Prolapsed bladder?

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2021, 09:11 AM
Veteran member
Default Prolapsed bladder?

Ladies. Have any of you had a prolapsed bladder? I can't get in to Dr until October and have so many questions. What do they do for it today. I know yrs ago they had a net surgery but I only heard very bad experiences from it. Office told me NO EXERCISE till I see Dr which is killing me as I'm a gym rat. I called GYN. IS that the correct Dr to see? Any tips please? Don't know what happened to women's forum. This would have been appropriate to post there
Old 09-20-2021, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

/////

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 09-20-2021 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Not welcome.
Old 09-20-2021, 09:54 AM

There is a group on Facebook named "Let's Talk About Pelvic Organ Prolapse" which can answer a lot of your questions. Good luck!

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Old 09-20-2021, 10:40 AM
Veteran member

I have tried googling but prefer asking women who experienced this, Dr recommendations etc. PLEASE NO comments from men
Old 09-20-2021, 10:41 AM
Veteran member

Thank u
Old 09-20-2021, 11:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnsoul View Post
Ladies. Have any of you had a prolapsed bladder? I can't get in to Dr until October and have so many questions. What do they do for it today. I know yrs ago they had a net surgery but I only heard very bad experiences from it. Office told me NO EXERCISE till I see Dr which is killing me as I'm a gym rat. I called GYN. IS that the correct Dr to see? Any tips please? Don't know what happened to women's forum. This would have been appropriate to post there
My wife had a net/sling and that was 10 years ago and she has had no negative side effects.

I looked into it at the time (and since) and it appears to be a very successful procedure. There are a small number of people that have issues. None of those issues are life-threatening and are easily corrected.

Of course, any surgery is risky, and everyone reacts differently. I would rely on my surgeon rather than people on the internet to answer that question.
Old 09-20-2021, 12:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,746 Posts

Quote:
Me too, gym rat at least I used to be now I’ve got a home gym because of Covid. I still miss the smell of iron.

My mom had this problem, she was a gymnast. She got a pessary. For a good 40 years. No problem other than the size needed to be changed every say 10 years. This was before nets and she wasn’t into any kind of surgery anyway unless it would save her life. (I don’t like to tell a doctor how to treat but… I have only one body.)

And… don’t let anyone scare you about this condition. It is very common and women in many countries, don’t even have the option of surgery, but manage just fine.

Last edited by Velvet; 09-20-2021 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:48 PM
Veteran member

I know someone who had the net and ended up crying Worse thing SHE ever did she said. So will try to avoid that Hopefully in 10 yes something new has come along. Seeing Dr Thursday
Old 09-20-2021, 02:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,746 Posts

Quote:
I know someone who had the net and ended up crying Worse thing SHE ever did she said. So will try to avoid that Hopefully in 10 yes something new has come along. Seeing Dr Thursday
Best wishes.
Old 09-21-2021, 05:12 AM
Default Prolapsed bladder

Quote:
I was an OB/Gyn RN for 45 years. There are a number of options available to you but you need to see an Gynecologist or Urogynecologist to examine you and determine the degree of prolapse and then the proper treatment. Please stay away from the scare stories. Good luck
Old 09-21-2021, 05:24 AM

Try to see a Urogynecologist, not just a Gynecologist. Urogynecologist specializes in all woman parts. Good luck and be well.

QUOTE=Heartnsoul;2007017]Ladies. Have any of you had a prolapsed bladder? I can't get in to Dr until October and have so many questions. What do they do for it today. I know yrs ago they had a net surgery but I only heard very bad experiences from it. Office told me NO EXERCISE till I see Dr which is killing me as I'm a gym rat. I called GYN. IS that the correct Dr to see? Any tips please? Don't know what happened to women's forum. This would have been appropriate to post there[/QUOTE]
Old 09-21-2021, 06:02 AM

Yes, you will want to see a Uro - Gyne. I was a Women's Health nurse for many years and we did see bladder prolapse a LOT!
I don't know anything about this Doc, but have seen ads for her-
Uzoma K. Nwaubani, MD: Urogynecology, Medical Spa, & Laser Center Wildwood, FL: NUWA WORLD
Old 09-21-2021, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Depends upon the quality of the doctor. I have the same problem. The existing procedure that is commonly known works for younger women for years. Doctors in Florida will tell you to do exercises and physical therapy, to strengthen the muscles however I don’t think that’s the solution. I’m going to check into a better solution out of state.
Old 09-21-2021, 07:57 AM

I had a prolapsed bladder and uterus about 6 years ago. I had a hysterotomy and bladder repair. My GYN did the surgery at the Leesburg hospital. I was there for only 2 days. No problems at all. Things are fine now.
Old 09-21-2021, 08:33 AM
Default Gyn/Uro

I have a friend who went to her gynecologist and then 2 different urologists for leakage. She tried specialized physical therapy which helped a little. It was recommended that she see a gynecologist/urologist . Dr Emily Weber Le Brun from UF Florida in Gainesville has an office in The Villages. I would suggest a consultation with her 352-355-1296. I have learned that you don’t choose a doctor for possible surgery on who is available first👍
Closed Thread

Tags
prolapsed, bladder, killing, gym, rat

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.