Any experience with Dr. Helene Aisenstat?

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2015, 11:26 AM
Post Any experience with Dr. Helene Aisenstat?

We are arriving in TV on Friday and will be a permanent resident!! I am not eligible for medicare, however, my 87 year old mom will be accompanying us and she will be part of TV Health Care. I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Helene Aisenstat (Pinellas) for the week after we arrive. I was wondering if anyone has any insight into their experiences with her as a doctor.. bedside manner, knowledge, access to appointments, length of appointment as a new patient etc. Greatly appreciate your thoughts. Oh... and I can't wait to be a FROG!!!
Old 04-06-2015, 11:41 AM
Veteran member

If haven't already done so, ask her current doctor(s) to send a copy of her health records to Dr to "provide continuity of care". That last phrase taps the law which requires providers to do so free of charge in order to make sure that the new doc knows all the important stuff. Offer to pay for FedEx - it is worth it to have all that info available.

Before DW and I went for our first visits, we gathered up all of our records. I also did a summary which included a list of doctors, hospital stays, meds and allergies. Helps a lot with that first interview where they will ask for that info and means that errors in transcribing info is less likely.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:01 PM

Both my husband and I go to her. She is an excellent listener, not test crazy or pill pushing. Seems very smart and easy to talk to. We both had an excellent dr. up North, so were apprehensive when we moved here, but are very pleased with "Dr. Helene". There was a great article about her and her husband in the newspaper - she was a nurse and a paramedic before becoming a doctor.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspat View Post
Both my husband and I go to her. She is an excellent listener, not test crazy or pill pushing. Seems very smart and easy to talk to. We both had an excellent dr. up North, so were apprehensive when we moved here, but are very pleased with "Dr. Helene". There was a great article about her and her husband in the newspaper - she was a nurse and a paramedic before becoming a doctor.

I can't say enough about how great I think she was as my doctor and agree with all the above. However, not too thrilled about her husband. He dropped the ball right off the bat with my husband.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Platinum member

I chose Dr. Helene as my primary physician because I liked the idea that she had been an RN first.
So far, so good.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:06 AM
Default Very good experience so far

Dr Helen is easy to talk to and listens to your concerns. I had a problem with pain and she saw me right away with no appointment. I recommend her.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.