Probable knee replacement

Old 03-28-2024, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
What does this thread have to do with knee surgery?
Various aspects of our diets are known to cause inflammation.

It would be a rotten shame if people went under the knife to fix a problem that might be remedied by simple diet modification.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

I agree with the mention about eating habits. I will be asking several questions of my doctor when I see him in a couple of weeks, I have already made some changes.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:49 PM

Dr. in Orlando -- pronounced 'When'
Lateral approach is the term.
Also Dr Cheong in Clearwater
Old 03-28-2024, 08:54 PM

I had both knees done 2 years apart. Surgery on Monday & walking with a walker that nite.
Went home Tuesday & used walker Tuesday & Wednesday, switched to cane Thursday & threw it away Saturday AM & went & shot sporting clays in the woods.
Bad news is he’s in Ft Lauderdale.
Dr William Burke. I think he’s at Holy Cross. He’s worth the trip!
Old 03-29-2024, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I have been diagnosed with a loss of cartlidge in my knee. I talking to several people that have been in similar situation it seems they all said to forget about the braces and injections, etc., and just go for the replacement, anything else is just delaying the inevitable. Also, many have said that the side procedure is much better than the front procedure.

So, I am looking for advice from people that have had this done and a recommendation for very good surgeon, as well any other firsthand advice, like who to stay away from.
Please feel free to use Private Message if you would prefer not to put your comments on the open site or to talk to me directly.

My goal is to get back to bowling and some golfing without the current pain.

You need to be fully aware knee replacement is major surgery.

I'd suggest you join several "knee replacement" Facebook groups to get a firehose worth of opinions and what can go wrong and right even with great surgeons. Something as simple as dental cleaning can result in infection in the new joint and result in a knee revision - doing the surgery over again which you don't want after going through one rehab.

Best of luck on your ultimate decisions as all folks are different regarding knee replacements. Some heal quickly and forget the trauma fairly quickly and others suffer longer.

Tags
advice, procedure, people, knee, replacement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.