Primary Dr who takes Medicare and Tricare For Life

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2023, 07:30 AM
Default Primary Dr who takes Medicare and Tricare For Life

For those of you who have retired from military and use Medicare and Tricare for life. I am looking for recommendations for a good primary care Dr in the Villages. My Dr in Belleview is retiring and we have to start over. I understand the Village healthcare locations don’t take Tricare for life. I would like a location in or close to The Villages. Any suggestions?
Old 09-15-2023, 12:28 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,247 Times in 362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjanem View Post
For those of you who have retired from military and use Medicare and Tricare for life. I am looking for recommendations for a good primary care Dr in the Villages. My Dr in Belleview is retiring and we have to start over. I understand the Village healthcare locations don’t take Tricare for life. I would like a location in or close to The Villages. Any suggestions?
We have Medicare and Tricare for Life. Dr. Norman Novis has an office on 466 (lady Lake) and a new one on 44 (near Brownwood). We have been satisfied with him.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 09-15-2023, 07:56 PM

We are enrolled in basic Medicare and Tricare for Life. And we obtain our doctor support from the Villages Health Care System. When reading some of the Internet literature and comments from some well-meaning people, you could easily think that Basic Medicare and TFL aren't accepted - but they are. And most of the medical care costs are covered. Bear in mind that it does not cover eye and dental coverage. But retired military should be able to obtain some of that through GEHA; that's who we get ours. Also, hearing coverage is pretty much not covered by them; that's a big failure I think but we just accept it as a cost of being us. lol
Old 09-15-2023, 09:14 PM

That's good to know. I went to the one in Lake Sumter and was told that they don’t take Tricare for Life. I guess I need to make an appointment with the the patient person and check again.
Old 09-16-2023, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjanem View Post
That's good to know. I went to the one in Lake Sumter and was told that they don’t take Tricare for Life. I guess I need to make an appointment with the the patient person and check again.
my understanding is that your provider just needs to take medicare. medicare will pay some, then forward the bills to TFL.

Last edited by epoch; 09-16-2023 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-17-2023, 01:49 AM
Default Rivers Family Medicine.

Rivers Family Medicine has two locations in The Villages. They take Tricare for Life.
Old 09-19-2023, 04:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epoch View Post
my understanding is that your provider just needs to take medicare. medicare will pay some, then forward the bills to TFL.
That is correct. I have Medicare and TFL and have not had any problems. In fact, you don't even need to tell the provider that TFL is your secondary. I also get care at the VA Clinic. If you have any VA rated disability, there are no co-pays and hearing aids are free.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Closed Thread

Tags
tricare, life, villages, primary, medicare

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.