to cancel them. (3) Premier hired a house physician who was arrested for beating a woman. I don’t think he’s there anymore, but I’m not sure.
My husband needs PT and OT (home health.) I can't begin to tell you the nightmare it has been to get someone to come to our home. Therapists have called and made appointments and never showed up too many times to count. We fired them and got a new company. The new ones weren't any better. They all do it. They've sent nurses out and didn't want to stop. It's easy money to have a nurse take blood pressure and leave. Every time they do this it takes away from future OT and PT visits.

My husband just started a new agency. Again, they didn't call and didn't show. When they finally decided they wanted to come they didn't call or show up on the date they had scheduled with us. I called them and scheduled it for the following week (being this coming week.) One of their therapists called after the appointment was scheduled to come the following day (which was this past Thursday.) I told him my husband had scheduled an appointment this Tuesday with their scheduler. The therapist showed up at our door, unannounced on Thursday anyway.

A nurse showed up at our door one day asking for someone with a different name. I told her she had the wrong house. She left and came back a few minutes later. She knocked on the door and before I got to the door she walked into our home.

When I've contacted so called manager's of these places they just tell me what I want to hear and do whatever they want. One person told me that older people are home all the time anyway so they don't see the need to make an appointment ahead of time.
Old 09-16-2023, 03:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel Maryland View Post
Wow
Closed Thread

Tags
legal, care, find, set, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.